Nottingham forest game postponed (1 Viewer)

Skybluebeliever

Is this game to be postponed as forest are in the 4th round ? Shame as we could do with playing them now , will we get another fixture or a free Saturday ?

Sky Blue Harry H

Not the end of the world - it gives a bit more recovery time for players, time for Walker to get fit. Would have been more concerned if some of our other games had been called off, as don't want a fixture backlog. It will also mean Forest's fixtures will be more congested (although I still think they have enough to get away from the bottom 3) Would like a QPR defeat at Luton tonight!

Edit: and Millwall losing at Bournemouth!

Last edited:

cc84cov

Not the end of the world - it gives a bit more recovery time for players, time for Walker to get fit. Would have been more concerned if some of our other games had been called off, as don't want a fixture backlog. It will also mean Forest's fixtures will be more congested (although I still think they have enough to get away from the bottom 3) Would like a QPR defeat at Luton tonight!
Walker 3 weeks away now is it ?

Brighton Sky Blue

The politicians complaining at footballers celebrating results maybe shouldn’t have let them play...

Brighton Sky Blue

Season will continue imo. A break isnt goijg to stop the pandemic

And We are doing fine so please stop this shit about us being desperate for a break

It isn’t shit is it we’re missing half a team and it would be nice having some of those players available

clint van damme

So let's postpone season for 4 months till godden back?!!

It's not just about us though.
I'm all for ploughing on until the season's done however long it takes ( I would have done that last year).

But as the situation deteriorates the authorities may take a different view.

Briles

"Work from home unless you cant"

Footballers cant, and contribute a huge amount to the economy.

I would be suprised if they suspend the season unless every team had an outbreak at the same time.

better days

Calling off football again would be a financial disaster
The whole edifice is currently supported by TV money to the Premier League and to a lesser extent the to the EFL and for cup competitions
If it's closed down again the TV companies will want their money back and god help even the medium sized clubs who are hanging by a thread
Various governments around the world learnt from the first lockdown that some things have to continue if the risks are mitigated as much as possible
Footballers are generally at low risk of being seriously ill with covid even though some like Saint-Maximin have had bad cases from which he is still recovering
On balance it's better to keep games going if at all possible
Of course we have players out due to the wear and tear of so many games but most clubs are in a similar position

larry_david

Guys we ain't the only one's with injuries either. We have to get on with it. We probably wouldn't have got that point at Norwich if they weren't screwed with injuries at the time. We're finding a way to get points, a break would get walker, Kelly, Marosi and godden back but also stops any momentum players like sheaf, ostigard etc are having and allows teams around us to recover as well

The show must go on

rexo87

Guys we ain't the only one's with injuries either. We have to get on with it. We probably wouldn't have got that point at Norwich if they weren't screwed with injuries at the time. We're finding a way to get points, a break would get walker, Kelly, Marosi and godden back but also stops any momentum players like sheaf, ostigard etc are having and allows teams around us to recover as well

The show must go on

100% this. Our injuries are no more than the vast majority of our counterparts.
I also don’t think the injured players would make that much of a difference anyway.

Marosi - Wilson has stepped up and done just as well if not better

Kelly - signed James who looks be just as good if not better

Walker/Godden - walker back in a couple of games time and we will most likely sign a striker in this window also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

100% this. Our injuries are no more than the vast majority of our counterparts.
I also don’t think the injured players would make that much of a difference anyway.

Marosi - Wilson has stepped up and done just as well if not better

Kelly - signed James who looks be just as good if not better

Walker/Godden - walker back in a couple of games time and we will most likely sign a striker in this window also

Liam Kelly:
The evidence suggests he is THE key player yet all I seem to read is that James looks better or is better.
It is prudent in my book to to celebrate the guy who gets you results rather than looking to replace him. James may turn out to be great but he has to prove himself as a Coventry City player. Kelly has proven that he is the daddy.

rexo87

Liam Kelly:
The evidence suggests he is THE key player yet all I seem to read is that James looks better or is better.
It is prudent in my book to to celebrate the guy who gets you results rather than looking to replace him. James may turn out to be great but he has to prove himself as a Coventry City player. Kelly has proven that he is the daddy.

Agreed and I would’ve been very worried had we not replaced Kelly as up to now Kelly has been the difference in matches for us. However from reading Barnsley fans reports on James he sounds exactly like a Kelly sort of player and one with more experience at this level and above. I might be wrong and we might still miss Kelly massively but I get the feeling James is going to be just what was needed

superskyblue

Wilson has not been as good as Marosi. He's made more costly mistakes in the few games he's had than Marosi has in his whole Cov career. To suggest Wilson has been as good if not better than Marosi is just nonsense.

edgy

Wilson has not been as good as Marosi. He's made more costly mistakes in the few games he's had than Marosi has in his whole Cov career. To suggest Wilson has been as good if not better than Marosi is just nonsense.

What "costly" mistakes has Wilson made? As in directly cost us points? Not saying he hasn't but I've not attributed much blame his way during his stint in nets.

Users who are viewing this thread