Not confident (1 Viewer)

archieboy

Another season of shite and struggling is how I'm feeling at the moment, I guess at 4 points from the first 9 and season over by Christmas, the buzz I did feel at the end of the season and mowbray's appointment have really gone a bit flat now. Need a morale boost quick!

Samo

Misery guts.

shy_tall_knight

hopefully TM will bring some stability to the squad and prevent the revolving door of short-term loans, short-term contracts coming and going which has blighted the club for the last few seasons. Club seems to be moving in the right direction but this may not be fast enough for some, I'm cautiously optimistic.

standupforcity

Another season of shite and struggling is how I'm feeling at the moment, I guess at 4 points from the first 9 and season over by Christmas, the buzz I did feel at the end of the season and mowbray's appointment have really gone a bit flat now. Need a morale boost quick!

Have you bought your ST yet? That might help....

archieboy

Have you bought your ST yet? That might help....
I have mate, got it week after crawley, think it's my 29th one on the bounce, I know he's a bit miserable looking but after watching TM's interview outside the shop on SSN I think he's finding it harder than he thought, happy to be proved wrong though!

Kingokings204

Another season of shite and struggling is how I'm feeling at the moment, I guess at 4 points from the first 9 and season over by Christmas, the buzz I did feel at the end of the season and mowbray's appointment have really gone a bit flat now. Need a morale boost quick!

I hear what you're saying completely. I know some still think it's too early well I did also but now tomorrow is the 6th July and we barely have a team for the training pitch. The longer this rumbles on the longer we become a Blackpool case like last season and pick up the scraps like Madine who is awful and delfounso who is worse.that was last year Blackpool front line. Awful.

I love mowbray and let's face it we should be league 2 this year thanks to Pressley and us Playing the "Coventry way" (still makes me laugh)

We need signings quick and of quality. Has anyone else in this league not signed one new face yet like us? Genuinely I don't know.

I'm extremely worried but still hopeful. TM isn't a mug and I will give it 2 more weeks before setting up camp at ryton.

Let's face it we need around 6-7 new players. A goalkeeper, a couple of top strikers. A couple of midfielders and a couple of defenders.

stupot07

Madine who is so awful, Bolton have signed him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

matesx

"Let's face it we need
around 6-7 new players. A goalkeeper, a couple of top strikers. A couple of midfielders and a couple of defenders"

Too bad you are not our manager. Easy innit?

Last edited:

Kingokings204

"Let's face it we need
around 6-7 new players. A goalkeeper, a couple of top strikers. A couple of midfielders and a couple of defenders"

Too bad you are not our manager. Easy innit?

Not too sure what you're saying. What you have quoted me on is true. Reading the comments on here most would agree.

I never said it was easy so your reply post is strange.

stupot07

He wasn't awful and he didn't join Blackpool until January on loan. So your point that Blackpool waited until the 6th July and signed Madine and delfouneso is wrong.

Our best striker last season ward Samuel and he was loan and wasn't here for pre season.

I do with your general point, however, I don't feel as we're being left behind. How many league one signings have clubs made so far that you can genuinely hold your hand up and say we dearly missed out by not signing them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Kingokings204

He wasn't awful and he didn't join Blackpool until January on loan. So your point that Blackpool waited until the 6th July and signed Madine and delfouneso is wrong.

Our best striker last season ward Samuel and he was loan and wasn't here for pre season.

I do with your general point, however, I don't feel as we're being left behind. How many league one signings have clubs made so far that you can genuinely hold your hand up and say we dearly missed out by not signing them?

Yes And I agree with your last point. Maybe 1 or 2 have passed that I would of liked but in the main yes I agree.

As for Madine just to clear it up as it seems I didn't make myself clear so apologies. I know Madine didn't sign until January as he was with us and I fully remember being a eye witness to his awful penalty at yeovil in his last game for us and he couldn't give a shit and showed with his penalty miss.

Madine in my opinion is an awful player. Look at his record, whilst at Carlisle he was loaned out 3 times to mighty Rochdale, chesterfield and us. Rochdale and chesterfield being league below. Then at Sheffield Wednesday he was loaned out 3 times again to Carlisle us and Blackpool as discussed. Not to mention off the pitch baggage such as numerous assault convictions and a known trouble maker. Now snapped up by a lower end championship club as their 3rd or 4th choice striker and clearly looking at his track record will be loaned out at least 3 times. No not for me.

simonregis

I have mate, got it week after crawley, think it's my 29th one on the bounce, I know he's a bit miserable looking but after watching TM's interview outside the shop on SSN I think he's finding it harder than he thought, happy to be proved wrong though!

Archie me olde mate. You joined this site 2010 and this is your 3rd post? and 1st thread? Which year you on about? And come to that which manager you on about?

shy_tall_knight

what worries me is our inability to bring in quality strikers, since leon left in Jan 2014 we have brought in Samuel and the rest have been very poor.

Kingokings204

So you'd be disappointed and not count Samuel or Grant as new signings if we're lucky enough to get them back?

No as I'm not disappointed by stokes. Stokes is a decent player who wouldn't command a big wage for someone who can't afford big wages like us.

I would love them two players back and Pennington for that matter but they would just be loans again which is fine btw but fans on here want to see signings and fresh blood. There are big gaps to fill.

stupot07

I'm not saying I would want to sign Madine, but his record in league one is good (2010/11 onward, aged 20).He was loaned out a number of times by Carlisle because he was a kid coming through, he was just 19 when he came to us the first time.

I thought he looked promising when he joined, but then pressley changed to a 451, played nouble on the left and Madine was left isolated.

Sick Boy

Do you work for the Wasps' Telegraph?

stupot07

No as I'm not disappointed by stokes. Stokes is a decent player who wouldn't command a big wage for someone who can't afford big wages like us.

I would love them two players back and Pennington for that matter but they would just be loans again which is fine btw but fans on here want to see signings and fresh blood. There are big gaps to fill.

Agreed. We just have to trust TM, it took an age for him to sign due to him getting assurances and commitments from Sisu, so we have to assume he is in control of the budget and recruitment.

Kingokings204

Agreed. We just have to trust TM, it took an age for him to sign due to him getting assurances and commitments from Sisu, so we have to assume he is in control of the budget and recruitment.

Yes I do trust him as well. You could argue he is our best signing of the summer already.

BornSlippySkyBlue

what worries me is our inability to bring in quality strikers, since leon left in Jan 2014 we have brought in Samuel and the rest have been very poor.

Good strikers only go to league 1 clubs that can afford to compensate them for being in said division.

We end up with league 1 level strikers. Or those with baggage, because that's what we can afford.

skybluebeduff

Having no faith in SISU is standard, expectations whilst they remain should never change from the previous years of failures. Is it much of a coincidence that we have only signed 1 player before the court date? You know it.

Sick Boy

Having no faith in SISU is standard, expectations whilst they remain should never change from the previous years of failures. Is it much of a coincidence that we have only signed 1 player before the court date? You know it.

To be fair they done well to get in Mowbray and I doubt he is cheap. A lot on here were claiming he would be off after his initial contract at the club.

skybluebeduff

To be fair they done well to get in Mowbray and I doubt he is cheap. A lot on here were claiming he would be off after his initial contract at the club.

A man without tools can't do his job, rinse and repeat with SISU, they never back their man. That's my opinion anyway.

Sky Blue Kid

SISU could promise TM the world, but if come the 7/8th July and they lose the JR, they could liquidate the Football Club. Where would TM stand then? Anyone thought why we haven't signed any new players yet? Of course you all have, but have never tied it into the JR have you!

chiefdave

SISU could promise TM the world, but if come the 7/8th July and they lose the JR, they could liquidate the Football Club.

Why would they liquidate the club? As poor a state as the club is in would it not be worth more as a going concern than selling off any assets which seem pretty much limited to Ryton these days. And of course the value of Ryton is impacted by the council saying redevelopment for housing would not be allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread