now we have a realistic chance of staying up (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

For the first time this season I think it could happen after today's result. Let's not all give up just yet! Beers on me for our first away win at Lester next week

Pusb

AFCCOVENTRY

If anything i can see this going down to the wires for 4/5 clubs.

Interesting is that PETERBOROUGH seem in complete freefall.

I reckon they will be in the mix soon.

ccfcway

is this the same peterborough who drew away from home today ?

I'd love us to be in "freefall" then

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought it was 10 characters rather than 10 words?

Anyway, we have a chance..whether it's realistic or not I dunno. It's against the odds alright, but then so was beating Champions Everton 4-1 that year...

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah, one of last nights oxymoron's..excitingly dull.

dojer

Bristol City got thumped at home, hopefully that means that their confidence is dented and they make it at least a 4 team play-off for relegation. We definitely need to start picking up points away from home and hope that teams above start bottling it. I'm going to stop trying to make judgements of the team's relegation chances after matches but I don't think it will be over before the final game of the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bristol City got thumped at home, hopefully that means that their confidence is dented and they make it at least a 4 team play-off for relegation. We definitely need to start picking up points away from home and hope that teams above start bottling it. I'm going to stop trying to make judgements of the team's relegation chances after matches but I don't think it will be over before the final game of the season.

It already is a 4 team battle ;) We will not make it on home form alone and we have a tough away run in.

Otis

Bristol away could be a crucial game for us. In fact, for both sides!

Otis

We are now on 28. I think we will need 44, possibly 45.

That means 16 or 17 more points. We something on our travels, cos we simply can't expect to win every home game.

coundonskyblue

The Portsmouth thing has now become irrelevant as we would still be only 3 points from safety if they hadnt gone bust.

I think its out of the bottom 5 now.

Macca

I thought it was 10 characters rather than 10 words?

Anyway, we have a chance..whether it's realistic or not I dunno. It's against the odds alright, but then so was beating Champions Everton 4-1 that year...

What a day that was, though to be fair most the everton team were still pissed from the night before

Nonleagueherewecome

What a day that was, though to be fair most the everton team were still pissed from the night before

One of the happiest days of my life. I was still pretty young, and that was the relegation battle that really got me hooked. It really did seem like we pulled off something extraordinary to get out of it every single season of my youth! I'm almost feeling nostalgic at the moment..at least if we go down, we're showing more fight than we did in the Premiership relegation campaign.

Otis

49 points will keep us up

It will for sure, but there is no way we are going to get 49 points. We are on 28 now. 49 would mean 6 wins and 3 draws from 13 games. That would have to be top of the table leader form.

We need it to be around 42-43 to have any chance. I reckon we still need 5 wins and that is a vey tough ask. 5 wins, or 4 wins and 4 draws.

Users who are viewing this thread