Not going to trawl all the other forums, but I'll start with... (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I thought Blackpool would be in danger this season anyway before they lost Bowler.

Just a massive downgrade in manager there.

Just focussing on us now though, we need wins on the board and get away from 24th/bottom 3 asap before it puts a cloud on our season.

torchomatic

I thought Blackpool would be in danger this season anyway before they lost Bowler.

Just a massive downgrade in manager there.

Just focussing on us now though, we need wins on the board and get away from 24th/bottom 3 asap before it puts a cloud on our season.

Worryingly there are only 42 games and 8 months left of the season.

Liquid Gold

Worryingly there are only 42 games and 8 months left of the season.
I know we've got plenty of time.

next two look tough though and then we're looking at a good run of 3/4 wins to get us clear of the bottom 3.

We need to get those wins on the board asap so we're not going into the World Cup break sitting uncomfortably.

Liquid Gold

There's definitely 3 worse teams than us.

The bookies think there are about 7.

It's going to be a long season and a real struggle at times (like now!) but I don't see us being relegated.
Putting us back in nice comfy 17th

Reactions: PVA

clint van damme

It's going to be a long season and a real struggle at times (like now!) but I don't see us being relegated.

Yeah, bit of perspective needed.
It's shit that the owners haven't tried to push the club on but I think k talk of relegation is just doom mongering, at least this season.

clint van damme

Why the sadness then, we’d have killed for that any other season in the last 10 years wouldn’t we? Even before the start of last season we would have been happy

Probably because we had the chance to improve further.
I'm sticking with my prediction of 12th to 16th but I'm still disappointed with everything that's gone on, or hasn't as the case may be, since January.

Liquid Gold

Probably because we had the chance to improve further.
I'm sticking with my prediction of 12th to 16th but I'm still disappointed with everything that's gone on, or hasn't as the case may be, since January.
I said 14th but I reckon 16/17th is about right now.

Just feel like we'll look at this as a missed opportunity down the line. More pissed off that we didn't go for it in Jan more than the summer tbh.

1234CCFC

What a refreshingly positive Thread... have you all knocked your head today?! Slow start due to the pitch issues with a long long season ahead to climb up that table!

SeaSeeEffCee

We won’t have played our games in hand until January. We’re going to be behind for over half the season and it’s hard to know what psychological damage a bad run and being in the relegation zone and X points from safety will do to the squad. Our run of games is brutal now, we need to pick up some unexpected wins from somewhere else the gap is only going to widen. I’d snap your hand off for 21st if offered now.

alexccfc99

I think I’m getting past the point of caring if I’m honest - Our fans toxicity in person and online towards those who don’t spit their dummy out because we didn’t sign X amount of players over the summer is making CCFC pretty much a chore at the moment for me

Feels like we’re headed back to the Sixfields days

shmmeee

Only reason our fans are annoyed is because they all predicted us to be top 6. We’ll be mid table which is an accurate reflection of our squad. Same as last season

Nah it’s because the summer has been a disaster. Missed all our targets, scraped around for kids, had to sell a player under the manager with no time to replace, didn’t have a pitch. Seemingly rejected bids that would’ve meant we could pay debts and rebuild.

Liquid Gold

I think I’m getting past the point of caring if I’m honest - Our fans toxicity in person and online towards those who don’t spit their dummy out because we didn’t sign X amount of players over the summer is making CCFC pretty much a chore at the moment for me

There was fuck all negativity at the arena on Wednesday even though the football was shocking.

theferret

Stop using the word toxic as I'm not sure you know what it means.

So far everyone in this thread has predicted we'll stay up, and crowd firmly behind the team Wednesday. So toxic! If anyone is being unduly negative it is you. Cheer up.

Flying Fokker

I know we've got plenty of time.

next two look tough though and then we're looking at a good run of 3/4 wins to get us clear of the bottom 3.

We need to get those wins on the board asap so we're not going into the World Cup break sitting uncomfortably.
Forest looked a bit wayward first half of last season…However, it would be great to win a couple of games both home and away.

steve cooper

Not too worried ATM. Some of the uncertainty has gone away with the window closing. We screwed up 2 of our 4 games, we never do any good against Preston. When O'Hare comes back we should have a team as good as last season. The longer we don't play our games in hand the longer we have a fall-back. As long as we stay in touch, we will be ok.

mark82

Just looked on SkyBet. We're currently 11th favourite for relegation.

usskyblue

Doesn’t that make us 13th best bet to be in the top 3?

Hang on m8, working on it..

200.gif

slowpoke

We won’t have played our games in hand until January. We’re going to be behind for over half the season and it’s hard to know what psychological damage a bad run and being in the relegation zone and X points from safety will do to the squad. Our run of games is brutal now, we need to pick up some unexpected wins from somewhere else the gap is only going to widen. I’d snap your hand off for 21st if offered now.
That’s okay our new owner will finance a transfer splurge and we’ll do a Forest and rocket up the division.

Users who are viewing this thread