Nothing is going to change. (2 Viewers)

Ann Proctor-Brown

Is D king part of Sisu.Robins wanted to get takeover done early,so he could bring 4 players in .Now saying he has no idea .Keeps saying he is short of players,well Mark other clubs seem to be able to find them.Dont keep using that as a excuse.Keep loaning kids out,if they are not going to play,get rid.

Hobo

Lets be honest it would be dead easy to bring four bodies in.

It is more difficult getting the right four in. Plus any decent player will probably have more than one option which can slow negotiations. Sometimes getting the green light depends on another deal being done. Moving house is simple in theory.

Bugsy

Is D king part of Sisu.Robins wanted to get takeover done early,so he could bring 4 players in .Now saying he has no idea .Keeps saying he is short of players,well Mark other clubs seem to be able to find them.Dont keep using that as a excuse.Keep loaning kids out,if they are not going to play,get rid.
You should be a football manager Ann, u would make it look so easy, u clown 🤡

Samo

Did you write this out in crayon before typing it?

Bugsy

Bugsy

Gibbo

When the deal was done, the thought that crossed my mind was 'How long does the honeymoon periood for a new owner last'? The answer appears to be a couple of weeks.

skybluepm2

Robins says they are working hard on things and it looks like we can now bring in 3 more instead of two - it's hardly grim

exactly, and the key word he used is ‘quality’. I’d much rather wait for the right players to come in rather than get run of the mill garbage, just to add a few names on the bench.

Of course letting Wankhorn go leaves us extremely light in the forward department, but 1) I assume that MR has someone lined up; and 2) for anyone to show interest in MW, you’d bite their hand off to get him off the wage bill and utilize his hefty wages elsewhere. By the sounds of Robins’ interview after the game on Saturday, it would appear that he’s as pissed off as the rest of us as to how ‘it hasn’t worked out for him here’.

Confident we will bring in at least 1 by the weekend.

Bad Boy

Whilst waiting for the takeover approval in early January (when the transfer window had just opened) am I right in saying MR went on record as saying targets had been identified and they were good to go subject to new owner ratification from the EFL?
Or did I dream that?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

exactly, and the key word he used is ‘quality’. I’d much rather wait for the right players to come in rather than get run of the mill garbage, just to add a few names on the bench.

Of course letting Wankhorn go leaves us extremely light in the forward department, but 1) I assume that MR has someone lined up; and 2) for anyone to show interest in MW, you’d bite their hand off to get him off the wage bill and utilize his hefty wages elsewhere. By the sounds of Robins’ interview after the game on Saturday, it would appear that he’s as pissed off as the rest of us as to how ‘it hasn’t worked out for him here’.

Confident we will bring in at least 1 by the weekend.

Waghorn scored one goal last season, and one so far this season.

A really disappointing signing unfortunately.

mark82

Whilst waiting for the takeover approval in early January (when the transfer window had just opened) am I right in saying MR went on record as saying targets had been identified and they were good to go subject to new owner ratification from the EFL?
Or did I dream that?
Suspect it's the 2 who have already arrived. CB he's said he's struggling to find the right player. The other two I guess are more recent requirements (AM & ST) given O'Hare's injury and Waghorn's departure.

cooperskyblue

Robins' pre match interview to me was very encouraging. A lot of work to do in regards to creating a new recruitment department. But he said that is going to happen and will be a 'department' rather than a one man band as was before.
We need the right quality players in, not just anyone.

Robins always makes things sound grim but I've heard enough that although we will continue to be sensible, we do have more scope now to do more in regards to transfers.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ann Proctor-Brown, are you the lady who was caught shouting at the players on The Football League Show around 15 years ago? It was somewhere like Barnsley away, with someone like Zavon Hines scoring in the last minute as you were mid-meltdown in the stands. That clip was recycled over and over.

The name sounds like it should fit the lady I remember from that particular incident.

TomRad85

Ann Proctor-Brown, are you the lady who was caught shouting at the players on The Football League Show around 15 years ago? It was somewhere like Barnsley away, with someone like Zavon Hines scoring in the last minute as you were mid-meltdown in the stands. That clip was recycled over and over.

The name sounds like it should fit the lady I remember from that particular incident.
Sheffield Wednesday

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Barnsley away, Wayne Andrews winner when Micky Adams was gaffer?

Corrado

Am i bothered
little britain television GIF

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Barnsley away, Wayne Andrews winner when Micky Adams was gaffer?

That could be it.

I was checking our squad from around 2007 and there are some interesting names!

Tom said Sheffield Wednesday, I'm pretty sure it's one of the two. Can just remember this slightly older woman going mad and then the ball goes in the net. Was piss your pants funny.

SBchimp

Nah aint she's the old girl who puts cats in wheelie bins?

Travs

I also recall an incident during the Northampton era when a well known name from here/GMK, mentioning no names (Knowl) gave Carl Baker an almighty rocketing, about 10 seconds before he scored an overhead kick.

Users who are viewing this thread