Not Interested in Spurs game (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

This is a major distraction alongside the JPt. A Wembley appearance is a possibility in one but in my view the bandwagon fans need to spend their money on home tickets and support the team at the Ricoh. How much to follow CIty in the JPT final? £100 plus by the time transport is paid.

Better to get down the Ricoh.

jon92

I enjoy going to the away games and seeing different grounds not like we get this chance every week

Flying Fokker

Good point, away games are often something special. But if you we're to consider bandwagon fans bringing their support to the RIcoh it would benefit us on the pitch.

aviles

15,000 + fans didnt benefit us on tuesday. They had a perfect opportunity to get similar attendances by stuffing shrewsbury and they missed their chance. I for one will carry on going to the home games but its fair to say we will not be getting another attendance like that this season. (unless we make the playoffs )

Otis

Not interested in the Spurs game, but very, very interested in the Preston JPT game. Really excited about that.

Am convinced our name is on the cup and to win that would be fantastic. Don't care if it's a tin pot cup or not. Money into the club, success and a massive feel good factor. And for those weren't around in 87, it will feel just as good as it did for us lot back then.

hill83

15,000 + fans didnt benefit us on tuesday. They had a perfect opportunity to get similar attendances by stuffing shrewsbury and they missed their chance. I for one will carry on going to the home games but its fair to say we will not be getting another attendance like that this season. (unless we make the playoffs )

15000+ fans did help us on Tuesday.
Financially.

jon92

I'm not on the bandwagon I'm a season ticket holder and had one since when I was a kid at highfield road

Sky Blue Sheepy

I don't get all this hatred of the Spurs game. It's a great day out and a chance of a cup upset. The Arsenal distraction didn't do us any harm and we won't be playing Spurs again in the next few years. Get of the high horses and enjoy an exciting cup match!

smileycov

Facebook User
This is a major distraction alongside the JPt. A Wembley appearance is a possibility in one but in my view the bandwagon fans need to spend their money on home tickets and support the team at the Ricoh. How much to follow CIty in the JPT final? £100 plus by the time transport is paid.

Better to get down the Ricoh.

Did we not sell around 4,500k to SEASON Ticket holders? Or are they the "Bandwagon fans"!

Otis

I don't get all this hatred of the Spurs game. It's a great day out and a chance of a cup upset. The Arsenal distraction didn't do us any harm and we won't be playing Spurs again in the next few years. Get of the high horses and enjoy an exciting cup match!

You're confusing hatred with disinterest, Sheepy.

We can win the JPT, we cannot win the FA Cup. The Spurs game is a distraction we could do without.

I would be very tempted to rest some players to avoid any potential injury myself.

I have no hatred of this game tomorrow, just can't get excited or be particularly arsed about it. I just want it out the way and for all the squad to be fit for the big game, which is Tuesday night.

Otis

Right.

Never ever heard about that at all.

So that's means we have two games in less than 3 days?

Swanny80

I'd rather we won at Carlisle than spurs by a long chalk!

spurs is a major distraction IMO. I'd rather we were getting our league form back on track in the originally scheduled game v tranmere

theferret

Don't be silly. People talk as if 15k is the biggest gate for a generation. It is less than last season's average. As long as we stay in the mix until the end of the season we'll have plenty of gates that beat that. Fall out of contention though and yes, it'll be 10K-11K all the way.

As for tomorrow, I'm going but really am not that interested. Don't know why, but for Stevenage and MK Dons I was well up for it, but this just seems like a chore.

hill83

Right.

Never ever heard about that at all.

So that's means we have two games in less than 3 days?

Game after that is on the Sunday. So no different than the game on Saturday at spurs to Tuesday.

covcity4life

whilst im more excited by the JPT and i have said so repeadidly, im not sure how people can say they dont care for the fa cup 3rd round match vs top prem team

hill83

I'm not that bothered about the spurs game. I'm sure it will be a good day out but I didn't get round to getting a ticket and I'm expecting a battering.

covcity4life

no im not hugely bothered about the result and im not going either

i wanted to get it out the way so i udnerstand what people are saying

its just this week as it gets closer its a cov game,and i realised its a shame that i lose that child like love of the potential upset,its coming back to me now(no doubt to be dashed by 5pm saturday)

ccfcway

Saturday feels a bit like a pre season friendly to me at the moment.

I simply cant wait until our 1st "semi final" in a very long time next week.

I want to go to a full Wembley and watch CCFC !!

stupot07

JPT and league are priority for me, not interested in the spurs game.

To behonest it doesn't help that we've already been hammered by Arsenal this season, kind of takes away the magic of a cup tie vs spurs.

covcity4life

yeh im hugely nervous for thursday

i have a bad feeling preston are gonna abruptly end our wembley dream

hope not!

valiant15

Id rather win saturday and get dumped out of that tin pot thing next week. How anyone can choose the paint pot trophy over the fa cup is beyond me.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I am very excited about the Spurs game. Whilst I've enjoyed seeing some of the more 'modest' grounds in recent seasons, going to a large, well-followed club is always a special occasion.

In terms of the context of the season, it's obviously of tertiary interest, behind both the Preston cup game, and most importantly the league games to come.

But sitting here right now, I can barely bloody wait. I'll need sedatives to sleep (of which alcohol is liable to prove the 'medicine' of choice...)

ccfcway

Id rather win saturday and get dumped out of that tin pot thing next week. How anyone can choose the paint pot trophy over the fa cup is beyond me.

A win over Spurs , only to lose in the 4th round to Barnsley away, or a win at Wembley, winning a trophy for the 1st time since the Ibiza Cup ;) and celebrating with 50k cov fans at Wembley, finally having a trophy in the cabinet to go along with the FA Cup in my lifetime

hmm

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Still don't understand why people going to the Spurs game are being labelled as bandwagoners (especially when around 95% of people going are season ticket and membership holders.) There were 5k at MK Dons, were they bandwagoners too? Football is about enjoying a day out and some fans (particularly younger fans) have never been to WHL and may not get another chance for a long long time. Sure everyone is expecting a loss but its the FA Cup and there is always a chance of an upset and if that happens it would probably be one of our greatest moments since beating Man Utd a few years back.

PUSB

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Plus, add in the fact most supporters are not interested and feel that Thursday and the Sunday are more important games to come. (I agree) so if fans want to go who dont normally let em! Some people moan for the sake of moaning!!

Black6Osprey

Don't be silly. People talk as if 15k is the biggest gate for a generation. It is less than last season's average. As long as we stay in the mix until the end of the season we'll have plenty of gates that beat that. Fall out of contention though and yes, it'll be 10K-11K all the way.

As for tomorrow, I'm going but really am not that interested. Don't know why, but for Stevenage and MK Dons I was well up for it, but this just seems like a chore.

Last season we had less than 15k about 14 times and when you look at the higher attendances normally they were higher because of the away support. Our home support was 13.5k last game and thats about as good its going to get in this league and about as good as it got last season apart from about 3 games. Even when we played West Ham and got 20.5k, 6.5k was away support (home support 14k).We will only get bigger crowds if the away support is bigger and in this league thats not going to happen too often.

theferret

So im an idiot for choosing the fa cup over the tin pot cup?

No, you're an idiot (I'm joking anyway) for not understanding why people see it as more of a priority. It isn't really about which is the most prestigious (that's a no-brainer), it's more about what is the most important for CCFC at this point. Yes, win at Spurs and we all dance our way out of WHL, but our exit from that competition wouldn't be far away.

Get to Wembley though, even in the JPT, and that would give everyone a lift. Financially it would be very welcome, but think of what it would do for our spirits. Think of those young kids of 8, 9, 10 whose experience of their local football club so far has been stuggle, mediocrity and relegation. Imagine what it would do for them to see their club play on that stage. I honestly don't see how anyone could prioritise an FA 3rd round tie over a Wembley final.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm looking forward to it, but, nowhere near as much as I was to the MK Dons games. I'd love it if we win, but I wouldn't be to bothered if we lost.

Hopefully we beat PNE in the JPT.

Users who are viewing this thread