Not Today or Any Day (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesimus

I think I answered it perfectly reasonably. The fact of the matter is, screaming about something not everyone agrees with doesn't change minds. I don't think anyone has taken issue at the latest slogan to be honest.

Shouldn't really have taken issue with the last one either, but we all know why they did...

covcity4life

Shouldn't really have taken issue with the last one either, but we all know why they did...
We know why racists had issue with it

But we shouldn't ignore fact that normal people annoyed BLM movement. Including Asians and even some black.

It's message is important. Bit the protests lost them a lot of credibility with violence kootinging vandalism etc

They shouldn't get a free pass on that

Kieranp96

Wild lack of knowledge shown. If you want to see what has been done so far, how it has been done / what has been achieved it is all there online for you to read about.
Blm as a whole is just a viral trend, I get the reasoning behind it and I support most of there reasoning, they just went about it the compeltly wrong way and all these protest and shit over 2 criminals that failed to listen to the police I have 0 sympathy oh and it came out that the guy who was saying he can't breath actually swallowed a bunch of drugs that was probaly the cause of him dying.

shmmeee

Blm as a whole is just a viral trend, I get the reasoning behind it and I support most of there reasoning, they just went about it the compeltly wrong way and all these protest and shit over 2 criminals that failed to listen to the police I have 0 sympathy oh and it came out that the guy who was saying he can't breath actually swallowed a bunch of drugs that was probaly the cause of him dying.

How was George Floyd a criminal exactly?

Jamesimus

How should we go about addressing institutional racism then?

Just because a person is a criminal, doesn't mean they should be executed by the police.
And what about the people that are innocent, who are also killed or locked up or harassed by the police? How should they feel? How should we feel about that if they are family members, friends, important people in our communities, or just regular folk like us?

David O'Day

How was George Floyd a criminal exactly?

But but he must of been as he was black and he was interacting with the police.

George Floyd was accused of using fake currency, it has never been proved this is true or if he knew what he was doing. Also video evidence shows he wasn't resisting arrest and to say it's his fault for "not listening to the police" when there is video evidence of him pleading for his life is basically sub human scum levels of cuntishness.

Sorry but that has made me proper angry

Nick

Administrator
Oh great, a re-run with the same people going over the same stuff.

Missed some of you on the match thread.

BornSlippySkyBlue

In the hypothetical scenario where somebody was basically executed for not listening to the police — you’d have 0 sympathy? Am I understanding that correctly? The guy that was shot multiple times in the back in front of his children, 0 sympathy? Because he didn’t listen? Fucking hell.

David O'Day

Anyway fuck this thread as the usual suspects have turned a thread about something nice into a platform to show their prejudices.

Fair play to the EFL but there's still a lot of work needed in soceity

Nick

Administrator
All in all, it's not a political message on the shirts now like BLM turned out to be (the name of it).

It's quite straight forward, no racism today or any day.

Makes perfect sense. There's a George Flloyd Thread if people want to go over old ground.

Nick

Administrator

Take it onto here.

Kieranp96

How should we go about addressing institutional racism then?

Just because a person is a criminal, doesn't mean they should be executed by the police.
And what about the people that are innocent, who are also killed or locked up or harassed by the police? How should they feel? How should we feel about that if they are family members, friends, important people in our communities, or just regular folk like us?
See everything mlk achieved? All that he done without violence protesting ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread