Norwood to Barnsley? (1 Viewer)

Let's take sky blue tinted glasses off. You are a young footballer, released by a big Club. You enjoyed a spell at a relegated Championship club for the latter part of the previous season. They are willing and able (entering the realms of complete bollocks here, by the way) to match the offer on the table from a club which will not be plying its trade in League 1, but back in the Championship. You join the Championship club. If there was any choice to be made, he would want to play for Barnsley in the league above us.

And LBB, we would sell more season tickets if Thorn resigned now? I wouldn't be any more excited about the start of the season following a team with one fewer member of backroom staff. It is not obligatory to slag Thorn off at most every opportunity in the closed season... wait until the League kicks off and you disagree with tactics, comments, etc. At the moment, we have not got a physio and are not looking like we will make any signings before the start of the season (who knows, I would be more surprised if we did than if we didn't). Worry about the bigger picture right now; when the season is about to start, we can get back to the same old back and forth which characterised so many threads on this site from disillusioned fans who all support the same team.

gally9

Mate just told me he's heard he's agreed to join us earlier today.. Just the fee to sort out.. Probably bullshit, but he did get a scoop when lee carsley signed.. Fingers crossed

dongonzalos

Dongonzalos, this is what you said. Don't move the goalposts. "Their announcement about bounce budgets to snare the 5000."
There are so many sick notes on here, all looking for excuses. Supporters my arse. All making 'informed decisions.' Yeah right. Fair weathers more like it.

Snoz when someone says after re reading what they posted that they should have included the word attempt then maybe you should listen to them.

Also did I say the bit about the hardcore fans buying tickets no matter what above it, or in my smugness am I imaging that bit.

PVA

Barnsley and huddersfield have offered contracts to Norwood and he is expected to decide today.

ccfcway

Dongonzalos, this is what you said. Don't move the goalposts. "Their announcement about bounce budgets to snare the 5000."
There are so many sick notes on here, all looking for excuses. Supporters my arse. All making 'informed decisions.' Yeah right. Fair weathers more like it.

Well, I am awaiting for them to come good on their promises before my "informed decision" about buying a season ticket.

I will be spending over £5k supporting my team away this season, and if poeple are allowed to say "dont make those who have bought season tickets feel guilty", then I can say "dont call those who havent bought season tickets fairweather fans".

Perhaps others, like myself are completly sick of SISU and the way they run OUR club !

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting that Barnsley boss now saying "we have done all we can to convince Norwood, it's up to him and his family what is best".

grego_gee

Interestingly @ http://www.football365.com/manchester-united/7851182/Hill-Ball-in-Norwood-s-court? we can see FFP coiming to bear. Barnsleys boss says "We've offered good terms within our budget; there isn't any more we could have done."
Seems to me in future players will be making judgements on who they play for on issues other than salary. - the pull of a big arena like the ricoh and existing squad members will mean more - but there will still be a gulf between what a championship club can offer compared to a L1 club?
I found much more on FFP here http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php
and here http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

:pimp:

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I like Newsnow's page. In reverse order:

In the last hour
FUK.gif
Coventry City back in the race for Oliver Norwood Coventry Telegraph 17:27

FUK.gif
News: Coventry city target Oliver Norwood signs for Huddersfield Town Coventry Telegraph 17:27

That's a race so quick it'd put Usain Bolt to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread