Nuneaton Town (1 Viewer)

skybluesalex

What do you people actually think of Nuneaton Town, Like or dislike them ?

bigfatronssba

Like (what is there to not like?)

wingy

Its just that tweet they put up about us and our fans after the friendly in pre-season

and some of their fans detest Ccfc

Don't worry about them ,You can only be offended by the tweet If you do Twitter ,like many things on there .

Personally I don't,feel a bit sorry for them losing their last manager to Wrexham TBF ,always want local teams to do well and don't see any Rivalry with them ,unless they act like Neanderthals .

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I care about Nuneaton as much as I care about ............. er .............. er ............... Bugger it! I simply don't care about NONEeaton!

Samo

I like them... In the same way that I might like a slightly simple relative who may (or may not) be the result of inbreeding. I mean I want them to get the help and support they need... but I don't want them round for dinner... or near my children.

Last edited:

Hobo

Nuneaton Town? Never been shopping there and never had a beer there.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They're quite a simple race Hobo. And quite safe. They have electricity and all sorts of things now.

Frisky blue

I like them... In the same way that I might like a slightly simple relative who may (or may not) be the result of interbreeding. I mean I want them to get the help and support they need... but I don't want them round for dinner... or near my children.

You make it easy for almost anyone to feel superior, well done you.

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't stand them but I can't imagine we will ever play them in the league unless something goes badly wrong here as they have owners with no ambition and will never get out of the Conference, let them have their cup final once a year pre season.

theferret

Went to watch them once. Their fans starting singing anti-CCFC songs. Never went back.

Also spoke to a City fan who went to watch them last season wearing a CCFC polo shirt (or something), got a load of abuse and was told to fuck off and go and watch his own club.

I work in Nuneaton and quite a few are Cov fans anyway, but the hardcore Boro fans are a bunch of diagonal walking chimps.

Covstu

Is this is similar scenario to us and villa? They hate us but we are way out of their league, we hate villa (well some of us still do) and they are well out of our league....

Astute

Why would anyone dislike them? They may be a local team, but are not and have never been our rivals.

Hobo

They're quite a simple race Hobo. And quite safe. They have electricity and all sorts of things now.

Ive been to Bedworth many times so I am sure I could cope with Nuneaton folk. It is just a place I have never needed or had the desire to visit.

Ashdown

I look out for their results and hope they win to be honest. Nuneaton has a nice little shopping area/market. Many City fans from Nun although bizarrely many Leicester fans also. Disappoints me the lack of loyalty to Coventry from many of the Warwickshire towns North and South to be honest, where you see a lot of affiliation to Birmingham teams. On saying that though, there are stacks of Sky Blues here in SW Leics.

Sky Blue Dal

Follow Woking Town in the Conference so no time for small time Nuneaton ... Now thinking about it I did notice a lot of Villa and B'ham fans there when I studies at there North Warwickshire college in the 80's.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Worked in Lamington for 15 years and there were many Villa and Blues fans mixed in with a few City.

Funny though when you go as far as Stratford the Brum affiliation get even stronger......

Brummies who have made it.

I think you generally always hate the bigger club. We hate Villa. Leicester hate us as do Nuneaton. I know that things change and Leicester are now a bigger club than us and Villa may have had a few years as a smaller club, but generally instead of looking up with respect, football fans seem to look up with hate and envy.

I look out for their results and hope they win to be honest. Nuneaton has a nice little shopping area/market. Many City fans from Nun although bizarrely many Leicester fans also. Disappoints me the lack of loyalty to Coventry from many of the Warwickshire towns North and South to be honest, where you see a lot of affiliation to Birmingham teams. On saying that though, there are stacks of Sky Blues here in SW Leics.

As someone having lived in Hinckley for 27 years (but born and bred Cov) I have to echo these thoughts. Used to work in Nuneaton for many years and was always a mix of Cov Villa and Nuneaton supporters. Tend to look out for their results- even went to a game last season but they are the poor relation to the Sky Blues imo

Hobo

Personally I like to see all local non league clubs do well. I'd love to see Nuneaton get promoted.
when there are teams you haven't regularly played against I think fans feelings are fairly nuetral. Rivalry comes from playing opponents regularly and having key matches against each other.

Despite the feuding between Coventry and Leicester, I was pleased to see them get promotion last year. I thought they deserved it. It obviously helped that we weren't in the same league, it would have been harder to accept then.

oscillatewildly

I went to Amsterdam a few years ago to watch an England friendly. In Rembrandt square I spotted the huge Nuneaton Borough (as they were then) St George that I had seen a few times at England games both home and abroad. It's worth mentioning at this point that we had just been relegated from the prem. I went over to have a chat with the owners and we were having a few laughs, I obviously mentioned that I was a Cov fan.
My understanding of how non league football support works was very rudimentary. I was itching to know which of the local 'big' clubs they followed, so I asked "Who's your premier team"? The question was met with silence and most of them turned away, except for one who offered: "We don't have one, we just support the Boro". "Why, who's yours"? I felt myself diminishing in stature by the response and made my excuse to leave owing to a visit to the clog museum. Ever since I've had a strange, albeit mild respect for them.

Gazolba

Like or dislike them ?

Went to Manor Park years ago when they were called Nuneaton Borough. All I can remember is they threw rocks at us. I cannot remember if it was Cov vs Nuneaton or Nuneaton vs Someone else. All I remember is rocks raining down from the sky. Would not go there again. I hope they do well as they are somewhat local but no more so than Bedworth, Rugby or Leamington.

Last edited:

Baginton

I like em, theyve done really well to get into and stay in the Conference premier, tidy new little terrace behind the goal, cheap admission, dosent cost a tenner to park, food is cheap too.

All clubs have a few idiots that follow them,

Astute

As someone having lived in Hinckley for 27 years (but born and bred Cov) I have to echo these thoughts. Used to work in Nuneaton for many years and was always a mix of Cov Villa and Nuneaton supporters. Tend to look out for their results- even went to a game last season but they are the poor relation to the Sky Blues imo

Poor relation yes....but only two divisions below us :eek:

Astute

I like em, theyve done really well to get into and stay in the Conference premier, tidy new little terrace behind the goal, cheap admission, dosent cost a tenner to park, food is cheap too.

All clubs have a few idiots that follow them,

Only a few?

Users who are viewing this thread