Norwood (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Someone tweeted Norwood. Asking him if we stay up any chance of another loan deal for next season. Norwood retweeted it !

kg82

It's obvious he likes it here and he's probably thinking he won't feature at Utd next season. Be great if we could - providing we stay up that is!

Yorkshire SB

Though the situation regarding another loan deal next season seems black and white, I feel United will want to push Norwood further. If he's going to ever make it into the United team then he needs a PL loan deal, much like the cleverly situation at Wigan

dongonzalos

Though the situation regarding another loan deal next season seems black and white, I feel United will want to push Norwood further. If he's going to ever make it into the United team then he needs a PL loan deal, much like the cleverly situation at Wigan

very good point, personally I think he would develop better playing pivotal role playing for a passing team like cov. However u could be right utd may see it differently and he ends up at Bolton etc...

skablue

According to transfermarkt.co.uk his contract with United expires on the 30.6.2012, so providing this information is correct and he doesn't get offered a new deal by United then he would be a free agent this summer.

dongonzalos

I hope you are not suggesting paying wages for him!

If we go by the ratios of last summer we would have to sell and/or release 3 players in order to pay wages for a new player! :)

skyblue1523

if we got norwood at end of seasons it would be one of the best signings we made in a long time. we could start that three year prem deal again lol

If we stay in the league and If the takeover happens and If Thorn remains manager and If Firgy recons its the right deal (Notice all the ifs) Norwood would come back in a heartbeat I feel. I think we need to focus on Peterborogh first though!

Otis

Is it possible to push him any further than being with a table topping Championship side next season you think?;)

skablue

If the accounts are filed and funding is in place for next season then the transfer embargo will be lifted, which, would be a good starting point. Then some cash to pay his wages and a fee would be payable to United due to his age, much like the deal that Gunnar went to Cardiff on. With SISU in charge I think the possibility of all this happening is as likely as Fat Freddie winning slimmer of the year.

kg82

If the accounts are filed and funding is in place for next season then the transfer embargo will be lifted, which, would be a good starting point. Then some cash to pay his wages and a fee would be payable to United due to his age, much like the deal that Gunnar went to Cardiff on. With SISU in charge I think the possibility of all this happening is as likely as Fat Freddie winning slimmer of the year.

Well, you have to be fat first for that to happen, so he's started well!

EleanorRigby

Trouble is Fergy is a wiley old fox and may push Norwood to go to a lower prem team, Bolton, Norwich, Swansea someone like that to get prem experience. As i see it he ain't that far behind Cleverly just lacks a bit of experience.

rob9872

I think we need a song for him from the terraces. Let him know what we think of him and that we want him to stay - it might just sway it. Also may convince one or two of the others to stay too.

EleanorRigby

I am sure Norwood himself will want to stay, but breaking into the United first team squad has to be his goal and there are options there with Scholes and Giggs in their late 30s. If we can get him on a season loan that would be a real coup.

CCFC123

Norwood will be on utds bench now and again next season his that good. Not even worth talking about him staying. Better than us and better than the championship.

Guy will be a very good player...

rob9872

Tbf as much as I like him he's a couple of years ahead of our kids in the team and its a vast difference between low end Championship and challenging for the Premiership. We've seen that gulf from people scoring in the lower divisions that can't step up to even the Championship. I hope he does progress but I'm sure they know what they're looking for and the gulf may be too big at least at this stage.

J

Jack Griffin

Cleverly played 40 games in the championship for Leicester & Watford before going to Wigan.

@richh87

I think Norwood's great but lacks the physique for being a really top player. Lower-end Premiership will be about his level I think.

Yorkshire SB

Cleverly played 40 games in the championship for Leicester & Watford before going to Wigan.

So you're suggesting he played 80 games (or there abouts) in the Championship? Pretty sure Cleverly was at Leicester during their time in League 1 and only for about half a season, then the following season went to Watford in the Championship. If you think norwood was at carlisle, then scunny, then us. By the time he's finished here, he will have virtually the same amount of experience at the various levels as Cleverly did. Therefore I think Fergie will want to push him further to get the best of out him, as he did Cleverly. I'd love to be proved wrong and have him for another year, but it would surprise me.

Astute

I think Norwood's great but lacks the physique for being a really top player. Lower-end Premiership will be about his level I think.

It is hard to say until he stops developing as a player. Wise wasn't that big. Neither is Messi. That cheat Diego is only small, although not that small now.

Astute

So you're suggesting he played 80 games (or there abouts) in the Championship? Pretty sure Cleverly was at Leicester during their time in League 1 and only for about half a season, then the following season went to Watford in the Championship. If you think norwood was at carlisle, then scunny, then us. By the time he's finished here, he will have virtually the same amount of experience at the various levels as Cleverly did. Therefore I think Fergie will want to push him further to get the best of out him, as he did Cleverly. I'd love to be proved wrong and have him for another year, but it would surprise me.

When we are confirmed as staying in the Championship and having AT as manager we have a chance of keeping him on loan. Fergie would know he would be getting games and also playing in a passing team.

AT is a respected scout. If he keeps us up this season and playing the passing game he will be respected as a manager also.

Macca

I think this is where we go wrong as a nation when it comes to bringing players through. Physical strength first, skill and ability second. Bearing in mind you can get a free kick for being tickled with a feather I'm not sure size and strength is all that relevant anymore

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
His strength will come with playing games .......... but i dont think size stopped the likes of Messi, Modric, Silva etc ....... not in that class obviously but he has time to develop and could become a MUFC regular in that time - is kind of getting to a fork in the road when he has to decide the direction he takes

Gaz

He is a long way off the first team at United, so I don't see why we couldn't get him again for a while next season.

shmmeee

From the Mirror report of the Hull game: "Norwood has another year on his contract at Old Trafford and said the spell scrapping with the Sky Blues can only help his career."

Remember he was on loan in a lower league before us so a full season at Champ level would still be a step up in his development.

EDIT: Must read whole thread before posting, I see this has been discussed

Yorkshire SB

Whatever you say physique is incredibly important unless you're a world class player. For centre midfield in the premier league you need to be a dynamic player, e.g. the gerrard mould, strong, powerful runner who's capable of going box to box. The exceptions are the top top players, the paul scholes' of this world if you like

stupot07

To be fair Danny Drinkwater went to Huddlesfield, Cardiff, Watford and Barnsley on loan and then United let him go to Leicester on a permanent transfer.

skyblueinBaku

He is at a good age to build strength and stamina. Our strength and conditioning coach will be able to help him..................oh! I forgot we don't have one.

Users who are viewing this thread