Now that we can (1 Viewer)

skybluekelly98

Now we have the players available, IMO we should absolutely go back to the team that beat Wigan back in August (minus reda and willis).
As good as Murphy is and as many chances he can create, it was only when he and kent came into the side our form became dodgy. Not having a go, but those two are much better impact players to bring on than starting lineup.
For crewe we should go back to:
RCC
Philips. Martin. Ricketts. Stokes.
Fleck. Vincelot.
Arma. Lameiras. Madison. JOB.

Anyone agree?

The Lurker

Now we have the players available, IMO we should absolutely go back to the team that beat Wigan back in August (minus reda and willis).
As good as Murphy is and as many chances he can create, it was only when he and kent came into the side our form became dodgy. Not having a go, but those two are much better impact players to bring on than starting lineup.
For crewe we should go back to:
RCC
Philips. Martin. Ricketts. Stokes.
Fleck. Vincelot.
Arma. Lameiras. Madison. JOB.

Anyone agree?

I concur

D

Deleted member 2477

Agree except id start murphy instead of lameiras as swap them a round. I also think tm should forget about fortune and realise he slows the team down and has a negative effect on our performance

johnwillomagic

Hmm Yes I think so......only query for me is does Murphy get in ahead of Lameiras he does offer more
in terms of goals and assists.....so on reflection no Murphy in for Lameiras but apart from that agree...
Tudguy to come on first sub! :D

The Lurker

Murphy plays his best football down the middle. He won't get in front of Maddison. Great player to have with 25 mins left on the clock to make an impact bit like today against tiring legs

Hobo

I know I highlight Murphy's weaknesses but I would put him ahead of Lamieras. Murphy just needs to learn to get into games for longer periods, because when he is in the game we are at our most dangerous.

stupot07

I did have a little chuckle....we should go back to the team that beat Wigan...but Phillips instead of Willis, Martin instead of Reda and RCC instead of Burge.

So not the same team as played Wigan :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

I would like to see Lamieras and Maddison start a game together again, don't think there has been a better performance than the 4-0 away to Millwall.

Otis

Not convinced on Lameiras. Rather inconsistent. I think he is a key member of our squad, but not necessarily a first team 11 starter each week.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

skybluekelly98

I did have a little chuckle....we should go back to the team that beat Wigan...but Phillips instead of Willis, Martin instead of Reda and RCC instead of Burge.

So not the same team as played Wigan :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Urrmmmmm... Yes.
You know what I mean. Our attacking selection. We don't have the same options in defence.

Hobo

Not convinced on Lameiras. Rather inconsistent. I think he is a key member of our squad, but not necessarily a first team 11 starter each week.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Good signing and one to develope. People seem to forget this, In league 1 you have to develope players, you don't get to buy or acquire the finished article.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ignore the part Murphy played in our best performance of the season cos it suits
Gillingham was the best result of the season, best performance of the season I'm not so sure.

As a whole 90 minutes the Wigan and Milwall matches were about as close to perfect you can get at this level.

Gazolba

You forget that our opponents now have half a season of tapes of us to watch. They have figured out how to nullify our strengths and exploit our weaknesses. Don't expect to recreate our early successes just by reverting back to the same team.

callumeast

We have developed as a side... Just because one team put in two good performances in August means they'll win every game in January and February...??

Skyblueweeman

You forget that our opponents now have half a season of tapes of us to watch. They have figured out how to nullify our strengths and exploit our weaknesses. Don't expect to recreate our early successes just by reverting back to the same team.

Agreed but by the same token, we've had half a season worth of tapes of our rivals to watch. Up to TM to set our team up accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread