Nuckle Draggers (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

In the news today I read that another huge infrastructure project { Crossrail} is sanctioned for London at a cost of over a £1 Billion pounds but I'm sure I've read the other day that the Nuckle project at a cost of £19.2 million has been put back yet another year.

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/knuckle

Before someone shouts 'Off Topic' this obviously includes the rail stop and platform at the Ricoh.
Quite frankly it's no wonder there is a deep economic divide between London and the South East and the rest of the country !
HS2 will also pull yet more trade and skilled workers to the Capital !

fernandopartridge

In the news today I read that another huge infrastructure project { Crossrail} is sanctioned for London at a cost of over a £1 Billion pounds but I'm sure I've read the other day that the Nuckle project at a cost of £19.2 million has been put back yet another year.

Before someone shouts 'Off Topic' this obviously includes the rail stop and platform at the Ricoh.
Quite frankly it's no wonder there is a deep economic divide between London and the South East and the rest of the country !

Agree on all points. It's pathetic how what is a pretty minor project in reality has taken so many years to get approval.

shmmeee

And now put back once again to 2015 !

It's almost like there's something happening in 2015 they want to push it past.

This government is all about central power and weakening councils, especially Labour ones, and is run entirely by the City of London and big business, neither of which give two shits about anyone outside London.

Cut the fuckers off I say.

Astute

Why spend 19m on a minor project when you can waste billions on a big one in one go?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25997552

[h=1]Passengers angry with Nuneaton to Coventry rail scheme delays[/h]
_72692352_57345696.jpg

Coventry City Council say the Ricoh Arena station will open in May 2015

[h=2]Related Stories[/h]
Passengers have criticised delays in plans to build a better rail link between Coventry and Nuneaton.
The Coventry, Bedworth and Hinckley Rail Users Group said it was concerned proposals to build two new railway stations and increase train services may not happen.
The £18.8m so-called NUCKLE project was due to be completed in 2014.
Coventry City Council, which is helping to lead the scheme, said the stations would now open in May 2015.
'Already overcrowded' The scheme, which will see new railway stations at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry and the Bermuda business park in Nuneaton, as well as more frequent trains and increased capacity, has been planned for 10 years.
Mark Whitelegg, from the rail users group, said: "It will be 2017 at the earliest that the whole scheme is delivered.
"Phase one, which they say will be completed in 2015, will involve the building of the two stations but that will be it.
"It will still mean the existing single-coach train will trundle every hour between Nuneaton and Coventry until 2017, when the line is electrified."
Mr Whitelegg said the project leaders, which include Coventry and Warwickshire councils, as well as Centro, the West Midlands transport group, blamed the failure to increase capacity on a lack of rolling stock.
"The service is already overcrowded," he said. "After all this time, you would have thought they could find an extra coach for this line.
"I have my doubts as to whether this scheme is actually going to happen."
Marcus Jones, the Conservative MP for Nuneaton, said: "There is a lot of frustration about this project, which I share.
"While this project has been on the drawing board for more than 10 years, the funding wasn't available until 2012."
A Coventry City Council representative said: "The first phase is going ahead as planned with work starting on the stations later this year and opening planned for May 2015."
Centro has not commented.

Ashdown1

.... and put in Labour ? :thinking about:

Now there is a severe danger ! The Tories are not perfect and evidently favour their Southern friends and big business buddies, but the last Labour reign of shame surely reached depths we don't want repeated ?!

Moff

Now there is a severe danger ! The Tories are not perfect and evidently favour their Southern friends and big business buddies, but the last Labour reign of shame surely reached depths we don't want repeated ?!

They are all crap and I can hardly tell the difference between the parties now. I watch them on the news in Parliament trying to play one upmanship on each other, and they just come across as childish tossers, of whom many are just there to line their own pockets rather than represent the people.

(Just my opinion)

The Gentleman

They are all crap and I can hardly tell the difference between the parties now. I watch them on the news in Parliament trying to play one upmanship on each other, and they just come across as childish tossers, of whom many are just there to line their own pockets rather than represent the people.

(Just my opinion)

Reminds me of this forum sometimes :laugh:

Ashdown1

I have no political allegiance, I wish there was a new party altogether who did what was best for the country as a whole.

hill83

I have no political allegiance, I wish there was a new party altogether who did what was best for the country as a whole.

Post of the day. Having a political allegiance is ridiculous.
"I vote Labour/Tory"
"Why?"
"Because I always have"

hackneyfox

Whoooooooooooooooooosh

We're in the middle of spending £16 billion or so on Crossrail, the billion you're talking about is for thetrains to run on it.
There would be a point to your complaint had they built Crossrail and then not had any trains for it.

Northern monkies.

hackneyfox

Could you expand on these depths to which you allude?

mds

House of quality representatives rather than a government made up of half assed people in positions they reallly shouldnt be doing, cherry pick the best candidates for every job in government regardless of allegiance whats best for the country not the party!

Ashdown1

Well if you can't back it up perhaps you shouldn't post political rants.

Now about this 1 billion Crossrail contract ........:D

Oh I can but I have a life to live, political discussions with you can go on for hours !! I've got to get a bit of shut eye tonight, big day out on the ale tomorrow..................

Users who are viewing this thread