not ready yet (1 Viewer)

simonregis

I personally don't think we are ready for promotion because I think we would come straight back down. A top 10 finish this season is good enough for me.
What we need then is to sell Maddison for 5 million and have him back for the season (next), sign Cole as player coach and start bringing through the youngsters.
Then next season aim for promotion and with 2 or 3 million to spend we will be in a far better position

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I personally don't think we are ready for promotion because I think we would come straight back down. A top 10 finish this season is good enough for me.
What we need then is to sell Maddison for 5 million and have him back for the season (next), sign Cole as player coach and start bringing through the youngsters.
Then next season aim for promotion and with 2 or 3 million to spend we will be in a far better position

Think what ever season we go up I would expect us to come straight back down,

Let's get promoted enjoy it, enjoy the build up to the following campaign & see what happens! In my opinion.

Would take a couple of years to yo yoing between divisions for a few years success.

Esoterica

Forget next season, I'm looking forward to 20 years time when we're mid-table in the Conference, playing at Butts Park in front of 2000 people and having just re-signed the 38 year old, ex England international Adam Armstrong from the recently amalgamated Sundercastle Hullborough. Reminiscing with those of us who are still alive saying 'Remember 2015 when we were actually in the top 6 for the first half of the league 1 season and this fella was banging them in for fun? Those were the days hey!'

ceetee

There have been other times (briefly alas) when I have contemplated promotion and thought we weren't good enough and perhaps it would be better to consolidate for the following season. I have changed my mind. Go up. Come down.Take the money and try again.

Samo

How can you claim we are not ready for promotion when you have no idea what our squad would look like? Silly post. Promotion is ALWAYS good.

Hobo

You are right we are not ready. But the revenue at Premier League and Championship level is so much greater than League 1.....I would take promotion all day long ready or not.

malkitccfc

Do you think Burton/Walsall/ Gillingham are thinking the same thing? Lets get out of this pathetic league ASAP

stevefloyd

I would take promotion purely for a vast majority of our younger fans to at last see a little success

Adge

Start bringing through the youngsters? You mean watching shit like Jordan Clark, Conor Thomas, Ryan Haynes,Bigi, Arron Phillips etc. Jesus-things have got desperate!

Gazolba

Utter rubbish! Next season we wont have Armstrong, Murphy or Maddison and maybe not Mowbray. And what makes you think the money from a Maddison sale will be available to sign new players? If we don't get promotion this season, I foresee another decade of failure ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread