nouble and johnson (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

am i right in thinking we are unbeaten when these 2 are both on the pitch?

gillingham W 1-0
yeovil W 2-1
Scunthorpe - leading 1-0 when reda sent off
Pboro W 3-2

without them we are lost but hopefully preslley has learnt a lesson about the types of players he needs to bring in to this club.

lets continue the streak vs Leyton orient!

Otis

gillingham W 1-0
yeovil W 2-1
Pboro W 3-2

without them we are lost but hopefully preslley has learnt a lesson about the types of players he needs to bring in to this club.

Most definitely.

The Gentleman

gillingham W 1-0
yeovil W 2-1
Pboro W 3-2

As said on another thread, I had heard that it was Reda's half time team talk and not Pressley's that seemed to inspire the rest to get off their arses and show some passion. People talk about formations and players etc (which is right) but the first thing they should be showing is fight, passion and a will to win which has been massively lacking. Lets hope we can keep these two fit, healthy and free from suspension because without them we seem lost.

Otis

As said on another thread, I had heard that it was Reda's half time team talk and not Pressley's that seemed to inspire the rest to get off their arses and show some passion. People talk about formations and players etc (which is right) but the first thing they should be showing is fight, passion and a will to win which has been massively lacking. Lets hope we can keep these two fit, healthy and free from suspension because without them we seem lost.

Saturday was less about formations and more about our pressing higher up the pitch and playing at a higher tempo. Add that to the desire and spirit shown and that is where you will find the win coming from.

Glad someone kicked their arses at half time, whoever that may have been.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I heard Noubles post match interview...
1- I thought at times he was terrific, considering he'd been out for a few games, some of his touch sublime- a little lucky for the goal, but fortune favours the brave?
2- He expressed how he'd rallied the troops at half time too, grabbed a "few by the neck" I seem to recall
3- His spirit in the interview led me to conclude what a valuable asset he is both on the pitch and in the dressing room. He was full of character, grit and a dose of humour.....

The Gentleman

i think it would be unfair to assume SP had no bearing on their second half performance.

You'd like to think so but how many times before Saturday have we been shit and showed nothing like what we saw on Saturday? Pressley has been there for all the games but these two were just back on Saturday. From what I hear it was Johnson who was doing the motivating, not Pressley.

WillieStanley

You'd like to think so but how many times before Saturday have we been shit and showed nothing like what we saw on Saturday? Pressley has been there for all the games but these two were just back on Saturday. From what I hear it was Johnson who was doing the motivating, not Pressley.

Give over!

skybluegod

Who did you hear it from? Why would listen to Reda and not Pressley? It is more likely that Pressley gave them a kick up the arse and Reda and nouble reaffirmed it and led by example, which is what a young side needs.

The Gentleman

Who did you hear it from? Why would listen to Reda and not Pressley? It is more likely that Pressley gave them a kick up the arse and Reda and nouble reaffirmed it and led by example, which is what a young side needs.

In my time on this forum I haven't been one for saying rumours. It's upto you whether you believe it or not, for me I couldn't care less. However, why has it taken the team this long to show passion? Do you not think that Pressley would have tried lift the team against Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Preston, Crewe, Bristol or Oldham? Surely you're not suggesting that Pressley's team talks are no good? Because if you are saying they are, why did it only work against Peterborough and not the other games I mentioned. All I am saying is that certain individuals took it on themselves as they were sick of the way things were going. Maybe Pressley was otherwise engaged at that time reading the bible to his disciples that would listen. Oh, Willie this answer is for you too.

RoboCCFC90

In my time on this forum I haven't been one for saying rumours.

It hurts to much.. My sides are splitting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

Ok then, apart from the one about Wilson leaving :pointlaugh:

If you hadn't of jinxed it, he'd still be here, you're to blame

RoboCCFC90

I know, I am Wilsons agent after all though!

Yeah I can see it actually for being an agent you have to feed a decent level of bullshit

RoboCCFC90

Those pictures after the winky one must be the shit loads of cash I made from it.

Are you sure our Club was involved? Their tight with monies allegedly

RoboCCFC90

Rochdale away? Pretty sure these two played up front then.

Nouble and Reda the OP is referring to.

Hobo

Who made him captain? why? isnt motivation one of his roles. .
Why should it be all down to SP. Having 2 or 3 kicking ass is more effective than one.

The other week SP said he had been waiting for a dressing room f
all out and fans criticised him, Reda grabs people by the scruf of the neck and is a hero?

It comes down to loosing is not acceptable. One of the cultures SP is trying to change. He needs players to lead by example.

Hobo

So why does he say how proud he is when we lose?
lots of managers protect players in front of the media. Including Ferguson Wenger and Mouriniho. Save the nasty stuff for the dressing. As you and I arent in the dressing room or the training ground we wont really know will we. He did acknowledge confidence was extremely fragile. Motivation techniques need a lot of variation.

The Gentleman

Who made him captain? why? isnt motivation one of his roles. .
Why should it be all down to SP. Having 2 or 3 kicking ass is more effective than one.

The other week SP said he had been waiting for a dressing room f
all out and fans criticised him, Reda grabs people by the scruf of the neck and is a hero?

It comes down to loosing is not acceptable. One of the cultures SP is trying to change. He needs players to lead by example.

They are all professional sportsmen so losing should not be acceptable, they should all have that competitive edge that sets them apart. If our win ratio before with Mark Robins was far superior to Pressley how successful has he been in creating a winning culture? Something must be wrong because you see other teams who would gladly go out and run until their lungs burst but ours just seem to accept their fate, Pressley has been here for a while now so how would you gauge his record and the culture he is trying to create?

There are those out there that will back Pressley blindly and come up with the reason that he has had his hands tied behind his back (which is true to a certain extent) but the fact remains that his record is poor, his tactics are very one dimensional, he has no plan B, his signings have been poor, his interviews are sounding more like a David Icke speech and he doesn't seem to know his best team. But the fact he is a snappy dresser seems to please a few on here so that's alright. There are other managers in this league with smaller budgets and signings loans and frees like us but they seem to get either better players or are able to get the most out of them. I want us to be as successful as we can be, I just don't think that he has shown anywhere near enough to convince me that he is the second coming that some think on here.

Hobo

They are all professional sportsmen so losing should not be acceptable, they should all have that competitive edge that sets them apart. If our win ratio before with Mark Robins was far superior to Pressley how successful has he been in creating a winning culture? Something must be wrong because you see other teams who would gladly go out and run until their lungs burst but ours just seem to accept their fate, Pressley has been here for a while now so how would you gauge his record and the culture he is trying to create?

There are those out there that will back Pressley blindly and come up with the reason that he has had his hands tied behind his back (which is true to a certain extent) but the fact remains that his record is poor, his tactics are very one dimensional, he has no plan B, his signings have been poor, his interviews are sounding more like a David Icke speech and he doesn't seem to know his best team. But the fact he is a snappy dresser seems to please a few on here so that's alright. There are other managers in this league with smaller budgets and signings loans and frees like us but they seem to get either better players or are able to get the most out of them. I want us to be as successful as we can be, I just don't think that he has shown anywhere near enough to convince me that he is the second coming that some think on here.
I have never said he is the second coming? But he is what we have got.
You are wrong professional sportsmen do need motivating. A lone voice cannot do it. A higher proportion of self motivation is what sets the very top players apart.
There is very much wrong at City and has been for a long time...the scouting system for one and two they have been too cpmfortable in defeat or we wouldnt be in Lge 1

Last edited:

skybluegod

In my time on this forum I haven't been one for saying rumours. It's upto you whether you believe it or not, for me I couldn't care less. However, why has it taken the team this long to show passion? Do you not think that Pressley would have tried lift the team against Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Preston, Crewe, Bristol or Oldham? Surely you're not suggesting that Pressley's team talks are no good? Because if you are saying they are, why did it only work against Peterborough and not the other games I mentioned. All I am saying is that certain individuals took it on themselves as they were sick of the way things were going. Maybe Pressley was otherwise engaged at that time reading the bible to his disciples that would listen. Oh, Willie this answer is for you too.

There is only so much Pressley can do, how can a general lead an army with no officers? Pressley had no leaders while these 2 players were out, he as a manager can't grab players by the throat, every manager that ever has, has been ridiculed. Also do you not think that a manager, could try/learn new ways to get a response from his players? I'm not denying nouble and Reda playing their part, but it wasn't all them.

The Gentleman

I have never said he is the second coming? But he is what we have got.
You are wrong professional sportsmen do need motivating. A lone voice cannot do it. A higher proportion of self motivation is what sets the very top players apart.
There is very much wrong at City and has been for a long time...the scouting system for one and two they have been too cpmfortable in defeat or we wouldnt be in Lge 1

So you are happy with his signings, his tactics, his interviews, his stubborness, his reluctance to accept when he is wrong? you're just bothered by the scouting system and them being comfortable. I think the owners should take the lion share of blame for our woes along with smaller shares for the other parties involved but surely what happens on the pitch is within Pressley's remit. If you say professional sportsmen do need motivating then why can Pressley not seem to be able to do it then because Saturday's second half was the first time we have seen that type of display and what we do know is that it took the two mentioned in the OP to help get that and what we do know with Cov is that they won't be here forever.

Otis

So why does he say how proud he is when we lose?

Some are brutally honest, others try and protect their players and always try to give them their full backing.

I prefer the first to be honest. If we are crap I'd rather the manager come out and admit that we were crap. Always found Robins pretty honest in his appraisals.

Pressley is a 'stick up for the players' kind of guy. He will nearly always say someone was 'magnificent' when they have merely been okay.

Just the way he is.

kg82

The interview thing is a pile of crap. I don't care what he says on air. He's not stupid, if he feels the players deserve it he'll lay in to them in private. I can make my own assessments of games

The Gentleman

There is only so much Pressley can do, how can a general lead an army with no officers? Pressley had no leaders while these 2 players were out, he as a manager can't grab players by the throat, every manager that ever has, has been ridiculed. Also do you not think that a manager, could try/learn new ways to get a response from his players? I'm not denying nouble and Reda playing their part, but it wasn't all them.

He doesn't seem to want to learn ways, it seems his way or the highway. The problem with that is because is hasn't had a tried and tested method to say that what he does works. Any teams should have 11 captains on the pitch as no-one should like losing and rolling over the way we have at times this season. I do agree with you that he can't do everything but it's his blueprint and before Saturday's second half, how many on this forum would say it was working or was successful?

Nick

Administrator
Some are brutally honest, others try and protect their players and always try to give them their full backing.

I prefer the first to be honest. If we are crap I'd rather the manager come out and admit that we were crap. Always found Robins pretty honest in his appraisals.

Pressley is a 'stick up for the players' kind of guy. He will nearly always say someone was 'magnificent' when they have merely been okay.

Just the way he is.
I can understand about protecting players but you can go too far

skybluegod

Pressley had to deal with a lot more off field issues compared to robins. Robins was also backed from the first day he came in, with the signing of 3 players. Last year Pressley was left getting scraps due to the embargo, and 1/2 price one in one out basis. This summer is the first time he has been able to recruit properly. I don't think it is fair to judge last years signings as he didn't have adequate scouting or funding. And so was just buying in hope Imo. This summer a lot of singings see. To be fairly good. Johnson, nouble and o'brian are now 3 of our best players. Swanson and Miller have both been fairly useful but have had injury problems. Jackson has played well. The rest have however not been great e.g. Tudgay started well, but has been very poor since. Pugh, harsh to judge as he has been injured. The Bournemouth loans, I doubt Pressley had much choice with. Although allsop has been alright without being spectacular. Mcqoid I do not rate at all, all his goals seem to have been accidents. And coulibaly hard to judge.

Pressley has shown that he is willing to change tactics and players to try and win, highlighted by the fact he's used 3 formations in the last 3 games. Yes ofc he didn't change it straight away, but he's trying to create a long term strategy and style of play, which will define coventry, he's trying to make it so that teams have to find a way to outplay us and not the other way around.

I'd say we have a mid table-lower end budget and considering that's where we are, we can't completely be unhappy.

Users who are viewing this thread