Norwood today (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Surely will start? May make all the difference imo.

Not expecting anything from the game this time... probably a good thing to lower expectation!

Thinking about the last couple of games at Blackpool and Ipswich disaster I think if I had any pride I would sure as hell not want to lose this one!
Lets hope the players feel that way...

Otis

All the difference? The lad who had been playing at Scunthorpe? Hmmm, not so sure.

Be great if he was, but not expecting too much from the young lad.

Besides, the following facts do not bode well at all ......

Reading

• The Royals, have won six of their last eight Championship matches and are two places and two points outside the play-offs..

• They have the second best defence in the division, and have claimed an unequalled 11 points from the nine matches in which more than a single goal was conceded.

• Reading and Cardiff are the only clubs not to have had a player sent off in a Championship game this term.

Coventry City

• Rock-bottom Coventry, seven points from safety, have lost 11 of 15 league games including the last two, and the last seven on the road.

• They are the only club without a win and a clean sheet away from home in the Championship, and have dropped 39 points on their travels, bagging just three.

• The Sky Blues have scored only seven away league goals, and never more than one in a game.

All points to a defeat. Let's hope we can get something ...... anything from the game.

Otis

Also could be a disastrous day for us all round, for I fully expect both Forest (at home to Watford) and Millwall (at home to Derby), to get something from their games today.

Could be 8 points adrift of safety, if not more by 5 p.m. this evening.

Was optimistic on picking points up at Brighton away and Peterborough away and Derby away and possibly Blackpool away, but have a bad feeling about today. All points to a home victory. Maybe those two new strikers we didn't sign will do the trick for us this afternoon.

pusbccfc

What scares me is our quickest player cyrus is out, with their kebe, who is the quickest player in the championship back for them!

Covstu

All the difference? The lad who had been playing at Scunthorpe? Hmmm, not so sure.

Be great if he was, but not expecting too much from the young lad.

Besides, the following facts do not bode well at all ......

Reading

• The Royals, have won six of their last eight Championship matches and are two places and two points outside the play-offs..

• They have the second best defence in the division, and have claimed an unequalled 11 points from the nine matches in which more than a single goal was conceded.

• Reading and Cardiff are the only clubs not to have had a player sent off in a Championship game this term.

Coventry City

• Rock-bottom Coventry, seven points from safety, have lost 11 of 15 league games including the last two, and the last seven on the road.

• They are the only club without a win and a clean sheet away from home in the Championship, and have dropped 39 points on their travels, bagging just three.

• The Sky Blues have scored only seven away league goals, and never more than one in a game.

All points to a defeat. Let's hope we can get something ...... anything from the game.

normally when a team is having stats like this and plays Cov they win so hopefully we can turn this around! or maybe not.....

Otis

Would be fantastic if we did.

To be quite honest, even a draw would be fantastic if we managed it. Draws don't help us much though do they. We need wins.

coop

Well I'm looking forward to the game I just hope the lads get going from the off and work there socks off and pull off an unlikely win

Otis

Well if you fancy it Coop, you can get 7/1 on a Cov win.

Surely worth a couple of grand of your money?

coop

Good price but like every other city fan not that optimistic really.I'll have bet in the ground.

Otis

Tis a very good price.

If it were another game at that price I might be tempted. However, I can only see a Reading win.

Think the one thing in our favour is that their game last week was called off and sometimes teams are a little rusty after a break. Think our only hope is if we catch them cold and go a couple of goals up early.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Just as long a they don't score their winner in the last 5 minutes of the game I'll be happy, all this flirting with getting 3 point followed by getting nothing is doing me my mood no good at all.

If we're going to loss I rather not do it from a winning position, it just makes it worse.

Otis

Agree.

If we are two goals down I can always turn the radio off.

Hanging on to leads with just minutes remaining builds up your hope and cranks up the tension. The deflation is then all the bigger when we go on and lose.

PhilWasn'tBabb

I believe we've lost something like 30 plus point from a winning or drawing position having scored a goal. With states like that we more than deserve to be in the position we are.

Users who are viewing this thread