Norwood, new Scholes? (1 Viewer)

UnitedScholesy

Hi everyone,
I am Manchester United fan and have interest in our young players.

My favourite young player is Norwood because he is a special passing player and his brain is special. He is very similar to Scholes as he can be just as effective playmaker.

I know this is a huge comparison but I think he is very special player. What do you think? ? And also, has he been playing as the deepest of the 2 central midfielders or further forward?

I enjoy reading your match reports and ratings

torchomatic

I think he had yet another good game. His passing is fantastic and effortless. He can make a 60 yard pass look easy. I would love to have him here next season, but that won't happen unfortunatey.

DukeOfCov

Hi everyone,
I am Manchester United fan and have interest in our young players.

My favourite young player is Norwood because he is a special passing player and his brain is special. He is very similar to Scholes as he can be just as effective playmaker.

I know this is a huge comparison but I think he is very special player. What do you think? ? And also, has he been playing as the deepest of the 2 central midfielders or further forward?

I enjoy reading your match reports and ratings

Would definately like to keep him here for another season, doing a stirling job for us...

jabharty

Fergie came to the right game for his sake, and the wrong game for ours. He won't let Norwood out of his sight now.
And, yes, he has the potential to be a top class player, and there will be a time when we will reminisce on his time here.

UnitedScholesy

Do you think he could play in the premier league, I would like to see with a team like swansea, next season on loan and then to start with United the season after. Do you think he has the same talent as Scholes?

scroobiustom

Actually was saying this at lunchtime, I think he will be a superstar.

Northern Ireland's answer to George Best? :whistle:

WillieStanley

One word. Passion.He has it in abundance. He has the brain and skill to back it up. He can be everything that Scholes is, and as a bonus, he's not as rash off the ball. He's adopted our club as if it were his own and plays for the shirt. Definately one of the best loanees we've had at the club. We'll take him. Thanks UnitedScholesy!!

UnitedScholesy

One word. Passion.He has it in abundance. He has the brain and skill to back it up. He can be everything that Scholes is, and as a bonus, he's not as rash off the ball. He's adopted our club as if it were his own and plays for the shirt. Definately one of the best loanees we've had at the club. We'll take him. Thanks UnitedScholesy!!

He has always had good mentality. My worry with his was that he was quite slow at running and lacked stamina. But now he has been playing consistently in the Championship which is quite physical so hopefully he has improved this.

WillieStanley

Do you think he could play in the premier league, I would like to see with a team like swansea, next season on loan and then to start with United the season after. Do you think he has the same talent as Scholes?

I think that's probably the right route for him. I'd love to have him back for another season, but next season at a lower Prem team could elevate him as it did young Sturridge.

torchomatic

Definitely. He is a great talent. The good thing is that Olly seems to care about us, he really puts a shift in and when he's scored his goals you'd thing he was a City player. Nothing but praise for him.

stupot07

He's a good young prospect but not ready for utd's first team. He has a great range of passing however he gets caught defensively at times. Another season in the championship would do him a world of good.

W

westcountry_skyblue

There's some thick fookers on here,castlevale give him a few minutes!!!Oh and by the way all my Bristol city mates think theyve won promotion tonight Lets show them on monday PUSB!!!
Wow, what club have you been watching?
Or were you describing most of Liverpool's midfielders?

Last edited by a moderator:

UnitedScholesy

thanks for your opinions. I have a terrible fear Ferguson will let him go but I hope not (he let go Giueseppe Rossi too easily and is now worth £30M), in one way I want Scholes to retire so Norwood plays. I see the future United midfield trio of Cleverley, Norwood and Jones(as the holding player and captain) to be the best United midfield in 20 years and very similar to Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets.

Does Norwood take the corners and f kicks? ?
Does he often look like the slowest player on the field?

ccfcdan

The two passes he made for our Penalty and in the build up to the equaliser were top draw, id say prem standard. His work rate is superb and seems to love playing for the shirt.Shame he will be going at the end of the season.Without doubt going to be a quality premier league player.

UnitedScholesy

We have had Rafael and Park playing in central midfield this season and Ferguson did not give the chance to Pogba who is clearly ready to play. He will always pick Carrick and then so there is Scholes, Giggs, Cleverley, Anderson and Pogba fighting for one position or two if we play 4-3-3. Norwood being here next season would mean his development and fitness to go backwards because Ferguson would play him back in the reserves so he must stay out on loan somewhere. Our squad is too big. If I was manager, he would start for Man Utd but Ferguson has strange and so frustrating selection politics, it is depressing.
His contract I think is up in summer 2012. I think there is only a 50% chance he will get a new one because no one in the United fans mention him or talk about him. He is very underated at United. I don't know if a Premier League team would sign him. I think he could stay at Coventry for good but really hope not

skyblueinBaku

I think he could stay at Coventry for good but really hope not
I hope that he does stay here. Apart from his skill (and he will get even better) it is obvious that he cares. He could become a Sky Blue legend. Here's hoping that Fergie has a 'senior moment' and agrees a deal to keep him here.

Yorkshire SB

Pogba off to Juve as well isn't he? or so I've heard.

Poor man's scholes in my opinion, not quite got the ability, though he is similar. He lacks pace and strength, which could let him down in the PL. I imagine fergie will loan him to PL club next season and progress him accordingly

UnitedScholesy

Pogba off to Juve as well isn't he? or so I've heard.

Poor man's scholes in my opinion, not quite got the ability, though he is similar. He lacks pace and strength, which could let him down in the PL. I imagine fergie will loan him to PL club next season and progress him accordingly

I don't know what will happen with Pogba, he has a lot of talent but he is not dedicated to United or else he would sign contract. Ferguson should have given him more match time.

stupot07

We have had Rafael and Park playing in central midfield this season and Ferguson did not give the chance to Pogba who is clearly ready to play. He will always pick Carrick and then so there is Scholes, Giggs, Cleverley, Anderson and Pogba fighting for one position or two if we play 4-3-3. Norwood being here next season would mean his development and fitness to go backwards because Ferguson would play him back in the reserves so he must stay out on loan somewhere. Our squad is too big. If I was manager, he would start for Man Utd but Ferguson has strange and so frustrating selection politics, it is depressing.
His contract I think is up in summer 2012. I think there is only a 50% chance he will get a new one because no one in the United fans mention him or talk about him. He is very underated at United. I don't know if a Premier League team would sign him. I think he could stay at Coventry for good but really hope not

I think you've forgotten about fletcher.

EleanorRigby

He needs another season long loan IMO. Would love Sir Alex to leave him here for a year and he might if we stay up. But to be honest for his and United,s best interest a loan at somewhere like Swansea, Fulham or one of the promoted teams would be in his best interest so long as he plays warming his arse on a subs bench wouldn't do him a lot of good.. Probably not ready yet IMO for the prem. but having said that playing with better players such as your Rooneys, Valencias etc,etc. might bring him on.

Do you a deal, you have Norwood back next year and lend us Scolesy

Stevec189

Reminds me more of Beckham than Scholes. Great vision and passer of the ball - and despite lacking true pace can find himself space. The best passer of a ball I have seen since Gary McAllistair.Top Championship lower Prem for him next year. Fergie will have been impressed with his progress yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread