Nuneaton Town (1 Viewer)

jesus-wept

Apparently the whole Nuneaton squad is available for transfer, bit of a shock considering their league position. I hear they are in a perilous position financially. Another local club who sold their heritage for a new stadium and perhaps going tits up.

RoboCCFC90

Got to feel for them over in Treacle Town, they need to reach the Football League and quickly.

Gint11

Shame that. Never good for any club at any level to be in that situation. They are our feeder club

RoboCCFC90

Okay I feel as if this is wrong, but Louis Moult would he not be a cheap signing for us? Played well in the friendly against us in the beginning of the season and already has 12 goals this season, only 21, thoughts?

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

What's your gut instinct tell you?

Wouldn't be surprised if they did to be honest.

Never in a million years thought that they'd be telling the truth about moving out of The Ricoh and decamping to another ground, but they actually went and did that, so hard to predict.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't!

dongonzalos

Lord sometimes, you need to think a little out of the box.

For me that idea was never about getting Nuneaton to Cov.

Most people think SISU have no intention of building a new stadium. it is part of a ploy to buy the Ricoh on the cheap.

At the moment ACL claim that the are sustainable without the club. SISU do not believe this and are trying to hold out for as long as possible increasing the pressure to buy the stadium.

As rightly pointed out by you on many occasions Mr Haskell is not a Coventry fan.
It will not matter to him which team is in that stadium. Coventry is best for all the obvious reasons.

However if he set the ball rolling that he is considering buying Nuneaton (who need the help). He is also considering buying ACL outright.

He would be buying a club 2 years away from where we are. He then has what he has been trying to get.

As soon as he started the ball rolling on this CCFC would be back in the Ricoh before the end of the month. It would destroy SISU's plan.

However it is highly unlikely Mr Haskell would want to waste his time just to get us back.

dongonzalos

Are you appealing to a higher authority?

If he was the higher authority,Heaven would be pretty empty.

You get up there he would refuse entry with a sarcastic one liner.

You would try and delve into the debate. Find yourself facing a deluge of one liners to everything you say.

You end up booking yourself in downstairs.

torchomatic

dongonzalos

NUNEATON Town owner Ian Neale has today announced he is to step down from the club.

Neale revealed he is in talks with more than one group looking to buy the Skrill Premier club.

No timescale has been revealed for his departure, however, it is thought a group of local businessmen are among those to have expressed an interest.

Neale said: "I have personally managed the club hands on since 2008.

"At the time I did not say how long I would be here, and that if I felt I could not take the club any further it would time for me to pass on the baton."

Neale has made no secret of the fact he has been looking for a cash injection.

He says competing with clubs that have significantly bigger budgets - five times in some cases - has made it to much of a task.

However, he believes promotion to League Two is ultimately possible.

Joy Division

Must be the only, if not one of the very few teams in the conference who's players are all still on part-time contracts.

Users who are viewing this thread