nuneaton say no (1 Viewer)

Covstu

well they didnt say no, they just said that the club havent done anything with it!!!

SkyBlue76

Nice one! Just in time for the forum. I'm guessing there are a few Cov fans working for N&B Council. :)

Seyeclops666

So they are not really in talks with anyone about anything then - I am truly shocked that Shitsu appear to have been lying to us!! :eek::thinking about::censored:

jesus-wept

well they didnt say no, they just said that the club havent done anything with it!!!
It will be no now you can bet on that I bet the local MP has been deluged with letters and e mails this morning

Astute

So it is a yes and a no. Yes something was asked ages ago but not followed through. Typical SISUE.

So everything still points towards wanting the Ricoh but pretending elsewhere is wanted. And Timothy says a rental deal could be done. To me it is a choice of two things. They can't raise the money or they have realised that it would cost them much more than it is worth.

RoboCCFC90

Before everyone says "Fisher Lies" and "It's all bollocks" the statement from N&B say's they've had contact but hasn't ruled out future contact.

chiefdave

which is very different from Labovich and Fisher stating they were talking to 2 councils who were very keen and economic assesment reports were being carried out. anyone could phone up the council and ask a couple of questions about building a stadium, that's a million miles from actually building one. For all we know they asked and were told to get stuffed!

chiefdave

Before everyone says "Fisher Lies" and "It's all bollocks" the statement from N&B say's they've had contact but hasn't ruled out future contact.

Fisher very clearly stated they were speaking to 2 councils - a lie. He also said those councils were very interested and there was an ongoing dialogue (reports, plans etc) - a lie.

SkyBlue76

But SISU have said before, and repeated in the latest CT article: "there is a great deal of work taking place including economic and community impact reports which have been requested by those authorities we are talking to."

But they are talking to no-one. And no council has requested anything from the club. Unless they are talking to councils further afield (which also means they were lying about 'the coventry area') then this has been exposed as a down-right lie.

valiant15

Fisher, you couldn't lie straight in bed, you tell more porky pies than my six year old,you are without doubt the worst chairman this football club has ever had.

What a waste of space you are.

skyblueinBaku

It doesn't say when the approach was made. Saying that it was 'speculative' and 'at an early stage' could mean that it was at an early stage of the development plans. It could have been quite recently. It's a bit too early to start cheering yet, lads.

Covstu

But SISU have said before, and repeated in the latest CT article: "there is a great deal of work taking place including economic and community impact reports which have been requested by those authorities we are talking to."

But they are talking to no-one. And no council has requested anything from the club. Unless they are talking to councils further afield (which also means they were lying about 'the coventry area') then this has been exposed as a down-right lie.

exactly what is the definition of the coventry area, Birmingham maybe????

RoboCCFC90

Fisher very clearly stated they were speaking to 2 councils - a lie. He also said those councils were very interested and there was an ongoing dialogue (reports, plans etc) - a lie.

He has enquired to 2 Council's. Unfortunately where Fisher's nose is extending is when he says he is in constant dialogue.

ecky

What's the point of the meeting then tonight?
Surely under the freedom of information act fisher would know we could check this out and the truth would come out?

Astute

Had contact about somewhere but wasn't followed up.

chiefdave

He has enquired to 2 Council's. Unfortunately where Fisher's nose is extending is when he says he is in constant dialogue.

No he hasn't, he clearly said he'd spoken to 2 councils about the new stadium. He may, from what's in the N&B council, have made an enquiry to them but he hasn't made an enquiry to any other council. The reponse from Rugby council was to do with training ground and the summary of the reponse was them telling him he had no chance.

SkyBlue76

exactly what is the definition of the coventry area, Birmingham maybe????

They started saying one (or two - I forget) sites they were looking at would be outside the coventry boundary but actually closer to the city centre than the ricoh.

So, they are either lying about talking to councils or their definition of 'Coventry area' is not what they have allowed us to believe. Whichever it is - surely those going to the forum need to thrash this out.

Monners

Hedge funds don't build stadiums. It is all about the Ricoh and always has been. Also probably some interest in the Enterprise Zone in Northampton (which includes the SIxfields area). I don't really care if Fisher lies to us, he doesn't actually need to tell us anything - which is probably why he entertained himself by insulting the fans at the meeting before Christmas. The only thing that matters to a hedge fund are the investors portfolios that they look after.

Specs WT-R75

Title of thread is incorrect, however this post is exactly what we should be ramming down the neck of TF + ML... time to cut with the bs and come clean.

wince

It doesn't say when the approach was made. Saying that it was 'speculative' and 'at an early stage' could mean that it was at an early stage of the development plans. It could have been quite recently. It's a bit too early to start cheering yet, lads.
Since that initial exploratory contact we have received no further approach and we are therefore not considering any proposal for any particular location."
Coventry City have said in a statement issued to the Coventry Telegraph that there is a great deal of work going on with the new stadium.
City said in the statement:
“There are commercial and political sensitivities surrounding our talks with local authorities with regards to building our new stadium and we cannot comment on individual sites or discussions at this stage.
“However, there is a great deal of work taking place including economic and community impact reports which have been requested by those authorities we are talking to.
“Of course, the positive impact on both fronts will be substantial

RoboCCFC90

No he hasn't, he clearly said he'd spoken to 2 councils about the new stadium. He may, from what's in the N&B council, have made an enquiry to them but he hasn't made an enquiry to any other council. The reponse from Rugby council was to do with training ground and the summary of the reponse was them telling him he had no chance.

Why would he enquire about building a training ground when we have one that is owned by the Club....???

Rusty Trombone

Possibly, but I get the impression that N&B Council are pretty annoyed that their normal confidential approach has been disrupted by the enquiring party. They seem keen to pour water on the value of the approach, whether this be recent or not.

blueflint

a speculative contact not followed up is not what timmy has said and also labovic or whatever his name is. they are talking to two councils and talks have progressed utter bollocks lying twats

chiefdave

Why would he enquire about building a training ground when we have one that is owned by the Club....???

That is a question you would need to direct to Fisher himself. If I was to take a guess the approach was made after they had a strop and moved out of the Higgs. Ryton doesn't have the facilites needed to retain their academy status so I would summise that Fisher was looking at alternative. As we know they ended up having to move back to the Higgs.

Astute

Has anyone got all day to put together a list of things done by Timothy. Why has he, why did he and why didn't he.

skybluetony176

true. but thats only 1 local authority, not 2. and no further contact mean's that they havent recieved impact statements etc from sisu as stated my ML.

ecky

I hope the FL & FA have been told this news that every local authority surrounding cov has not been approached by sisu?
I thought this was part of the conditions sisu came under?

Someone ask Sandra tonight why no local authority has been contacted about building a new ground? I am dying to here her reply...

or could it be N&B trying to calm the speculation down? he has basically said we have spoke to them and heard nothing back...so its either not happening or CCFC are doing due diligence - having impact reports done etc...all this would have to be done to even considering making an further approach to the Council.

Users who are viewing this thread