Match Thread Nottingham Forest (H) (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Dabo had to play there as Rose was not fit

The problem is we are fragile in squad depth. Kelly is probably in his last season at this level anyway and injury prone. Jones had to play wing back as the only other option is a 19 year old making his first appearance at this level

We have options upfront but very few capable replacements elsewhere in the team. Consider if McFazdean, Rose, O Hare were injured for the next game. The bench really had only 3 options you would want on the pitch and they were the ones who came on

That’s the only reasonable explanation I could think of other than he put Dabo there to mark their number 17.

I agree we need to make 2 more signings minimum to shore up CB and CM. I’d be surprised if we don’t make these signings before the window closes.

When are squad is back to full strength with Kelly and Godden coming back, the outlook is a lot better as these are two starting calibre players for us. Assuming those signings, the only risk is LWB if Reid isn’t judged to be ready.

Having Jones and Bright back could be interesting, as it gives us the option to play with wingers or to give us pacy options when utilising ‘the box’.

Players like Rose and Sheaf will probably be a lot better this year than last because they’ve got over some injury issues they had and they’ve got some Championship experience under their belt.

I don’t expect us to do much, but I’m hoping we’re more comfortably clear from relegation than last season. Steady progress.

Overall, we’re not in a bad position and the outlook of the league as a whole is that a lot of clubs are cutting back AND not signing players as they did previously.

Bugsy

Bong got a 3 game ban for that slap on O'Hare

Blatant pen...PUSB

Gaetan Bong: Nottingham Forest defender receives violent conduct ban - Forest's Bong given three-match ban

skyblueinBaku

Users who are viewing this thread