Nouble and Samuel (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just putting it out there ......

Anyone think they might make for a good front two partnership?

Evo1883

Yes .. i actually rate nouble and think this is our best front 2 tbh

johnwillomagic

I don't think the Tudguy/Samuel partnership has looked bad to be honest - four goals from two games, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I quite like Nouble to come off the bench as an impact player.....he's only just got fit anyhow and gives him kick up the backside
which he seems to need. Not done enough to extend his contract with us beyond the end of season ....yet......I still think it is in his interest
to improve this season though so think we will see some golden moments from the lad.....I hope so anyhow!!

stupot07

I don't think the Tudguy/Samuel partnership has looked bad to be honest - four goals from two games, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I quite like Nouble to come off the bench as an impact player.....he's only just got fit anyhow and gives him kick up the backside
which he seems to need. Not done enough to extend his contract with us beyond the end of season ....yet......I still think it is in his interest
to improve this season though so think we will see some golden moments from the lad.....I hope so anyhow!!

Agreed. I'm not overly convinced by Nouble but I think he would be a great impact player off the bench. Tudguy and Samuel seemed to work yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

johnwillomagic

I agree Steve Tudgay does carry more threat and has better goals per minutes played ratio this season.....plus
Samuels is scoring goals playing off/alongside him.....take it that's what you meant!

rupert_bear

With a Tony Mowbray pushing them they will all do better will have to or else, one thing he won't put up with is idlers. Remember Mowbray as a player tough as teak at centre half.

Last edited:

Otis

I thought Tudgay worked hard yesterday, but that was about it. I didn't think he offered much else at all and he lacks pace.

I think Nouble's strength combined with Samuel's pace could just work.

higgs

Is Samuel under contract with reading or is it up in the summer looks a cracking prospect

stupot07

I thought Tudgay worked hard yesterday, but that was about it. I didn't think he offered much else at all and he lacks pace.

I think Nouble's strength combined with Samuel's pace could just work.

I feel Nouble likes to drop too deep(more like an attacking midfielder than a striker) to get on the ball and Samuel benefits from someone playing further up the pitch occupying defenders. Tudguy was instrumental for the first, in his part played in getting Samuel away which led to the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Still not at all convinced by Tudgay. He seems to be on a terminal decline from his heady days, when I used to really rated him.

Maybe it's time for us to go out into the market and bring another striker in.

_brian_

Still not at all convinced by Tudgay. He seems to be on a terminal decline from his heady days, when I used to really rated him.

Maybe it's time for us to go out into the market and bring another striker in.

You've got to be joking, mate?!?! We've got loads of strikers!!!

logjoe

I thought Proschwitz linked up very well with Samuels yesterday. I also wish lee burge would have got the ball up the filed sooner both players were waving and pushing they are a good fit better than Nouble i'm afraid

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think Nouble could be the one in the partnership to bring the ball down and play it for Samuel to run onto. Last couple of games we've seen what he can do, albeit yesterday he fluffed his best chance but went on to make up for it.

tudgay works hard, just not sure if he's what we need when we're struggling for goals

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought Proschwitz linked up very well with Samuels yesterday. I also wish lee burge would have got the ball up the filed sooner both players were waving and pushing they are a good fit better than Nouble i'm afraid

Shown a few good touches, but difficult to assess whether he'll be useful or not.

had one opportunity to do something good with it, and think it ended up being passed back to the CB's which was disappointing

stupot07

I think Nouble could be the one in the partnership to bring the ball down and play it for Samuel to run onto. Last couple of games we've seen what he can do, albeit yesterday he fluffed his best chance but went on to make up for it.

[b[tudgay works hard, just not sure if he's what we need when we're struggling for goals[/b]

Remind me of Nouble's record again?? ;)

Gint11

I like nouble. If I was the new manager id want Samuel permanently and I still think a Mowbray could turn jacksons attitude around. Play 3 up top with them as Mowbray is attacking isn't bad option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRY-CCFC

I like nouble. If I was the new manager id want Samuel permanently and I still think a Mowbray could turn jacksons attitude around. Play 3 up top with them as Mowbray is attacking isn't bad option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 chance of Samuel permanently. Highly thought of at Reading.

daib0

0 chance of Samuel permanently. Highly thought of at Reading.

yep, as I said on the previous thread on Dominic many Royals fans see him as a great championship/premier future prospect and were pushing for him in our starting XI lineup before the loan deal came about. I think his medium prospects are at Reading ... but maybe a season long next season loan could be considered if mutually convenient. That's just an inkling though, I don't know anything officially.

Gazolba

tudgay works hard, just not sure if he's what we need when we're struggling for goals

Uhh ... remember the Scunthorpe game ... 90th minute equaliser ... by Tudgay?

Gazolba

yep, as I said on the previous thread on Dominic many Royals fans see him as a great championship/premier future prospect and were pushing for him in our starting XI lineup before the loan deal came about. I think his medium prospects are at Reading ... but maybe a season long next season loan could be considered if mutually convenient. That's just an inkling though, I don't know anything officially.

Unfortunately, he's the kind of player we get rid of, not the kind of player we sign.

Grendel

Proschwitz took me back to the heady days of Tommy Langley.

He looked shocking.

stupot07

Remember it well.

But I meant quantity of goals, rather than specific goals.

Don't get me wrong he's done an alright job since coming back into the team, just not prolific enough

Neither is nouble, Jackson or Miller, thank god we have Samuel as he's the one player that might save us from relegation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread