Not good tonight (3 Viewers)

But the season still has a long way to go and time for clubs to move up and down the table :D

And have Barnsley not jumped up the table with their winning run?

The reply was about teams dropping points unexpectedly. They're not, whatever else could happen.

Otis

Yup, despite the odd bad result here and there, Gillingham, Burton and Walsall have all remained pretty consistent.

I keep looking and expecting Walsall to fail, but they don't. Thought they would have a really tough match last night at Doncaster, but they won again. They just keep doing enough and are so much more consistent than us.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

The Lurker

It was the Bradford 0-0 away straight after the gills game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Mowbary made too many changes for that game. We have just won 4-1 and he made 3 changes from a winning team. Starting with fortune instead of Kent was stupid. If we would have won that night we'd still be top now.

Astute

Yup, despite the odd bad result here and there, Gillingham, Burton and Walsall have all remained pretty consistent.

I keep looking and expecting Walsall to fail, but they don't. Thought they would have a really tough match last night at Doncaster, but they won again. They just keep doing enough and are so much more consistent than us.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Odd bad result is dropping unexpected points though.

23rd Jan Burton 1 Shrewsbury 2

30th Jan Rochdale 2 Burton 1

So that is within the last couple of weeks.

stupot07

Astute;1035695[b said:
]There is normally one club at least that falls away from the top of the table [/b]and one that climbs the table that wasn't considered for promotion. There is still a long way to go. All teams near the top have been dropping points unexpectedly. Whoever goes on a run will get promoted. If our defenders stop getting injured it could well be us.

That one club at the minute, appears to be us.

Still a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Yep, Burton have had a little wobble, but Walsall keep getting back into the top two and it's rather ominous that Wigan are closing in as well.

At the moment you would have to say we're the worst club in the top 6 or 7. We now need to have a drastic turnaround to have any chance of making the top 2 and we do now need teams above us to fail too.

stupot07

Still won 4 of their last 6 including beating us. And they weren't back to back defeats they beat Peterborough inbetween those games.

Last edited:

Otis

Isn't he just rooting for the underdog? It's not because it is Leicester. I'm sure he'd be saying the same thing if it was Southampton or Crystal Palace or Watford.

dynamoholbrooks

If you're a Cov fan you support the City and to hell with the rest although Otis is absolutely right - rather the underdog than the billionnaire.

Astute

Still won 4 of their last 6 including beating us. And they weren't back to back defeats they beat Peterborough inbetween those games.

Yes it is 4 wins out of the last 6. But it is also 2 defeats in the last 3 games. And one of them defeats was at home to a club just 1 point out of the bottom 4 and they have a GD of -15.

Do we look at our most recent form but stretch the games of the clubs near us to make their form look better?

The Lurker

Isn't he just rooting for the underdog? It's not because it is Leicester. I'm sure he'd be saying the same thing if it was Southampton or Crystal Palace or Watford.

If that was the case then Tottenham. Not leciester. I remember them asking for money on the pitch at half time against us in 2002. They cheated the system back then and now look where they are.

The Lurker

Me too. Leicester mean nothing to me as a rival. Vile are the only club in the world I hate

A rivalry which hasn't occurred in 15 years? Leciester been our main rivals since 2000 and makes me sick seeing how well there doing. Everyone with a love of cov will feel the same. Leciester always have and always will be our rivals

standupforcity

A rivalry which hasn't occurred in 15 years? Leciester been our main rivals since 2000 and makes me sick seeing how well there doing. Everyone with a love of cov will feel the same. Leciester always have and always will be our rivals

I feel sorry for you mate...you must be in pain with all that anger!!

Nick

Administrator

Do you actually have stomach pains and feel sick?

Can't say I'm that fussed, I would be if they were in our league.

Captain Dart

Personally think the Maddison transfer speculation was having a deeper effect than we could see, ironic our bad form came during the window! Now we have fleck back and defenders In and the Maddison situation is resolved I think you may see a change, yes we need another forward, but we also need both Cole and fleck in the starting 11 something that hasn't happened since Walsall! The season isn't over so let's see what we can do from now on! Preston and mk both had bad runs this time last season so let's make sure we get back in it like they did!

Get Vincelot & Fleck back in then the poor form should turn round. Does Hunt fitness allows him to cover Vincelot role adequately while Romain is suspended?

Captain Dart

Fair play to them, I hope they win the league.

Me too, the alternatives are Manure, Man Shitty, Arsenal, (outside bet Spurs).. its a no brainer, the change will be refreshing, break the mould and disappoint the moneybags.. and with Vardy smacking them in, I hope he can take that form to Euros.

chiefdave

We beat Port vale and Crewe in this awful 11 game run, but they were isolated wins. For me one win won't be enough change fans views, it will need a little run 2-3 wins in quick succession to move from doom and gloom.

Of course one win won't change everything but we need to start a run somewhere. While one win won't put everything right I fear another loss at the weekend, after the events of this week, could have a huge negative impact.

JimmyHillsbeard

It's agea since we played Leicester too, by this logic you should have moved on to hating Walsall.
I grew up at a time when Villa were the rivals - even if they never noticed. All the kids in my school who regularly went to football supported either City or Vile, if they didn't attend games they tended to support Liverpool or Manchester United or Leeds.

Don't think I met a Leicester fan until I was in my 20s, and they were more bothered about Forest and Derby than us.

I hope they win the league as it would send a fantastic signal to the rest of the football world but I'm not particularly bothered about any league or competition outside of league one tbh. On the other hand I still really hope that Villa are relegated.

stupot07

Yes it is 4 wins out of the last 6. But it is also 2 defeats in the last 3 games. And one of them defeats was at home to a club just 1 point out of the bottom 4 and they have a GD of -15.

Do we look at our most recent form but stretch the games of the clubs near us to make their form look better?

No we look at our form since the Gillingham game, that's 11 games and 11 points and just 2 wins. It's that long term poor form not the last 3 games that has seen a 12 point swing from us being top ahead by 3 to bring 5th and 9 points off Burton.

Rodders1

It's agea since we played Leicester too, by this logic you should have moved on to hating Walsall.
I grew up at a time when Villa were the rivals - even if they never noticed. All the kids in my school who regularly went to football supported either City or Vile, if they didn't attend games they tended to support Liverpool or Manchester United or Leeds.

Don't think I met a Leicester fan until I was in my 20s, and they were more bothered about Forest and Derby than us.

I hope they win the league as it would send a fantastic signal to the rest of the football world but I'm not particularly bothered about any league or competition outside of league one tbh. On the other hand I still really hope that Villa are relegated.

Try being a Cov fan living in Leicester. Hard to take their success! And God do I know about it.

I do generally want the underdog to win. But in this case no! I would love to see Spurs win it.

Swiftlyon

oh please do. We've been looking for someone to hate us forever. We try and hate everyone on the basis that one day it will be reciprocated but whilst we occasionally irritate people it is only ever a passing hate that soon moves on or back to more 'traditional' rivals.

Anyway, back to the thread. I think we'll be OK. With our cup run, weather postponements and pitches/conditions not suiting us, January looked incredibly tough but we managed to keep accumulating points. We dropped a few points along the way but managed to eek out results. Our game at your place was typical. You'd had a weekend off whilst we'd had an incredibly tough cup game at Brentford, it was a rough night weather wise on a tricky surface. We started slow but from somewhere found the spirit and energy to finish the stronger. Same last night. Not a lot to do with the style that won us the points at the start of the season. Just guts and spirit with a bit of skill thrown in.

i still expect Burton to falter and Wigan to come through. But been saying that for three months and neither has happened.

shmmeee

oh please do. We've been looking for someone to hate us forever. We try and hate everyone on the basis that one day it will be reciprocated but whilst we occasionally irritate people it is only ever a passing hate that soon moves on or back to more 'traditional' rivals.

Anyway, back to the thread. I think we'll be OK. With our cup run, weather postponements and pitches/conditions not suiting us, January looked incredibly tough but we managed to keep accumulating points. We dropped a few points along the way but managed to eek out results. Our game at your place was typical. You'd had a weekend off whilst we'd had an incredibly tough cup game at Brentford, it was a rough night weather wise on a tricky surface. We started slow but from somewhere found the spirit and energy to finish the stronger. Same last night. Not a lot to do with the style that won us the points at the start of the season. Just guts and spirit with a bit of skill thrown in.

i still expect Burton to falter and Wigan to come through. But been saying that for three months and neither has happened.

That's what it takes to get out of this league though. That's why I decided when I saw us play you that we weren't going up this season, we just didn't want it enough.

Users who are viewing this thread