Not The Top 20 podcast (1 Viewer)

djr8369

Always good content. Just listened and they did caveat it around Hamer but thought it was a pretty fair assessment.

Interesting how bullish they were on Ipswich and they were more positive on Sunderland’s recruitment than ours which surprised me a little.

TomS91

Always good content. Just listened and they did caveat it around Hamer but thought it was a pretty fair assessment.

Interesting how bullish they were on Ipswich and they were more positive on Sunderland’s recruitment than ours which surprised me a little.
It feels mad to me that a team can finish 2nd in L1 and come up and finish 3rd without really strengthening the squad too much. But they're much more knowledgable than I am.

I like what Sunderland have done in theory, but a couple of players who are proven performers at this level, or even any professional level, might not harm them too much. I think they'll just miss out on playoffs myself.

covcity4life

Always do a good podcast

I remember the winter transfer window one last year where one of them said they like JWE and BNC alot and think it will push us into top 6

Obviously not solely down to them but they were right the loans helped especially BNC

Winny the Bish

Relegated teams in the Top 4

Promoted teams at the bottom

Ipswich in 3rd because McKenna is apparently Pep Guardiola reincarnate despite no major signings

Everyone else within 2 or 3 spots of where they finished last season because no one else has seemingly improved or gotten much worse

Winny the Bish

People saw Sunderland make the Playoffs last year and assume Ipswich can easily do it. Despite the fact they have no players as good as Amad or Clarke.

Skybluemichael

What are these people seeing in Sunderland just got a bunch of unproven kids and as they said two 20 year old centre backs, and Ipswich Chaplin and ladapo aren’t going to score as easy in the championship

djr8369

What are these people seeing in Sunderland just got a bunch of unproven kids and as they said two 20 year old centre backs, and Ipswich Chaplin and ladapo aren’t going to score as easy in the championship
With Ipswich seemed based on how good their stats were last season. Sunderland they seemed to have a bit more excitement for their singings compared to ours.

SeaSeeEffCee

TBF we've lost our top scorer and contributor, it's hardly a surprise

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I think 8th is fair enough for us, no qualms with that.

The insistence that Ipswich are going to be incredible and the continued backing of Sunderland as a force in this league is bizarre however.

Think they went far too low on Watford and Norwich as well.

SleepyGinger

They made the play offs last season with no strikers and no centre halves. I think they will be in and around the top 6 this year especially if Stewart stays fit.

Skybluemichael

With Ipswich seemed based on how good their stats were last season. Sunderland they seemed to have a bit more excitement for their singings compared to ours.
Coventry were world class in that league, it’s not an easy step up championship team aren’t going to sit back plus both strikers have been in this league before and not been that good. As for Sunderland I think it will be typical tony mowbray season the kid will burn out and drop off as the season goes on

Skybluemichael

They made the play offs last season with no strikers and no centre halves. I think they will be in and around the top 6 this year especially if Stewart stays fit.
Stewart is still away off from fitness, rumours of interest in Clarke/roberts and diallo/simms have left that’s there top 5 goal scorer

Hincha

Going to be incredibly competitive this year with loads of teams having good windows on paper or already being strong.

We're an unknown quantity, especially if we lose Hamer. Could just as easily see us replicating Luton and finishing 3rd or finishing 16th at this point.

hamil99

Facebook User
Why does it always feel like we get a bit shafted in these run downs. Not talking about the position they put us in but just the general chat about us. No mention of sakamoto or any of our central defender signings. Their run down of all the Plymouth signings was better than ours. Feels like we are just kind of tossed aside.

Users who are viewing this thread