Now Sisu have the fans hooked (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

With all these signings , and the feel good factor - who's going to be SACRIFICED ? I'm guessing Madders will go shortly .

Bugsy

Really.... Why would we sell Madison for, he aswell with the rest of the team are buzzin that they can finally win something.
Madison a cov lad, he would love to win promotion wiv us even if they do decide to cash in he will still come bak to us on loan.... hunt and ramage hav both said that the morale is high and it's great to be here....PUSB

Last edited:

mechaishida

If Madders does leave, TM is astute so he'll have them loan him back to us.

I really don't care for the negativity, I deal with facts and logical predictions.

AFCCOVENTRY

Venus is in total control of the budget.

And if the club was offered £10m and loaned back to us we would take the championship by storm and get promoted to the premiership.

No club is immune from a big money transfer.

vow

The Team and Mowbray have me hooked, not SISU.

malkitccfc

can't see him going in Jan. Spending money to get out of this division, selling our best player would massively decrease our chances of going up

Skyblueweeman

FFS, I hate posts like these. What a ridiculous thing to say...why does someone need to be 'sacrificed'?? Do you picture JS sitting in a big black chair, stroking a greying pussy (not the best choice of words, granted), saying "ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhhhh....there's more of them back now, we've brought in more depth on freebies...now let's make millions. Mugs...."??

If we sell Maddison, it'll be because he's a fucking brilliant player and PL clubs who can afford to pay millions for a player will want to do so.

We're a L1 club. We're in the same position as the other 91 league clubs...if an offer comes in that's too good to refuse for the club and the player, who'll probably quadruple their wages, it's going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vow

FFS, I hate posts like these. What a ridiculous thing to say...why does someone need to be 'sacrificed'?? Do you picture JS sitting in a big black chair, stroking a greying pussy (not the best choice of words, granted), saying "ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhhhh....there's more of them back now, we've brought in more depth on freebies...now let's make millions. Mugs...."??

If we sell Maddison, it'll be because he's a fucking brilliant player and PL clubs who can afford to pay millions for a player will want to do so.

We're a L1 club. We're in the same position as the other 91 league clubs...if an offer comes in that's too good to refuse for the club and the player, who'll probably quadruple their wages, it's going to happen.

Completely disagree.........great choice of words! :claping hands:

bawtryneal

Good post. 100% agree. Let's all just enjoy these good times and appreciate what is happening at the club. Yes well done to TM, MV and JC but also well done SISU. Running a football club is no different to running a business which is what I do. You need everything right from top to bottom and despite 4 or 5 years of getting it completely wrong SISU are getting it right throughout the club. Well done all at CCFC.

bawtryneal

Good post Skyblueweeman. 100% agree. Let's all just enjoy these good times and appreciate what is happening at the club. Yes well done to TM, MV and JC but also well done SISU. Running a football club is no different to running a business which is what I do. You need everything right from top to bottom and despite 4 or 5 years of getting it completely wrong SISU are getting it right throughout the club. Well done all at CCFC

J

Jack Griffin

I think the issue is that SISU/ARVO have been forced to put the running of the club in the hands of people who are in it for Football reasons because everything else they've tried to make money, or at least cover their losses has so far failed.

On the Football side they first tried getting to the Premiership with Ranson. They swiftly ditched that idea and then got a bit lost with that idiot Delieu in charge.

Next they brought in Fisher/Waggot who tried to run the club in the way Dario Gradi ran Crewe successfully for so many years, by bringing youngsters from the Academy through quickly, Robins did not buy into that hare brained scheme and Pressely came in to run that scheme but he very nearly had a relegation season. The owners were taught a hard lesson of what can happen with an inexperienced manger and an inexperienced side.

Finally they got Mobray/Venus who have a real track record of getting promotion to the Premiership. I think that they are trying the Ranson scheme again, (but with far less finance). To get into that position there has been a few years of retrenchment including a demotion which has enabled the management to get rid of some expensive contracts for players who underperformed for their cost.

Overlaid with all this is the constant battle with the Council & others over the Arena and a so far spectacularly unsuccessful attempt to find land and a partner to build a new stadium without having to commit much (or any) additional investment from the owners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brylowes

Good post Skyblueweeman. 100% agree. Let's all just enjoy these good times and appreciate what is happening at the club. Yes well done to TM, MV and JC but also well done SISU. Running a football club is no different to running a business which is what I do. You need everything right from top to bottom and despite 4 or 5 years of getting it completely wrong SISU are getting it right throughout the club. Well done all at CCFC

Cant agree.Without TM.MV & JC I think we would be no better than last season and playing in front of 5000 -7000.
their appointment is the single thing they have got right.IMHO

Haigha

I wonder if rather than, using money from a potential sale of Maddison, TM and MV have an increased budget to spend because:

1. gates have been above those that the preseason budget figures had been worked out on and

2. the prospect of a high league finish means prize money above that factored into the preseason budget is now a real prospect.

Of course, the preseason budget may not have factored in such an early exit from the FA Cup.

Otis

Just wondering, do you think there will ever come a day when we'll do the 'SISU out' chant without the 'out' on the end?

vow

We want SISU in, say we want SISU in!

st john

I wonder if rather than, using money from a potential sale of Maddison, TM and MV have an increased budget to spend because:

1. gates have been above those that the preseason budget figures had been worked out on and

2. the prospect of a high league finish means prize money above that factored into the preseason budget is now a real prospect.

Of course, the preseason budget may not have factored in such an early exit from the FA Cup.

Yes, if we don't achieve auto promotion surely a top 6 place is a high possibility, then I assume money will be generated from television appearances, plus the possibility of Wembley.

J

Jack Griffin

Just wondering, do you think there will ever come a day when we'll do the 'SISU out' chant without the 'out' on the end?

Can it ever happen?
ihates11.jpg

clint van damme

Maddison probably will be sold.

There's not a club in this league who wouldn't sell a player to a top premier league club for the right money, and more than likely not many players who wouldn't want to go.

It's not a sacrifice, it's the way of the world. Main thing would be to secure a loan back.

mechaishida

"You are my SIIIIIISU, my only SIIIIIIIISU, you make me happyyyyyy, when skies are grey..."

Can't see it catching on, myself.

GaryJones

Nooooooo

Users who are viewing this thread