Robinshio

have put in another thread

they are showing
Millwall
Sunderland
WBA games

WBA is certainly a strange choice

Grendel

It is certainly odd that we haven’t been shown much, probably on the assumption we aren’t a proper contender

Statistically we are most likely to be in the top 6 so it’s just assuming we will be there

Julie SBA

I sort of get it, Millwall is the big game that could involve lots of ups and downs and guarantees to have sobbing fans :)
Our game (for the neutral) only gets interesting is Boro take the lead and other results are going against us.

Still think its more worthy than WBA though

Happy_Martian

Said in the Championship thread that I doubted we would be picked. We're already in the playoffs (almost) whereas the other three games have the opportunity of 6th place, and maybe 5th if we screw up, to fight for.

And Sky don't like us for some reason. This is the worst season for us being shown live that we've had since being back in the Championship. Half sure we had more live games in our League One winning season than this.

Brighton Sky Blue

Said in the Championship thread that I doubted we would be picked. We're already in the playoffs (almost) whereas the other three games have the opportunity of 6th place, and maybe 5th if we screw up, to fight for.

And Sky don't like us for some reason. This is the worst season for us being shown live that we've had since being back in the Championship. Half sure we had more live games in our League One winning season than this.

Think pretty much every game we have been picked it’s mostly for the opposition.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Thank f**k for that. It seems Sky games and Mid-Cov game on iFollow has just changed today. Good news but bizarre why it was so late in the day before they announced it. I was panicking I was not going to be able to catch it? LASTPUSB!

Last edited:

Jesse Carver

Whats the iFollow quality like when plugging a laptop into a TV? Last time I tried (a few years ago) it was really choppy.

D_Boult

In reference to a couple of posts... what VPN is currently the top choice? Mine previous one seems to have been knobbled.

Happy_Martian

Thank f**k for that. It seems Sky games and Mid-Cov game on iFollow has just changed today. Good news but bizarre why it was so late in the day before they announced it. I was panicking I was not going to be able to catch it? LASTPUSB!

The likelihood is that they were waiting for last nights Huddersfield v Sheff Utd result to see if there were any relegation places still in doubt as Huddersfield play Reading on the last day. Now relegation is set, they've been able to choose playoff relevant games.

Astute

Was said earlier that two games were being shown. My choice was easy. Millwall v Blackburn and Preston v Sunderland. If I thought I should have chosen 3 games the next would have been WBA.

We're seen as on the finishing line already. So many permutations have us in the top 6. The other sides have to win to have a chance. We could lose and still reach the top 6.

Sounds like 3 games on and constant reporting between the 3. They will try and make it sound interesting. This totally depends on who scores first in the games.

Personally I want it to be as boring as possible. Continue with the top sides not winning most games.

Calista

Whats the iFollow quality like when plugging a laptop into a TV? Last time I tried (a few years ago) it was really choppy.
That's not really a question about iFollow itself. It's going to depend more on the specifics of your equipment (screen resolutions, type of sockets, cable connections etc.).

Happy_Martian

And not because of it being a game with two good sides?

In the past, I've have said yes. Our style hasn't changed but our number of live appearances has dropped. This does not count Red Button games where Sky screen all available games (I know Cov had requested some not be broadcast).

Here's a full list from this season (not including Carabao Cup or FA Cup):

1683289018288.png

Only 1 game shown before Xmas and 6 since. And the only "non-attractive" game was away at Wigan.

For comparison, Wigan have had 5 live appearances, Reading have had 10, QPR 8, Sunderland 18, Blackburn 20 and Burnley 17.

This EFL page gives all 2022/23 live appearances for all clubs which can be filtered.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It is certainly odd that we haven’t been shown much, probably on the assumption we aren’t a proper contender
This set of games the teams chosen have a bigger potential 'story', sneaking in at the last minute and the game more tense. Whereas our game we need to go behind for it to get interesting. And even then we might still get in.

Speedie's Head

This set of games the teams chosen have a bigger potential 'story', sneaking in at the last minute and the game more tense. Whereas our game we need to go behind for it to get interesting. And even then we might still get in.

You can bet if the shoe had been on the other foot we wouldn't have been on either. Truth is Blackburn and Sunderland are on week in and week out.

Frostie

In the past, I've have said yes. Our style hasn't changed but our number of live appearances has dropped. This does not count Red Button games where Sky screen all available games (I know Cov had requested some not be broadcast).

Here's a full list from this season (not including Carabao Cup or FA Cup):

View attachment 29373

Only 1 game shown before Xmas and 6 since. And the only "non-attractive" game was away at Wigan.

For comparison, Wigan have had 5 live appearances, Reading have had 10, QPR 8, Sunderland 18, Blackburn 20 and Burnley 17.

This EFL page gives all 2022/23 live appearances for all clubs which can be filtered.

20230505_193738.jpg

Paxman II

NORD VPN
It cost £10 for a month & you can cancel anytime with no obligation. It's one of the best.
Some free VPN's have been rumbled. You can't rumble NORD or EXPRESS vpn's due to the software they employ.

Astute

NORD VPN
It cost £10 for a month & you can cancel anytime with no obligation. It's one of the best.
Some free VPN's have been rumbled. You can't rumble NORD or EXPRESS vpn's due to the software they employ.
I use Express. Works how it should for nearly everything. But somehow Spotify can tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread