now it’s becoming a reality moving from the ricoh - Letter from EFL to CCFC (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
David Johnson to gone the view of the Jimmy Hill Way (ie David Johnson) on Cwr

Awesome
Its a massive coincidence the pr is ramped up.

How much would a company cost wasps and the council?

I expect Hoffman to be mainstream within 2 weeks.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can’t see the letter that clearly but why has it been sent to Richard Overson isn’t he a member of the consortium?

Orca

But Seppala wanted only hard cash, not maybe sometime add ons. The deal was dressed up as £20m it was nothing of the sort and was rejected immediately

Fairly standard for them. Of course, this is entirely at odds with what happened when the club (in administration) tried to buy the AHT shares at the 11th hour. The total offer was higher and was in some part conditional. I've that in a couple of places that the conditions were that the payments were staggered and anecdotally, I've heard that it also required certain documentation to be made available to SISU that would have been commercially confidential. I suspect this latter point would have been SISU trying to get some sort of "smoking gun" proving they'd been screwed over.

Notwithstanding all that, Fisher was quoted at the time as saying the offer was "guaranteed above market price", which seems a little contradictory given the reason for the current court case.

mark82

"We already know what the club means to the people of the city, but we don't really give a shit about them. "

A contemptuous attitude for a council to take.

You'd think if they had nothing to worry about they'd just let the court case run its course and take damages. Never say right with me that they are trying to make Sisu drop the action at all costs, even if it means losing the football team.

shmmeee

So who thinks what will happen by the end of the deadline place your bets!

Like Brexit, someone will blink and we’ll end up at the Ricoh until that deal runs out in a couple of years. (I don’t mean that Brexit will end with us all in the Ricoh, analogy doesn’t stretch that far)

shmmeee

You'd think if they had nothing to worry about they'd just let the court case run its course and take damages. Never say right with me that they are trying to make Sisu drop the action at all costs, even if it means losing the football team.

Which services should they cut to fund the ongoing legal costs?

Would you say CCFC is more or less important to the citizens of Coventry than say social care?

It’s easy to get all high and mighty about how important we are. But the cold hard truth is, outside of the fan base we aren’t.

And last time the council stepped in to bail out the club it ended in tears.

It’s nice to rant at them, because it’s the council innit and they’re to blame for everything from too many students to potholes to the colour that private organisations paint their buildings. But in reality the responsible thing for them to do as a local authority is to minimise costs, not spend hundreds of thousands bailing out football clubs (or festivals for that matter)

Nick

Administrator

Would you say CCFC is more or less important to the citizens of Coventry than say social care?

It’s easy to get all high and mighty about how important we are. But the cold hard truth is, outside of the fan base we aren’t.

It’s nice to rant at them, because it’s the council innit and they’re to blame for everything from too many students to potholes to the colour that private organisations paint their buildings. But in reality the responsible thing for them to do as a local authority is to minimise costs, not spend hundreds of thousands bailing out football clubs (or festivals for that matter)

Maybe they could cut the concert service?

Its amazing the social care line comes out when it's legal action but nearly half a million on failed concerts is fine. What about the gagging pay offs?

It wouldn't be so bad if the council weren't throwing money at pointless things anyway and were running a tight ship.

mark82

Whilst it's a fair point, I'm also not a fan of blackmail.

Grendel

I’m that case why spend anything on communities. Close all
Libraries, don’t fund the swimming pool project, don’t fund the wasps for loss of tickets for music events - Swansea, Nottingham, Ipswich and hull councils have spent far more on their respective clubs.

For a so called fan and someone impartial to the council you have an odd way of showing it

fernandopartridge

They'll recover some legal costs when they win which they say is a formality. They'll have a legal budget in any case. They are blasè about money for getting ex staff to sign non disclosure agreements, or overspending on concerts so let's not get into the cutting services stuff.

SBAndy

They'll recover some legal costs when they win which they say is a formality. They'll have a legal budget in any case. They are blasè about money for getting ex staff to sign non disclosure agreements, or overspending on concerts so let's not get into the cutting services stuff.

If they knew that there was no wrongdoing then that would be an investment strategy in itself. They’re desperate to diversify their investment portfolio after all.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but BBC Midlands Today are reporting live from the Ricoh in a few minutes.
...and it was incredibly boring …..they all need to get together and talk etc blah, blah, blah, tell us what their intentions are etc. Been saying this for years.

This club is now doomed unless, out of the blue, a buyer steps in .

Magwitch

Not surprised about the date timeline I think we will find it’s within the EFL rule book there is a procedure to follow. I think the next crucial stage will be the Premier Court appeal decision. Now if that appeal is granted I think Wasps might relent for 12 months but if the appeal is turned down and sisu go down which I believe they can the European court route or civil court action then I think Wasps could dig their heels in big time.

chiefdave

This is glossed over too often. As pointless as we all know the legal action is sets a dangerous precedent if you also public bodies to essentially blackmail other parties in to dropping legal action.
None, the council has huge reserves they can use to cover this in the short-term and then restore the reserves when they win and are awarded costs.
The cold hard truth is hugely important to the city. It generates millions for the local economy, employs local people and one the most recognisable things about the city nationally and internationally.

Captain Dart

Not surprised about the date timeline I think we will find it’s within the EFL rule book there is a procedure to follow. I think the next crucial stage will be the Premier Court appeal decision. Now if that appeal is granted I think Wasps might relent for 12 months but if the appeal is turned down and sisu go down which I believe they can the European court route or civil court action then I think Wasps could dig their heels in big time.
Also the club accounts are due just before the Mar 5th deadline. It will be interesting to see how the auditors report in the light of the present situation, that is if the accounts are not delayed as I would expect.

mark82

Also the club accounts are due just before the Mar 5th deadline. It will be interesting to see how the auditors report in the light of the present situation, that is if the accounts are not delayed as I would expect.

Don't think they'll be allowed to sign them off as a going concern without somewhere to play.

RegTheDonk

Realise theres some large figures being put around £30M £60M etc and the arguement is its not a loss until it's realised.

But if we're chucked out of the league and SISU liquidate us, doesn't that effectively make the loss "real". Would it not be sensible to sell for £20M and lose less money?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Realise theres some large figures being put around £30M £60M etc and the arguement is its not a loss until it's realised.

But if we're chucked out of the league and SISU liquidate us, doesn't that effectively make the loss "real". Would it not be sensible to sell for £20M and lose less money?
…...or even less than 20 million ……..50p

Magwitch

what are
the rules on that ? If there’s no accounts and no ground as an example am I right in saying the auditors cannot sign the business off as a going concern, so where could that leave ccfc as a viable business ?

Magwitch

My guess is that CCFC will ignore the 5th March deadline and put the ball back in the EFL'S court and play them until the last minute.
But it isn’t really IN the EFL court, there are rules and procedures. There are also 72 EFL members and if one or two complain to the EFL higherarchy a rule is not being adhered to the league are duty bound to act. Now if I was chairman of one of the three or four battling for league survival at the bottom of division two I’d be screaming for the rule book to be adhered to.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if Notts County and Michael Doyle were saved from non league by our demise due to all this.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The special meeting in April will require 75% of the members to vote for ccfc expulsion assuming company law applies

One or two clubs feeling hard done by won't do it

That also means you have to question the level of pressure on sisu i

chiefdave

The special meeting in April will require 75% of the members to vote for ccfc expulsion assuming company law applies
Why is there a vote? Surely not having a ground means you can't fulfil your fixtures. What happens when its then the first day of the season and there's still nowhere to play?

Magwitch

One or two clubs feeling hard done by won't do it

That also means you have to question the level of pressure on sisu i
But one or two members can submit complaints at the special EGM which will then be debated and if a rule is seen as being broken a vote on what decision is taken will be held. If we still can’t provide a suitable home ground I can’t see how we ccfc survive that vote, to me it’s black and white.
Simple reason IF we somehow survived that vote
Where do we play ?

Users who are viewing this thread