Match Thread Nuneaton Boro (A) Friendly (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

TBH I wish we took the cups seriously. We aren’t Chelsea.
Agree with that decent little cup runs can be spring boards to better things and Northampton are a good opposition to see where we are at.

CDK

Bright is probably still getting his fitness to the level think that's why he didn't feature v wolves,so he may get a run out v Boro.

skybluegod

Not sure so many fringe players will be involved now after most featured against Wolverhampton
We have first team games on Sunday and Tuesday so I suspect they will be kept back for those with fringe players likley to start against Northampton
Got to be question marks over the two trialists if they haven't been offered deals yet

To be fair, I don't see why fringe players should need over a week to recover? Especially with a disrupted pre-season we could do with getting minutes into those that need them.

I agree it won't be the team listed above but think it should have players who won't be involved on Sunday/ are unlikely to get on unless there is an injury IE. Rose/Drysdale, Jones, bright, dacosta.

covcity4life

TBH I wish we took the cups seriously. We aren’t Chelsea.
Chelsea have a b good record in domestic cups

Better example be Liverpool or Newcastle who rotate alot and frustrate their fans

I agree tho. We should put out a strong team vs Northampton. 1 win our a us in the draw with the big boys

slowpoke

Even with a fairly full strength team Northampton is tough. They have recruited a few new faces and fancied to do well this season add to that our recent league cup record is woeful.

SlowerThanPlatt

We are a championship side now. Can gove it a good go. Surely even s 3rd roubd tie vs man Utd or Liverpool would be s money spinner foe the club too?

There is that…but there’s more small teams than big teams. If we draw say a Luton or Reading and get knocked out by them then it’s not been worthwhile.

And, if say O’Hare got injured against Northampton the pitchforks would be out on why we played him in a relatively meaningless game

shmmeee

There is that…but there’s more small teams than big teams. If we draw say a Luton or Reading and get knocked out by them then it’s not been worthwhile.

And, if say O’Hare got injured against Northampton the pitchforks would be out on why we played him in a relatively meaningless game

Im not sure we should be making decisions based on how Facebook reactionaries will respond.

It’s just as logical to say what if we lose yo Northampton and they get a money spinning tie in the next round.

We should try and win every competitive game. That’s the point of a football club.

covcity4life

I don't mind some fringe players. Surely Shipley can do a job vs Northampton for e.g

But Burroughs howley etc may be a stwp too far

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't mind some fringe players. Surely Shipley can do a job vs Northampton for e.g

Eh, Burroughs played a few Championship games and did alright, don’t see how League 2 opposition would be too far.

Howley is 17 but evidently rated

skybluegod

Tbf Burroughs played for us last season in the championship? I would say Northampton would be a good opportunity to showcase himself.

I see others have said the same - ignore!

skybluegod

For God's sakes you get the point. Too many youngsters and fringe players can turn the game in oppositions balance

To an extent maybe but even our second string should be able to beat Northampton?

Wilson
Drysdale-pask-hyam/rose/fadz
Da costa--------------------Reid
-----------shipley-Allen
-------------Jones/Bright
------Godden(if fit)-Walker

Hopefully we will have a couple of signings in at the back, but that team shouldn't struggle? And you still have the likes of Bapaga, Burroughs etc. To fill in.

Aware pask is unlikely to play if he is off.

covcity4life

To an extent maybe but even our second string should be able to beat Northampton?

Wilson
Drysdale-pask-hyam/rose/fadz
Da costa--------------------Reid
-----------shipley-Allen
-------------Jones/Bright
------Godden(if fit)-Walker

Hopefully we will have a couple of signings in at the back, but that team shouldn't struggle? And you still have the likes of Bapaga, Burroughs etc. To fill in.

Aware pask is unlikely to play if he is off.

Yeah I like 2nd 11s when they work. It's perfect scenario

But yes less changes can increase our odds of winning

Users who are viewing this thread