O’Hare to L*cester (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

£15m seemed obscenely high for Hamer too, given the circumstances.

Could be a bidding war and a team is particularly desperate to secure him.

A team like Southampton may not be a preferred destination in free agency - they might not get promoted.
Hamer had 1 year left tho. O hare down to mere months.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hamer had 1 year left tho. O hare down to mere months.

Well, £5 upfront. £15m does seem a bit high but that’s with performance incentives.

For arguments sake, another team could be offering £5-8m cash.

Similar structured deals is probably how we landed Simms in a crowded field of suitors.

AFCCOVENTRY

I’m happy to accept the £15m bid from Southampton. I’ll speak to Doug tomorrow. If someone here can arrange to drive him down to the coast tomorrow for a medical that would be great 👍

ccfc1234

5 million now and an extra 6 million of they go up seems fair and would be small money to a club going into the top flight.

I still think the Leicester link has most legs Dewsbury Hall might be leaving for 30m and Leciester could spend a third of that to replace him with COH.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course if this is real and it's all accepted, we're then gambling on Southampton going up when they're in a three horse race for one automatic spot. Need to have a replacement ready too.

Martin180

5 million now and an extra 6 million of they go up seems fair and would be small money to a club going into the top flight.

I still think the Leicester link has most legs Dewsbury Hall might be leaving for 30m and Leciester could spend a third of that to replace him with COH.
Leicester want 40 million

mmttww

The season was over when we sold, this season will be over if we sell now.
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Alkhen

I'm fine with cashing in but I want it done with time left to bring in a replacement. Hope it doesn't happen but could see someone panicking last day and chucking a big offer in.

shmmeee

I am close to somebody at the club who says we are interested and one of your previous posters said our players were in his ear, so
maybe there is some truth.

Viewing my previous posts you will see I am not a WUM, but personally think he will carry on with you until the summer and don’t blame him if he does.

Thing is if he waits he can go to a wider range of clubs knowing what level he’s playing at for a full season, plus all the trimmings of a free signing in terms of wages and signing on fees.

He’s guaranteed first team in a Championship promotion contender and can pick his club if we don’t go up (or even if we do), there’s nothing in it for him to sign for anyone right now.

Astute

He's saying the season's over without O'Hare. I'm pointing out that the opposite was true last season.
Last season was different. We had the best striker and best midfielder in the division. We didn't have much more though. Now we have quality right through the side. We will make the playoffs if he stays until the end of the season or leaves now. We are already starting to make a gap between us and those below us.

But would be great to have O'Hare in the playoffs final at Wembley.

hamertime

Last season was different. We had the best striker and best midfielder in the division. We didn't have much more though. Now we have quality right through the side. We will make the playoffs if he stays until the end of the season or leaves now. We are already starting to make a gap between us and those below us.

We don’t have quality through the side that’s deluded. We have players we own over last year yes. Once we loose creativity we are bang average. If we sell Ohare and the inevitable happens when palmer gets injured mid table.

Mcbean

Yep it will be a long time before he gets the chance to go to Wembley again if he leaves Spurs been waiting for years

long way home

I cant see that money being offered, but if Southampton want him that bad then how an offer could be structured has already been stated and makes sense. It would be sad and frustrating to lose Callum, but when things happen like this, its about how you replace and react.

As for fans its out of our hands, we just have to trust the recruiting side and let the process of building a squad carry on. What that department has recently showed, is that we have got better identifying players and are in a better financial situation to create a deeper squad with our own quality players. I just hope we are down the line with a couple more incoming and carry on with what we have done so far in keeping us very competitive even with the loss of our best players.

Last edited:

ccfc1234

Thing is if he waits he can go to a wider range of clubs knowing what level he’s playing at for a full season, plus all the trimmings of a free signing in terms of wages and signing on fees.

He’s guaranteed first team in a Championship promotion contender and can pick his club if we don’t go up (or even if we do), there’s nothing in it for him to sign for anyone right now.
The security of having a bumper 3 or 4 year contract agreed and not worrying about the injury too much with the prospect of becoming a free agent?

Users who are viewing this thread