Not wanting to do something that others would love to do.......... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have a free, week-long pass to the Isle of Wight Bestival. Appearing are acts such as Flo and Machine, New Order and Stevie Wonder plus loads more. Why is it that I just can't be arsed about it? I love my music but I'm just not motivated to actually go to this. I am going as a volunteer for local Hospital Radio here on the island, as I do a show once a week, but I'd rather be fishing! :(

2012-09-0419-18-30.jpg

The Reverend Skyblue

Do you mention the mighty skyblues on your show ? or are you to embarressed to admit you support them.
Thinking about it it would'nt help anyone's recovery telling them about Cov ,but it might make some of them laugh, and make them feel that at least someone else is worse off than them

The Rev

Houchens Head

Funnily enough, Rev, at the end of last season, when we went down, I did refer to Cov, as most of the islanders support either Southampton or Pompey (both just over the water from here on the "North Island"!). I mentioned (for the sake of local fans) how great it was for Southampton to get promoted but disappointing for all the Pompey fans (said with a silent snigger!!). I also said that I knew how they felt as I was a Coventry City supporter and we had just joined Portsmouth in League 1. I then went on to talk just a little about our club, but was aware of where I was. Had to play some music before I got too carried away! :D

skyblueprincess

have a read .... might give you the push to do it ..if not .... Happy Fishing [video]http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2009/12/15/how-to-do-something-even-when-you-dont-feel-like-it/[/video]

harvey098

Somebody on my facebook has just put a status saying "Trying to find a spare ticket for bestival"... Shall I point them in the direction of this thread?

Houchens Head

Somebody on my facebook has just put a status saying "Trying to find a spare ticket for bestival"... Shall I point them in the direction of this thread?

I've got to help with a raffle as well. The prize is two tickets for next years Bestival. £3 each. Interested?

Houchens Head

have a read .... might give you the push to do it ..if not .... Happy Fishing [video]http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2009/12/15/how-to-do-something-even-when-you-dont-feel-like-it/[/video]

Aww. Fanks Princess x x Nice to see you back after such a long time. x x

Users who are viewing this thread