Nuneaton Equal top of Conference (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

very early days but Possibility could be playing them next season in the league never thought that would happen

Gray

with our current goal scoring form we are on course to score 150 goals this season, i think we'll be alright even with the -10 points

Gray

Never know whats around the corner with the current set up - all our best players could be sold and the manager leaves to pastures new - some of us do think like that as it recently happened with Robins

Sold!? i doubt that very much.....They'll just be given away for free to reduce wages

Crowd of 1500 at Nuneaton today and if we don't meet them in the league they'll soon be beating us on attendance figures alone.

Who would have thought a season ago.

skybluesam66

was talking to somebody there today on the coaching side. they are one of only 4 semi pro clubs in the conference
Their ground is not currently up to league standard, so if they could get promoted, they would need somewhere to play at least in the short term:thinking about:

Gray

was talking to somebody there today on the coaching side. they are one of only 4 semi pro clubs in the conference
Their ground is not currently up to league standard, so if they could get promoted, they would need somewhere to play at least in the short term:thinking about:

there is no way they are going to allow three teams to play at Northampton

jesus-wept

They were apparently on the brink financially too, their chairman Neale going bankrupt and the football ground up for sale. Ideally poised for a takeover.

Johnnythespider

with our current goal scoring form we are on course to score 150 goals this season, i think we'll be alright even with the -10 points
All very well but with our current defensive form we are on target to concede 149 ;)

Tommystours

went to the game today as I only live up the road ( so to speak). Quite a good game , some appalling refereeing decisions , and the one bit of luck that Boro had was that Armson took the penalty with a minute of injury time to go , goalkeeper saves it and it bounced back to the penalty taker and gooooooaaaaalllll 2-1 to Boro.
I would rather be watching my beloved Sky Blues in Coventry . but needed a football fix. Spoke to a few Nuneaton based Cov fans and had a good chat with Billy Bell after the game.

I bet they have no problem finding a stadium within 35 mile to play in League 2 at though, in fact within 5 miles.

shmmeee

Not a Phoenix club but if Nuneaton ended up at The Ricoh while their ground was improved to league standard and they got to L1. Would people go and watch them?

NuneatonSkyBlue

They were apparently on the brink financially too, their chairman Neale going bankrupt and the football ground up for sale. Ideally poised for a takeover.

There was stories a while ago but i think Ian Neale's personal financial issues aren't effecting the club too much at the moment. The boro signed a number of players (both loan and permanent) in the close season and improvements were made to the ground aswell. The ground was also named The Sperrin Brewery Stadium for this season as part of a sponsorship initiative the club ran over the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread