Not enough black managers in football? (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

If there was a long and storied history of prejudice and ill-treatment of big nosed or fat people it would.

Macca

If there was a long and storied history of prejudice and ill-treatment of big nosed or fat people it would.

Not known for my sensitivity admittedly but the sooner the victim mentality goes as well as the discrimination things will improve

Grendel

How many club chairman do you know? And what are you basing this on? Or is it just a sweeping generalisation based on what you read in the papers?

Out of interest like.

Just makes me laugh people who make points about discrimination when being discriminating themselves.

Out of interest if minorities do not fear reprisals do you think that there are any gay footballers and if so why have they not come out? What about the opinions of Karen Brady and Delia Smith regarding our liberal elite in the boardroom?

I know one ex director of a League club by the way. Why how many do you know?

LastGarrison

None.

Hence me not being in the position to say they are generally not the most liberal in society and that they are old school.

Put me down as an open minded fool.

Paxman II

I was taking over a restaurant chain in Texas back in the early 90's and the guy selling said to me he had to fire one of his managers because he was black.
I suggested the guy was really nice, good at his jobe etc but he countered that since hiring him in the first place (so he was not racist) the business had begun to suffer from poor attendances and profits were on the slide.
The reason was that many people simply refused to go there as the black managers presence was 'encouraging' more blacks to frequent the restaurant (and eat all the cat fish!)

It was simple and good logic and difficult to argue with.

What would you do given that your very livelyhood depended on it and the livelyhood of all 40 staff you employed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread