Nuneaton (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

What are the shithole areas?

Looking at purchasing to rent out and found a decent one in Bracebridge Street if anyones aware what its like there? Cant get any definitive answer online and wondered if any locals had much knowledge.

Cheers

Terry Gibson's perm

Looking at purchasing to rent out and found a decent one in Bracebridge Street if anyones aware what its like there? Cant get any definitive answer online and wondered if any locals had much knowledge.

Cheers

even though they have spent a fortune in Camp Hill and tried to rename it still rubbish there as is Grove Farm.

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend I don’t know Bracebridge Street as I dont really go into that part of town.

SAJ

Cheers
Would have thought it would be reasonable for renting out as it’s close to the town centre. If memory serves me rightly it’s a one way street so parking is usually less of a problem and most if not all the houses are 2 or 3 bed terraces so are ideal for renting. At the end of the day it depends on what you’ve got to pay to get it then what you realistically expect to receive in rent after monthly costs.

SBAndy

The area’s a bit cack but it’ll likely rent (though nothing will in the current climate so make sure you retain enough cash for 6 months’ council tax and mortgage). Best area for rentals I would say is Weddington though that’ll be a bit pricier.

I work in property investment finance so feel free to PM if you want any guidance.

PurpleBin

Would have thought it would be reasonable for renting out as it’s close to the town centre. If memory serves me rightly it’s a one way street so parking is usually less of a problem and most if not all the houses are 2 or 3 bed terraces so are ideal for renting. At the end of the day it depends on what you’ve got to pay to get it then what you realistically expect to receive in rent after monthly costs.

Is it mate yeah? Sound that. Ever thought about a gig on Homes under the Hammer?

shmmeee

Zoopla do average sales prices and rental costs by outgoing postcode if you want to calculate yields. I thought my site did it but seems we aggregate the entirety of Nuneaton. Can have a look at the source data when I’m working but for a one off you’d be as good just going to Zoopla direct.

CovInEssex

The area’s a bit cack but it’ll likely rent (though nothing will in the current climate so make sure you retain enough cash for 6 months’ council tax and mortgage). Best area for rentals I would say is Weddington though that’ll be a bit pricier.

I work in property investment finance so feel free to PM if you want any guidance.

I always thought the nice areas are where homeowners live? For example, if you're going to live in Weddington you're probably going to purchase aren't you not? (I may be wrong)

To the OP, Bracebridge isn't bad as long as you buy north of Princes Av.

Last edited:

SBAndy

I always thought the nice areas are where homeowners live? For example, if you're going to live in Weddington you're probably going to purchase aren't you not? (I may be wrong)

To the OP, Bracebridge isn't bad as long as you buy north of Princes Av.

You’d be amazed how many look to rent in certain school catchment areas. There is a point where the gross yield starts to weaken significantly and that is usually when you’re looking at houses of £220k+. However you would tend to get more reliable tenants in the pricier homes just as a matter of course, which is the trade off. It’s also about understanding what the main goal is: are you looking to increase your monthly income or see capital growth in the property? Whilst you’ll often get both, there are different types of property to look at for different results.

Terry Gibson's perm

You’d be amazed how many look to rent in certain school catchment areas. There is a point where the gross yield starts to weaken significantly and that is usually when you’re looking at houses of £220k+. However you would tend to get more reliable tenants in the pricier homes just as a matter of course, which is the trade off. It’s also about understanding what the main goal is: are you looking to increase your monthly income or see capital growth in the property? Whilst you’ll often get both, there are different types of property to look at for different results.

Nobody would be trying to get into that catchment area we lived quite a distance from it and got put into Chilvers Coton so we refused and ended up moving house to get a better school

Users who are viewing this thread