NTFC Official Statement re:ACL (3 Viewers)

Astute

Acl's actions have been a disgrace? Really?
Relative to what/who?

Think fisher/sisu take a lot of beating to be fair.

Some on here think you should only post against one side though and say that it is because they are being fair on both sides :D

Nick

Administrator
What on earth are you talking about? I have been talking about NTFC and havent mentioned Sisu at all... and the fact some people think what they did was defensible, it wasnt.

Because nobody has said they support it, just they understand why.....

theferret

The bottom line, regardless of how you feel about NTFC agreeing to the ground share (and I understand the ill-feeling about that), is that the legal action was a joke, and it clearly had no legal merit from the outset. What a colossal waste of time, and I fully understand the strongly worded statement from NT. ACL is a very badly managed organisation from what I can see. I think things went downhill after Gidney left.

Nick

Administrator
What makes me laugh is that the boot sale at the ricoh has moved from Leamington rugby club, nasty acl stealing business...:p

ohitsaidwalker king power

I agree with Paxman. ACL have a large part of the blame in this situation and have been extremely unprofessional.

An age old debate... and one that goes around and around.. and yet there is only one "side" been:
..........found guilty of an illegal act.
....................only one side that conditonally agrees to talk- if the Ricoh freehold is on offer and only on those terms.
.........................................................only one side that took the football club away from its city, holding it to ransom for Ricoh freehold.
.....................................................................................................only one side that IS responsible for relegation.
......................................................................................................................only one side primarily responsible for this mess..... SISU.
:blue:

italiahorse

What makes me laugh is that the boot sale at the ricoh has moved from Leamington rugby club, nasty acl stealing business...:p

............ and if they continue to "pinch" business then the 20 small businesses may outweigh the 1 big business and ACL will have moved on. At what point do ACL really believe SISU have "moved on" and start to plan without them?. Car park A and B have been full all week. Car park C has always been considered as development land.

Chipfat

The CB has been at the Ricoh before, also this time of the year most organizers of them would pick indoor facilities....I'm not sure ACL stole anything nor did NTFC... I don't agree with going to NTFC and don't agree with them crying about the situation as they must of seen the hurt and anger it was and still is causing and decided it was worth the rent they are picking up against any moral high standing they are now taking in the statement.... They can't jump in a shit barrel and expect none of it to stick or stink....

theferret

They can't jump in a shit barrel and expect none of it to stick or stink....

Indeed, but that doesn't escape the fact that the legal action was a massive error of judgement. It made no sense and the whole thing reeked of incompetence.

RPHunt

Indeed, but that doesn't escape the fact that the legal action was a massive error of judgement. It made no sense and the whole thing reeked of incompetence.

There was no action, ACL initiated proceedings.

I know someone that works for a firm of City lawyers who earn several million pounds a year for initiating such proceedings on behalf of property companies. None of these proceedings are intended to end up in court, they are an attempt to open negotiations and the billion pound companies behind them hardly "reek of incompetence".

Grendel

............ and if they continue to "pinch" business then the 20 small businesses may outweigh the 1 big business and ACL will have moved on. At what point do ACL really believe SISU have "moved on" and start to plan without them?. Car park A and B have been full all week. Car park C has always been considered as development land.

If they are so good why did the leader of the council admit they would have struggled to survive if the council had not become their banker by buying the mortgage?

skybluetony176

NTFC owner was complicit in taking our club away from its home and ACL are bullies.

there is only 1 way to sort this out, FIGHT!

RPHunt

If they are so good why did the leader of the council admit they would have struggled to survive if the council had not become their banker by buying the mortgage?

Because their largest tenant had gone on rent strike, perhaps?

Chipfat

If you take bits of any post you can turn them into what you want,, overall every party involved will not walk away from this without any damage.. But the post was about NTFC and ACL not all parties concerned....

Grendel

The talks about the club distressing the mortgage began before the rent strike didn't they?

Don't confuse hunt by mentioning inconvenient facts such as this.

Astute

Don't confuse hunt by mentioning inconvenient facts such as this.

Nothing like a fact that isn't a fact is there Grendull. The sort of fact you like to come out with in your quest to make SISU look competent and not as guilty as the vast majority know they are.

IIRC ACL made a small profit each year until the rent non payment with the idea of distressing them. Then when the remortgage was done the JR where Joy was proven to be lying a lower rate was able to be offered as the pie money was so important.

Last edited:

Mr Creosote

But Astute you are very wrong, without CCFC, ACL are no longer making a profit... CCC are now bailing them out with council tax payers cash.

Grendel

Nothing like a fact that isn't a fact is there Grendull. The sort of fact you like to come out with in your quest to make SISU look competent and not as guilty as the vast majority know they are.

IIRC ACL made a small profit each year until the rent non payment with the idea of distressing them. Then when the remortgage was done the JR where Joy was proven to be lying a lower rate was able to be offered as the pie money was so important.

They made a profit due to our bloated rent and restricted revenue agreement you clown.

J

Jack Griffin

But Astute you are very wrong, without CCFC, ACL are no longer making a profit... CCC are now bailing them out with council tax payers cash.

That is nonsense, if CCC were giving ACL money they'd be obliged to make it public knowledge, why don't you submit a freedom of information request to find out the details?

In reality the general public will only know whether ACL make a profit or loss without the football club when they publish accounts covering this season.. they are supposed to file at the end of Feb for the period up to end of May the previous year, so very little will be known until 28th Feb 2015.

Astute

They made a profit due to our bloated rent and restricted revenue agreement you clown.

And now the mortgage has been refinanced they are able to offer a much better rent. And you know what I am saying is true so now I am a clown :D

Nick

Administrator
And now the mortgage has been refinanced they are able to offer a much better rent. And you know what I am saying is true so now I am a clown :D

Or it could be desperation when they threatened to move out? It could go either way.

Astute

So the accounts were wrong? You know, them things that SISU never seem to do.

jaytskyblue

Understanding why they did it and supporting it is totally different.... it is called being able to see things from every angle rather than sisu out nopm kcic all the time and blaming them for everything.

Nick you do realise that the most vocal minority on here (you, Grendel, Torch, Robo) post nothing but anti-ACL, anti-protest and Sisu apologism continually, 1000's of posts day in day out. No doubt you see that as 'balance'.
The fact is you and those individuals are more obsessive and biased than most on here.

Nick

Administrator
Nick you do realise that the most vocal minority on here (you, Grendel, Torch, Robo) post nothing but anti-ACL, anti-protest and Sisu apologism continually, 1000's of posts day in day out. No doubt you see that as 'balance'.
The fact is you and those individuals are more obsessive and biased than most on here.

I don't post anything sisu.apologist, I don't see why people care more about acl than bringing our club back?

I can't remember ever posting anything pro sisu?

What the hell is an apologist anyway?

I also only use one account to post ;)

jaytskyblue

I don't post anything sisu.apologist, I don't see why people care more about acl than bringing our club back?

You claim (many) others have a blind anti-Sisu obsession (which is hardly surprising given they own us and have 'led' us to this) yet you never seem to acknowledge those (few) with 10,000+ posts like you, Grendel, Torch and Robo who obsessively post anti-ACL and anti-protest views. You somehow present them as 'balanced'.. when infact you obsess and post more than anyone else!

...and most people are more interested in Sisu because they own the club and are responsible for health and future (or should be).

RPHunt

You are very quick to castigate people for being one sided if that side is anti-SISU. Can you point to one post that does the same when that side was anti-ACL or anti-Council?

Nick

Administrator
You are very quick to castigate people for being one sided if that side is anti-SISU. Can you point to one post that does the same when that side was anti-ACL or anti-Council?

I think that council tax protest is silly if that helps. I'm not saying everybody is one sided but when people say they care more about acl than bringing our club home it makes you think... a lot of the posts against the council never really seem AS ott as the anti sisu ones where they get blamed for random things. I have never that I remember agreed with much sisu have done as a lot of it doesn't even need to be said but when people think they are the only factor it gets frustrating as people care more about acl or the council than bringing the club home....

For example the player ratings thread earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread