Nuneaton Town (Away) Match Thread - Saturday 9th Jul (15:00 Kick Off) (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

Kyle spence looked tricky and lively when he came on... would rather have seen him given a chance last seasom instead of hair band billy big bollocks

FRY-CCFC

Whitmore, Haynes and Devon looked impressive in a 5-2-3/3-4-3 formation. Expect at least a couple of centre backs and wingers if this is what we plan on playing

stupot07

A decent game tbf. A few nice performances. Not sure I like the formation much, the strikers were very isolated at times and not enough bodies in the box, more work needs to be done if we're going to play that way. (obvious I know).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Shouldn't we be beating teams like Nuneaton at least 3-0 or 4-0?

Otis

Yes, we should be beating teams like Nuneaton 4-0 in a kickabout friendly, a week into pre-season training, with a team full of kids. I am fuming that we didn't. Relegation beckons.
I think we should sack Mowbray on the back of that yesterday.

Should have been 7 goals up on the half hour.

ccfctommy

Best performance vs nuneaton for a fair few years.
Quite happy with the talent on show ,hoping it stops a few folk flapping about squad depth
Squad depth? A lot of that team are the under 21 team. I agree with TV that we need at least 6 new players.

lifeskyblue

We fielded 2 full teams and played ok. Yes we need a few more experienced players and a brute of a centre half but overall the future with those kids looks good. Want to see more of gadzhev before I make a judgement abs sir sell looked rusty. Jones clearly has a lot more to offer. I was struck by how small a lot of our players are. We do need a bit more height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

We fielded 2 full teams and played ok. Yes we need a few more experienced players and a brute of a centre half but overall the future with those kids looks good. Want to see more of gadzhev before I make a judgement abs sir sell looked rusty. Jones clearly has a lot more to offer. I was struck by how small a lot of our players are. We do need a bit more height.

With the kids, is it more likely to be next year they make an impact rather than this? How raw or ready are they?

lifeskyblue

I think leahy, whitmore, maycock, Shipley and spence need another year. Players like the DKEs and possibly Stevenson and Thomas might benefit from loans to div2 outfits. The others could all play a part

stevefloyd

I agree the the DKE are definitely not ready yet good shout sticking them out on loan, I thought Dion looked better than Devon, I liked the look of Spence seemed very direct and had very quick feet good turn of pace etc, loan him out at the beginning of the season and bring him back for JPT etc bulk him up a bit and I think or rather I hope we have a great player in the making

stevefloyd

Ohh and Whitmore caught my eye he looked quick and got forward well also put good balls into the box, toasted their hair band queen at 1 point yesterday :)

stupot07

With the kids, is it more likely to be next year they make an impact rather than this? How raw or ready are they?
Based purely on yesterday, G Thomas, Stevenson, Harries and the Kelly-evans twins will be in and around the squad next season. The others probably need another season. I thought Thomas in particular looked very sharp.

Spence and Sayoud both had decent cameos although is was difficult for Spence and Dion Kelly-Evans playing right wing back with Jodi Jones hugging the touchline in front of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Thought Thomas looked sharp for 1st 30 minutes then disappeared a little but he looked very positive when the 2nd half started

Pipehitterz

Thought Thomas looked sharp for 1st 30 minutes then disappeared a little but he looked very positive when the 2nd half started
so want him to be 'the 'player that breaks through.
But I have to be honest , yesterday was another performance that produced nothing.
I don't believe he has it in him.
The Second half , there was that goalmouth scramble , a yard out he decided to take a touch instead of roasting it into the net
Disappointing

Hobo

In my experience friendlies tell you very little about how the season is going to pan out for the team or individual players. The first friendly even less so.

We need to find a minimum of four quality players to add to our squad, maybe even six.

It is certainly going to be a tough season (regardless of the team's ability). I just hope it is an enjoyable one.

fernandopartridge

But I have to be honest , yesterday was another performance that produced nothing.
The Second half , there was that goalmouth scramble , a yard out he decided to take a touch instead of roasting it into the net
Disappointing
Yes he lacks ruthlessness.

Terry Gibson's perm

I will be shocked if he ever plays regularly for us or above our level, I don't even think Sheffield Utd are desperate enough to give him a long term deal yet:woot:

theferret

Disappointing

Totally agree. Hope I'm wrong, but despite being a decent all-round footballer, he doesn't seem to have that one outstanding attribute he needs to kick on. He doesn't have blistering pace, too small to be a threat in the air and not great with his back to goal. He might be a decent finisher, but haven't seen much evidence of that. Like I say, hope I'm proved wrong.

Despite that, some encouraging performances yesterday.

Otis

Totally agree. Hope I'm wrong, but despite being a decent all-round footballer, he doesn't seem to have that one outstanding attribute he needs to kick on. He doesn't have blistering pace, too small to be a threat in the air and not great with his back to goal. He might be a decent finisher, but haven't seen much evidence of that. Like I say, hope I'm proved wrong.

Despite that, some encouraging performances yesterday.
He's Welsh isn't he.

If he doesn't have that outstanding attribute to kick on I would expect to see him in the next Welsh world cup squad.

Gazolba

<snip>there were a few in here saying we couldn't field a team, yet we managed to field 24 players

So what exactly is the point in playing a friendly against Nuneaton? Why not just split the available CCFC players into two teams of 11 and play each other?

steve82

So what exactly is the point in playing a friendly against Nuneaton? Why not just split the available CCFC players into two teams of 11 and play each other?

Professional clubs up and down the country traditionally take a side to there non league neighbours, puts welcome cash in there pot as it tends to pull in 3/4/5 times there average gate for the season.
I'm sure players would also rather test themselves in a match scenario rather than a training match against there team mates.

Users who are viewing this thread