Nothing to fear (1 Viewer)

covboy9

I fully expect to win today, MK will be more worried about us than we are about them, ok no mcg or bailey but they have more than 2 key players missing today PUSB

Sawyer

Think people are taking this game for granted to much, confidence is the key but cockiness and a lack off reality will end up in disaster.

Astute

Not cockyness. They lost their last game against Warsaw at home 4-2. They have half of their first team out including their best two players. If that was us and our opponents had won their last 5 away games and had only lost about 1 in the last 12 I would expect to lose.

Otis

We have no goalscorer today apart from Baker.

If we had DMC I would fancy our chances, but we don't.

A draw would be great. If we lose (and we of course well might), we simply have to beat Shrewsbury on Tuesday. We owe them one anyway don't we.

dongonzalos

Not cockyness. They lost their last game against Warsaw at home 4-2. They have half of their first team out including their best two players. If that was us and our opponents had won their last 5 away games and had only lost about 1 in the last 12 I would expect to lose.

How did those jammy hits qualify for European football :)

Astute

We have no goalscorer today apart from Baker.

If we had DMC I would fancy our chances, but we don't.

A draw would be great. If we lose (and we of course well might), we simply have to beat Shrewsbury on Tuesday. We owe them one anyway don't we.

In the last 4 games McG has got 5 goals out of 13. 8 goals not scored by him :D

Otis

Yep, but as i have said on a number of occasions, because of DMC's goals we have been finding space elsewhere, due to the opposition focusing their attention on stopping him.

As an opposition manager when assessing us they would be setting their stall out to stop DMC and give him extra attention. He's the league's top goalscorer.

We are getting goals elsewhere on a lot of occasions due to DMC scoring so many. We play Sheff today and he won't get the same attention DMC would be afforded. And that's cos they know he's not as big a threat.

It's not just about DMC's goals, it is about the space his goalscoring feats create for others around him.

wingy

Off topic but would any of you consider playing moussa @ CF today and play Fleck in his role.

Astute

Of course having him in the team makes a difference, but we are not a 1 player team. We are also playing against a weakened side.

A few on here moan about the quality of our reserve players without looking at the lack of quality at other clubs. MK Franchise are having to play a few of these. This includes youth players. To me this puts the advantage back to us.

Gaz

In the last 4 games McG has got 5 goals out of 13. 8 goals not scored by him :D

This is fact

Wheres the view that other players are only scoring because of the attention McGoldrick gets, is an opinion.

wingy

The suggestion is moussa will be suing the defensive role with Jennings.

I Wish Thomas was fit ,What about Lobjoit ,against his old team ,I bet they wish they had him to use themselves today from the sound of their depleted squad.

Astute

Warsaw just got 4 against them. Who is their McG player?

Otis

This is fact

Wheres the view that other players are only scoring because of the attention McGoldrick gets, is an opinion.

But Gaz, no-one is saying other players are only scoring because of the attention McGoldrick gets.

Merely saying it is a factor.

dongonzalos

I Wish Thomas was fit ,What about Lobjoit ,against his old team ,I bet they wish they had him to use themselves today from the sound of their depleted squad.

Again it highlights just how strong we are in terms of depth in this league.

Gaz

But Gaz, no-one is saying other players are only scoring because of the attention McGoldrick gets.

Merely saying it is a factor.

A factor, yes.
But the way your suggesting that we have no goal scorer today other than Baker, because McGoldrick isn't there to make space is wrong.

Otis

A factor, yes.
But the way your suggesting that we have no goal scorer today other than Baker, because McGoldrick isn't there to make space is wrong.

I am not suggesting that though. What I said was 'We are getting goals elsewhere on a lot of occasions due to DMC scoring so many.'

On a lot of occasions. Not all goals.He has been a factor for us having space on a lot of occasions.

Don't understand the 'the way I am suggesting' comment. Just saying it is a factor. When anyone comes up against Messi they concentrate on stopping Messi and this creates space elsewhere for his team mates. So goes for DMC. Opposition are focused on stopping him. This creates space elsewhere.

I would say this is pretty much a fact. This space then enables other players in our team to benefit.

BackRoomRummermill

I fully expect that MR will go for a win today, it is the only way we know how to play and I feel our team is great deal fitter than in previous months. Dont be surprised to go one down and come back to win 2 or 3 -1

Baker and Sheffers to Score with Moussa if its 3

wingy

I am not suggesting that though. What I said was 'We are getting goals elsewhere on a lot of occasions due to DMC scoring so many.'

On a lot of occasions. Not all goals.He has been a factor for us having space on a lot of occasions.

Don't understand the 'the way I am suggesting' comment. Just saying it is a factor. When anyone comes up against Messi they concentrate on stopping Messi and this creates space elsewhere for his team mates. So goes for DMC. Opposition are focused on stopping him. This creates space elsewhere.

I would say this is pretty much a fact. This space then enables other players in our team to benefit.

And the great thing is despite this he still scores:p

Astute

I take it you have not seen the goals then?

Schoolboy defending doesn't even begin to describe it.

I get you now.

We won't score because McG isn't playing and a makeshift defence that let 4 in against Warsaw last game through schoolboy errors will suddenly become a world class defence :facepalm: :D

Gaz

But that is what you are suggesting.
You have already said that we have no goal scorer today other than Baker.
This is wrong, now that's something I would say is pretty much a fact.

Your opionion that 'We are getting goals elsewhere on a lot of occasions due to DMC scoring so many.' is just that, an opinion.

We are not a one man team, although I do believe that at times McGoldrick does help make space for others, it's not to the extent that you claim.

torchomatic

Its the lack of McG that worries me more than the lack of reality.

[QUOTE=Sawyer;323638]Think people are taking this game for granted to much, confidence is the key but cockiness and a lack off reality will end up in disaster.[/QUOTE]

Otis

But that is what you are suggesting.
You have already said that we have no goal scorer today other than Baker.
This is wrong, now that's something I would say is pretty much a fact.

Your opionion that 'We are getting goals elsewhere on a lot of occasions due to DMC scoring so many.' is just that, an opinion.

We are not a one man team, although I do believe that at times McGoldrick does help make space for others, it's not to the extent that you claim.

You're misreading me. I am not saying we have no other players scoring goals, I am saying we have no other goalscorer! This season, after the way things have panned out, Baker could be labelled a goalscorer.

We are getting goals from elsewhere, but a 'goalscorer' is someone you expect a lot of goals from. That hasn't been the case from Baker, but I dare say we are all saying now he can get 15 goals this year. and that then makes him a 'goalscorer.' That is what I meant.

We will just have to disagree, Gaz, but I do think you are indeed misreading what I am actually saying.

Astute

Not a 1 man team but a 1 man goalscoring team you mean Otis?

We should tell Elliot not to bother coming on then ;)

McG has kept the others out of the team. Let them have the chance before we tell them they are not good enough to score a goal

Otis

Again, no-one has said they aren't good enough to score a goal. On previous occasions though Elliot, McDonald and ROD have had chances and not come up with the goods. DMC came in and has been scoring for fun.

Happy to give all players a chance. Bet MK are mightily relieved though that McGoldrick is out.

Astute

Again, no-one has said they aren't good enough to score a goal. On previous occasions though Elliot, McDonald and ROD have had chances and not come up with the goods. DMC came in and has been scoring for fun.

Happy to give all players a chance. Bet MK are mightily relieved though that McGoldrick is out.

And we are not happy their best players are out?

Otis

Yes indeed.

Makes me a lot more optimistic. Had this one down as a defeat. Now thinking draw.

With DMC would have been thinking win! :D

Astute

Looks like the same against Stevenage

Users who are viewing this thread