Nowhere near good enough (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Can anyone honestly say mve offers anymore than dabo?

Or do we just not have the midfield to unlock his speed?

Just seemed to spend the game turning back inside and passingto saka or a CV and not taking on his man

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
We just lack imagination when it comes to MVE, we don't try and get him in behind just pass the ball when he's on the touchline and hope he beats his man. Predicable.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Otis

It's easy to get carried away and I get it, we ended up well beaten, but we lost to two goals, one of which was a terrible goalkeeping error and the other, clear offside. Terrible officiating.

Added to that, we should have had a penalty and Wright had a glorious chance to equalise.

Fact is, it could so easily have turned out differently.

There is a problem though clearly, because defeats sap confidence.

Had Wright snapped up that chance, I am really sure we would have got at least a point.

At the end we were ragged and feeling sorry for ourselves.

Bottom line for me is though, we have to take the chances when we get them. Wright had two very good ones, one of which he had to score.

Seems to me that every time we miss chances when we are on top, we get demoralised and start feeling sorry for ourselves.

I get some of the doom and gloom, but tonight could easily have turned out differently . Same with the last two games too.

I don't think we will be in any trouble. I only think that will be the case if we just keep missing good chances, but I really can't see that continuing. I honest think they will start going in.

I do prefer Simms to Wright though. Wright just seems to be all out of sorts in and around the 6 yard box

Saddlebrains

It's easy to get carried away and I get it, we ended up well beaten, but we lost to two goals, one of which was a terrible goalkeeping error and the other, clear offside. Terrible officiating.

Added to that, we should have had a penalty and Wright had a glorious chance to equalise.

Had Wright snapped up that chance, I am really sure we would have got at least a point.

Bottom line for me is though, we have to take the chances when we get them. Wright had two very good ones, one of which he had to score.

Seems to me that every time we miss chances when we are on top, we get demoralised and start feeling sorry for ourselves.

I get some of the doom and gloom, but tonight could easily have turned out differently . Same with the last two games too.

I don't think we will be in any trouble. I only think that will be the case if we just keep missing good chances, but I really can't see that continuing. I honest think they will start going in.

I do prefer Simms to Wright though. Wright just seems to be all out of sorts in and around the 6 yard box

We'll gel soon though hey

Otis

We'll gel soon though hey
Nope, it's not about gelling.

There are a few things that are wrong. I get they are not small problems.

Two things for me. Crossing is pretty poor overall and we are missing chances.

I don't know why Eccles keeps taking the corner kicks. It's clearly not working and the strikers keep missing very, very good chances.

Some players do take time to adjust, but I did think there was some cohesion in our play tonight at times. Especially when we were on top.

We lost to a bad keeper mistake and a clear offside. That's a fact. And we clearly should have scored. We had enough chances. And we should have had a pen

I honestly think that game could have easily tuned out differently.

I am not pretending we weren't well beaten in the end though. We lost heart and seemed disjointed after the subs.

Nick

Administrator

How long can excuses be made? We generally have no idea how to get at teams.

Otis

How long can excuses be made? We generally have no idea how to get at teams.
Where's the excuse?

No excuses. We ended up well beaten and West Brom deserved to win. Don't think anyone would argue with that

Just saying it's small margins sometimes.

Wright had to score that. That chance was a glorious chance.

Their second was offside. It was.

No excuses, but if we had taken our chances, we would probably be looking at a completely different result.

I am not too downhearted at all

O'Hare is back now and I think the wins will come.

Paul Anthony

We're so predictable it's not even funny. Anybody who's paying attention would know at the minute all they've got to do is grab a goal before we do, and then that's it, job done. Yes, OK, we can say it's fine margins and on another day it might have gone differently and so on. But at the minute, those margins aren't going the right way for us too often and someone needs to find answers, because at the minute nobody looks like they have any.

Nick

Administrator
Where's the excuse?

No excuses. We ended up well beaten and West Brom deserved to win. Don't think anyone would argue with that

Just saying it's small margins sometimes.

Wright had to score that. That chance was a glorious chance.

Their second was offside. It was.

No excuses, but if we had taken our chances, we would probably be looking at a completely different result.

I am not too downhearted at all

O'Hare is back now and I think the wins will come.
Let's face it, nothing changed when ohare came on .

Otis

Okay, can someone please explain the thinking here for those who want Robins out. There seems to be a growing band of posters.

General consensus seems to be that the signings are not good enough (shit, dogshit, L1 standard at best, they're all duds, complete waste of money etc..etc)

Okay, so if that's the true and the signings are all poor, if we sack Robins , aren't we just bringing in another manager to work with these players that aren't good enough?

If they're not good enough, they're not good enough.

And no-one can say the players aren't trying, or Robins has lost the dressing room. There's no sign of that.

Conclusion from so many is that the signings have been poor and the players we have brought in aren't good enough.

So again, if that's the case and the players are not up to scratch, what's the point of replacing Robins.

I get it if it was was now the middle of December and the transfer window to about to open and we were still losing every week.

I don't want him to go anywhere, but if we were thinking of replacing him, surely it would have to be come the end of December.

Then the new manager can bring in some good players to replace all these shit ones we have now

Sick Boy

I don’t think he should be sacked at this point but some of the fees paid look ridiculous; the Kitching signing/fee, especially.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's been quite a few hinting at it, BSB

Can't be arsed to pick them out
Haven’t seen them. But the only opinion relevant to this is King’s and managers in this league have already been sacked for less than a 4 game losing streak. His credit in the bank is keeping him in the job at the moment.

Peter Billing Eyes

I don’t think he should be sacked at this point but some of the fees paid look ridiculous; the Kitching signing/fee, especially.
The red flags were there. His alarming dip in form before leaving Barnsley, hinting at a player who was Inconsistent even at League One level.

bazza16

Okay, can someone please explain the thinking here for those who want Robins out. There seems to be a growing band of posters.

General consensus seems to be that the signings are not good enough (shit, dogshit, L1 standard at best, they're all duds, complete waste of money etc..etc)

Okay, so if that's the true and the signings are all poor, if we sack Robins , aren't we just bringing in another manager to work with these players that aren't good enough?

If they're not good enough, they're not good enough.

And no-one can say the players aren't trying, or Robins has lost the dressing room. There's no sign of that.

Conclusion from so many is that the signings have been poor and the players we have brought in aren't good enough.

So again, if that's the case and the players are not up to scratch, what's the point of replacing Robins.

I get it if it was was now the middle of December and the transfer window to about to open and we were still losing every week.

I don't want him to go anywhere, but if we were thinking of replacing him, surely it would have to be come the end of December.

Then the new manager can bring in some good players to replace all these shit ones we have now
I mentioned it in the match thread.
I don't want him gone, it was more of a frustration comment and to get a reaction.
I think Robins is struggling during the games, not having Viveash in the technical area with him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I mentioned it in the match thread.
I don't want him gone, it was more of a frustration comment and to get a reaction.
I think Robins is struggling during the games, not having Viveash in the technical area with him.
He can walk back to the bench and talk to him...

Otis

Robins should carry the can today for the selection. There isn't any other person whose watched us this season would have picked that side.
He does play his cards close to his chest though at times, so I wouldn't be surprised if the changes were because some were carrying knocks or through illness etc.

I am guessing that on Eccles, he may well have felt he needed resting, hence being on the bench. All guesswork of course, but he's been such a great manager for us, has Robins, so I find it hard to believe he dropped a number of players following Monday's defeat.

Quite often players who were thought were still inured, suddenly appear in line ups, so he does keep a lot of stuff to himself.

junglej13

He does play his cards close to his chest though at times, so I wouldn't be surprised if the changes were because some were carrying knocks or through illness etc.

I am guessing that on Eccles, he may well have felt he needed resting, hence being on the bench. All guesswork of course, but he's been such a great manager for us, has Robins, so I find it hard to believe he dropped a number of players following Monday's defeat.

Quite often players who were thought were still inured, suddenly appear in line ups, so he does keep a lot of stuff to himself.
Possibly. Wouldn't want to see Ayari start again.

Adge

Can’t say I’ve seen any evidence of people wanting Robins sacked apart from the odd twat who texts into the radio. If I’ve been walking around with my eyes closed for the last couple of weeks etc, who realistically would come in and do a better job? Rowett,Eustace or some other one who has fell off the merry go round?
Na, not for me.

Otis

Buy Lg 1 players,Thomas and Kitching, you end up in Lg1
Buy Conference players and you end up winning the Premier League?

Screenshot_2023-11-04-20-04-57-60_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I don't get that argument I'm afraid. So many players come through the ranks and start at lower level clubs and work their way up to a higher level.

Just because they were bought from League One, doesn't automatically mean that the players are only League One standard

Johhny Blue

Don’t understand how some on here are still convinced we’ll magically “come good” despite having very little means to. Pure naïveté. Things need to change and fast.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
I’m somewhere in between. Usually when we have a bad spell we’re creating chances and there’s always a feeling of “someone’s going to get a thrashing soon” I haven’t felt that lately. The players have all looked lost and out of their depth for a few weeks now and it’s hard to pinpoint what’s needed to turn it around. I do think however other than the goal we gifted them we looked good in the second half. Simms and Wright both had positive performances in the same game. It’s hard to look at a loss and think we’ve turned the corner but maybe, just maybe we have.

stupot07

Buy Conference players and you end up winning the Premier League?

View attachment 32304

I don't get that argument I'm afraid. So many players come through the ranks and start at lower level clubs and work their way up to a higher level.

Just because they were bought from League One, doesn't automatically mean that the players are only League One standard
He's like a 1 in 1 million signing.

Otis

He's like a 1 in 1 million signing.

I know. Was just making the point that you can't just say that because someone is a League One player when you bought them, that they are only League One standard.

It just doesn't work like that.

Some are and may always will be, but some aren't and are definitely capable of playing at a higher level and will indeed play at a higher level

Users who are viewing this thread