Norwegian Sky Blue Army (1 Viewer)

I hope this thread will include all of the Sky Blues supporters in Norway. We can use this to discuss news, events, and other things on your minds. Maybe one day we could make our own supporters club in Norway!
Until then: use this site to bring us together. PUSB!!

:welcome:

I'm going over to see them play at the Ricoh in March. Anyone else going?
Maybe some of you are going to see the match against Spurs? It would be absolutely GREAT to see that game, but unfortunately I can't go.. :facepalm:

torchomatic

'how to make friends......'

Would be great to hear from our Norwegian cousins!

In my town we have at least 5-7 people that support Coventry City FC. Of course it is difficult/expensive to get to alle the games but I'm doing my best. And much respect to those that go to each match.. wish I could join! So it would be great to get more involved and that you want to listen :) Hoping for a bit more positive outcome from this thread from now on; Don't see how @covcity4life saw this as racist.. Glad it was a joke! :)) That would have been unfortunate.. I simply tried to get more involved and to gather the City supporters currently living in Norway. Maybe getting some tips to how to get to games and be a bigger part of the community. Let's all sing together

torchomatic

Welcome, NSB. Tell me why did you choose CCFC to support? Sensible choice.

covcity4life

In my town we have at least 5-7 people that support Coventry City FC. Of course it is difficult/expensive to get to alle the games but I'm doing my best. And much respect to those that go to each match.. wish I could join! So it would be great to get more involved and that you want to listen :) Hoping for a bit more positive outcome from this thread from now on; Don't see how @covcity4life saw this as racist.. Glad it was a joke! :)) That would have been unfortunate.. I simply tried to get more involved and to gather the City supporters currently living in Norway. Maybe getting some tips to how to get to games and be a bigger part of the community. Let's all sing together

think i just dodged a mobster bullet there!:eek:

torchomatic

Ah, I see. Nice one. I didn't know if it was a random thing or not. Like when I was a kid my I always looked out for St Etienne's results for some odd reason.

I'm born in Volda, but my dad and his side of the family is from Coventry. I've grown up supporting CCFC alongside the rest of my family. Been in Coventry as much as I can and will keep it up!
I'm doing my best with what I have ;)

ohitsaidwalker king power

NSB... dont fall for the English humour too easily...these comments relate to another thread where a forum user(who shall remain nameless).. insisted that only those from Coventry should support Coventry... hence he was branded a bigot and racist.... keep the sky blue flag flying high in Norway.....:p

Edit: You have a blood line to Coventry?.. why didnt you say... by jove....you could play for us...;)

Welcome, NSB. Tell me why did you choose CCFC to support? Sensible choice.

haha, I'm not quick enough answering on this thread.. But I choose to support CCFC because of my family roots and my dad, uncles and grandad always supporting them. I did not choose them because of their big success the last years, hehe :)
Still have a bunch of relatives living in the Coventry area. Visit them as often as possible and if there's a Coventry match when I'm there: I'm going to it! :) But I have now bought plane tickets for a trip over in easter. looking forward to that.

kg82

Ah, I see. Nice one. I didn't know if it was a random thing or not. Like when I was a kid my I always looked out for St Etienne's results for some odd reason.

You liked the band?

5-7 Coventry supporters all in the one town. That's really surprising! Considering the only Norwegian players I can remember us having are soltvedt and normann!

torchomatic

Ha! yes, love the band too. Just when I was a kid the team sounded exotic.

You liked the band?

5-7 Coventry supporters all in the one town. That's really surprising! Considering the only Norwegian players I can remember us having are soltvedt and normann!

Thanks for the heads up @ohitsaidwalker king power. I'm new in this forum so guess that makes me the noob? :whistle: Nice to see everyone beeing positive! thought I had made a mistake there for a while, haha

Thanks for the heads up @ohitsaidwalker king power. I'm new in this forum so guess that makes me the noob? :whistle: Nice to see everyone beeing positive! thought I had made a mistake there for a while, haha

You may be an Noob... NSB.. but very welcome... so I guess your Easter trip will see you at the Ricoh(assumed).. just a quick squint at the fixtures offers you Doncaster at Home and Walsall away as possibilities?

torchomatic

Ashdown1

I met two guys in the RAOB club last season................mad keen Sky Blues from Malmo in Sweden. They come to Cov periodically for a match and do a load of clothes shopping in town as its much cheaper than in Scandinavia. Fair play to all City supporters everywhere.

torchomatic

Yep, Primark has its place.

I met two guys in the RAOB club last season................mad keen Sky Blues from Malmo in Sweden. They come to Cov periodically for a match and do a load of clothes shopping in town as its much cheaper than in Scandinavia. Fair play to all City supporters everywhere.

Last edited:

haha, yes.. I do alot of shopping when I'm over aswell! It is so much cheaper there than in Norway.. crazy.
Thank you for all the warm welcomes guys. Means alot :)

@ohitsaidwalker king power: Yes, I will be at Ricoh for the Doncaster match! :D But I haven't given the Walsall game much thought.. I don't know where walsall is yet. I'm flying from gatwick early on the 2nd april so I would have to make that work in some matter! Is it far from Coventry and/or Gatwick?

haha, yes.. I do alot of shopping when I'm over aswell! It is so much cheaper there than in Norway.. crazy.
Thank you for all the warm welcomes guys. Means alot :)

@ohitsaidwalker king power: Yes, I will be at Ricoh for the Doncaster match! :D But I haven't given the Walsall game much thought.. I don't know where walsall is yet. I'm flying from gatwick early on the 2nd april so I would have to make that work in some matter! Is it far from Coventry and/or Gatwick?

Walsall is about 25 miles from Ricoh.. straight up the M6....(about 40Km).. google map Ricoh to Bescot stadium

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Welcome to the site :) it is always goos to hear from ccfc fans overseas!

Goos? I live overseas NSB! I always welcome new supporters from across the water! :welcome:

Users who are viewing this thread