Now the Carlisle dust has settled (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

I was as frustrated as everybody yesterday and yes we should be beating teams like Carlisle

That was about the worst performance under Robins but yet we created enough chances to win 2 football matches. On another day we could have come away from that game 3 or 4-1 winners and all of a sudden it wouldn't have felt so bad. And I say again, in my opinion the worst performance under Robins! If that's the worst, we are not to far off where we need to be. Moussa hit the post, fleck missed a sitter, Clarke could have had 3 and there was more!

It was just one of those days for us. Forget it and let's get two home wins this week. We are still in a strong position to make the playoffs

mark82

You're right. Only 6 points off still. That's nothing and still nearly half the season left.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Thats what amazes me about this league. We were poor yesterday, but still could have won that 3/4-1. That's why I still hold high hopes for this season!

hill83

We'll be fine I think. Once Leon Clarke gets one and we adapt to his style he'll start scoring a few (I hope)

Ashdown1

We adapt to his style................to be a success, he will have to adapt to our style, otherwise we will have to play a 4-4-2 system and lose our strength in midfield.

hill83

We adapt to his style................to be a success, he will have to adapt to our style, otherwise we will have to play a 4-4-2 system and lose our strength in midfield.

'Either or' really, so yeah, you are right.

Mucca Mad Boys

If we don't sign a striker and Clarke struggles, I think he'll just play Elliott. Sigh.

covcity4life

its a bit early to be judging leon clarke thats all im saying

3 starts(1 vs prem team) 1 sub....1 goal...numerous chances....previous goal record suggests he knows where back of net is

im just saying dont panic about ST position i guess

psgm1

Banned
Robins' first game in charge was the abyssmal game against Carlisle at home.

His most recent game was an abyssmal game against carlisle away!

Between these 2 games, we had DMc on the books and had one of the most constructive runs for a long long time.

All these things are NOT a coincidence!

The good run was almost entirely to do with the performance of DMc. Yesterdays atrocious efforts prove beyond doubt absolutely no progress has occured amongst the team, therefore any attainments have been DESPITE Robins, not Because of him!

Even in the cup, they got through by pure luck - Their goalkeeper injured so couldn't get down quickly enough, and then the unbelievable bad call from the ref to allow the clearest of offside goals to stand!

You simply CANNOT win promotion by relying on lucky decisions, and quite obviously Robins hasn't improved the team at all!

All you have to do is look at how cov have played since DMc has left to see I'm right!

1nilandwe...

Between these 2 games, we had DMc on the books and had one of the most constructive runs for a long long time.

The good run was almost entirely to do with the performance of DMc. Yesterdays atrocious efforts prove beyond doubt absolutely no progress has occured amongst the team, therefore any attainments have been DESPITE Robins, not Because of him!

Even in the cup, they got through by pure luck - Their goalkeeper injured so couldn't get down quickly enough, and then the unbelievable bad call from the ref to allow the clearest of offside goals to stand!

You simply CANNOT win promotion by relying on lucky decisions, and quite obviously Robins hasn't improved the team at all!

All you have to do is look at how cov have played since DMc has left to see I'm right!

Trolling is really not very becoming at all.
Please reconsider your life choices.

stnomskyblue

I was as frustrated as everybody yesterday and yes we should be beating teams like Carlisle

That was about the worst performance under Robins but yet we created enough chances to win 2 football matches. On another day we could have come away from that game 3 or 4-1 winners and all of a sudden it wouldn't have felt so bad. And I say again, in my opinion the worst performance under Robins! If that's the worst, we are not to far off where we need to be. Moussa hit the post, fleck missed a sitter, Clarke could have had 3 and there was more!

It was just one of those days for us. Forget it and let's get two home wins this week. We are still in a strong position to make the playoffs

My concern is that we said exactly the same after the shrews game on the 1st. A game in which McG played, before the troll thinks I in anyway agree with his/her drivel.

An almost identical comment on the telegraph under the name SkyBluePM.

Hmmm....

Big decision for Robins Wednesday. Our best chance of getting the goals we will need is to play Elliott instead of Leon, but that would be a massive blow to Clarke's confidence.

We are making more chances than most teams in this league and do have goals from midfield, but to get in the top 6 we have to have a striker who is taking at least 1 in 3 chances and probably 2 in 3 sitters.

Paxman II

DH: I can understand how you draw such a conclusion but it's not at all realistic. Just a bunch of coincidental facts.

Under Robins the side has improved no end and the chances that have been made for McGoldrick were down to that one factor.
We have also continued to make plenty of chances and won games well without McGoldrick contributing.

We don't have a right to win games each time we play and or have the right to win or lose with a little help from the officials.
Preston was won because the team (that Robins has improved) are fitter and never give up.

It was a bad day at the office twice for us regards Shrewsbury and Carlisle and I like to think it's teams that for one reason or another we can't seem to adapt to playing. Preston almost continued that label the other night. Sheffield Utd are a club you would not expect to lose at home but they lost handsomely last week to a very poor side. It's about bouncing back from disappointment that will ultimately decide how good we are at this level with this squad.
Leon Clarke has to bed in and get up to speed with match fitness. Signs are he will score goals at this level in our team. The players by all accounts take some of the blame for the Carlisle performance which Robins clearly appreciated.

Tranmere looks like a tough game but so was MK Dons and others we won well? Don't think we could have done that without Robins influence on the teams performance.

Last edited:
Tis is a quote from a Tranmere supporting mate - "God knows how we are still top we are having to put youth players on the bench and get loan players in. Paper thin squad and two key players with long injuries, top goalscorer has been recalled by Wolves." Sounds promising for 3 Sky Blue points Wednesday.

ccfcway

agreed, we got through by pure luck.

Despite both of Prestons goals being Own Goals, all 3 of our goals were lucky :whistle:

Warwickhunt

And the last game that DMC played in! How many goals do you think DMC will score for Ipswich then this season? I will tell you! 4

DMC scored so wel here because he got chances! Mad mick will not set his team up to give him as many chances,

although we played rubbish against Carlisle we created 5 excellent chances and 7 1/2 chances, once Leon Clarke has found his feet he will score.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Trolololololol

MichaelCCFC

Yesterday was very poor - passing was particularly hit and miss. But we have to remember the state we were in before Mark Robins arrived and things certainly look a lot healthier now. Seeing how many points we're likely to need to get in the play offs it would be an incredible achievement to do it. It's not impossible but not sure how likely it is. But given that people were coming out of the game at Brentford saying we were going to be relegated, Robins has transformed things and even if we miss out on the play offs he will still have got us moving in a much more positive direction.

i never went yesterday, listened to the radio. did cwr see the same game as fans. we sounded like we done everything but score. is that right and fans are just frustrated or did we play bad

Astute

The only people that are right were the ones predicting you would be on here with another one of your idiotic posts

Users who are viewing this thread