Northampton Town FC - SAVETHECOBBLERS (1 Viewer)

wingy

How the fuck can sharks like that keep setting up new businesses
Criminal

Had a look on their fans site and it looks like they got £4600 or so yesterday in the buckets.

A massive thanks to all CCFC fans who contributed to the bucket collections last Saturday, I've seen various posts on our FB pages/forum's commenting on the generosity and good will shown towards the collectors specifically and our fans in general.

I followed the SISU drama without being able to fully get my head around what was going on but I'm glad that Coventry City are back in Coventry and that's a pretty fine stadium you play in.

Good luck with getting promoted this season.

eastwoodsdustman

I work in Northampton and have been keeping a keen eye on whats been happening. What I can't get over is how much the council have been trying their best to HELP the club in its current situation. Lucas et al should take note and hang their heads in shame.

James Smith

theres talk of them opposing the winding up order but not administration.
Personally I think its in the council's interest to pay the taxman off, add it on to the loan money then do a deal with kelvin thomas to get the whole lot back. They also owe it to the club, as they should have done a better job of monitoring the loan. They let cardoza and his gang keep drawing money down from the loan even though no work was being done on the stand.

I know a tiny bit about commercial building and I thought the established practice was to get a schedule of works produced before building commences. Then release money for each stage only when there has been confirmation that the relevant work has been completed.

I'm really sorry that you are in this mess and I hope you manage to survive. It's always the fans that suffer when things go wrong. With the possible exception of Villa (whilst drunk just after we were relegated all those many years ago) I've never wanted to see a club go out of existence. It wasn't your fans who agreed to rent your ground to us and I would hope that the SBA appreciate this.

chiefdave

Can see them not getting out of this mess. If they do go pop hopefully there will be an investigation into Cardoza and where the money has gone.

Odd to thing that it wasn't too long ago I was warning some NT fans that if Cardoza was happy to do business with SISU they should be concerned about the type of owner they had only to be told he was a fantastic owner who loved the club and always did what was best for them. At least with SISU we know they are only in it for their own benefit and don't really care about the football.

skybluetony176

Can see them not getting out of this mess. If they do go pop hopefully there will be an investigation into Cardoza and where the money has gone.

Odd to thing that it wasn't too long ago I was warning some NT fans that if Cardoza was happy to do business with SISU they should be concerned about the type of owner they had only to be told he was a fantastic owner who loved the club and always did what was best for them. At least with SISU we know they are only in it for their own benefit and don't really care about the football.

There might be an investigation into Cardoza anyway. The police are already showing an interest although as I understand it no formal complaint has been made yet and Northampton Council are going to do a report on how the loan was monitored, or maybe not on this occassion. Maybe once they have compiled their report a formal complaint may follow.

The only thing for sure is that there are more questions than answers as to what happened to the money.

Monners

They really are in the mire. If Kevin Thomas pulls out, and all indications suggest he is close to doing so, then there is no other takers - I don't believe Cardoza's nonsense about "talking to other potential buyers". The fact is that £10m has gone missing with this being the sticking point for any takeover.

They have until 30th Nov or that could be it

skybluetony176

They really are in the mire. If Kevin Thomas pulls out, and all indications suggest he is close to doing so, then there is no other takers - I don't believe Cardoza's nonsense about "talking to other potential buyers". The fact is that £10m has gone missing with this being the sticking point for any takeover.

They have until 30th Nov or that could be it

It seems Kelvin Thomas has covered all the angles too having spoken to the council and the developer and come to an understanding with both. He seems there only real hope as he has a clear plan on how to move forward. He's also made a point of saying that they are not interested in the development land they're only interested in the club, his record in the football business is good also with Oxford and Torquay I believe.

Glenn Storer

You sure about it being good with Torquay? Have kept an eye on them over the years as my sister is a fan, (don't ask.) and they seem in total bloody freefall. They had to scrap all their youth squads and release the players, they're really in the shit. Would be surprised to see them existing much longer.

Real shame as well, they had a good little ground.

Odd to thing that it wasn't too long ago I was warning some NT fans that if Cardoza was happy to do business with SISU they should be concerned about the type of owner
that was my argument. I got accused of being an undercover coventry fan for taking that view point on our forum! Turned out to be right though didn't I. Trust me nothing gave me greater pleasure than seeing us beat you the other week. But for your trust to help with the bucket collection and your fans to contribute to the four grand that was raised on the day after everything cardoza helped sisu put you through. Unbelievable, top top guys. Don't know if you're aware, but ten grand of the money collected so far is being put aside as a hardship fund for ntfc staff who havent been paid for almost two months now. Really hope you get promoted. You fans deserve it.

J

Jack Griffin

David Conn ‏@david_conn 40m40 minutes ago

Northampton Town disgrace: Club staff still unpaid, supporters trust had to collect "hardship fund" for them http://po.st/SphRuv #ntfc
26 retweets 0 likes

David Conn ‏@david_conn 51m51 minutes ago

Northampton Borough Council confirms it made "a formal complaint about potential financial mismanagement of funds lent to Northampton Town."
4 retweets 1 like

David Conn ‏@david_conn 1h1 hour ago
Northampton Town: Police say "a team of officers this afternoon served a warrant at Sixfields Stadium" re "alleged financial irregularities"
25 retweets 4 likes

David Conn ‏@david_conn 2h2 hours ago

Northampton Town: Have been told around a dozen police officers have gone into the club, removing documents & computers for investigation.
66 retweets 15 likes

David Conn Retweeted Northampton Town
Northampton Town announce owner David Cardoza has agreed to sell the club, at same time police launch investigation.
David Conn added,
Northampton Town @ntfc
BREAKING: Chairman David Cardoza has reached an agreement to sell the controlling stake in Northampton Town Football Club to Kelvin Thomas.
18 retweets 10 likes

Northampton Town: Background to police investigation here: £10.25m council loan to build new stand unaccounted for http://gu.com/p/4e2x7/stw
View summary
14 retweets 5 likes

Police have launched investigation into alleged financial irregularities at Northampton Town; officers gone into club to secure documents.
24 retweets 11 likes

Last edited by a moderator:

Monners

Looks like Kelvin Thomas has bought the Club - good look to them (the fans). Hopefully a bright future

J

Jack Griffin

Looks like Kelvin Thomas has bought the Club - good look to them (the fans). Hopefully a bright future

UR right, I've updated David Conn tweets (above), I missed the one about the sale.

chiefdave

Funny how he sells it when the police turn up. If they find financial irregularities they'll be looking at a Luton size points deduction won't they?

chiefdave

Anyone know any details of the sale? Just been talking to someone about it and they think he has got the club debt free, the builders have agreed to finish the stand and the council loan has essentially been written off by separating it from the club and allocating it to another piece of land.

That's a hell of a result for them if its anywhere close to reality.

chiefdave

Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap!

Former chairman of Northampton Town David Cardoza arrested

The former chairman of Northampton Town has been arrested by police investigating what happened to £10m loaned to the club from Northampton Borough Council, the BBC understands.

David Cardoza stepped down from the League Two side last November after former Oxford United chairman Kelvin Thomas reached an agreement to buy his controlling stake.

Mr Cardoza, who was arrested by detectives at an address in Northamptonshire yesterday morning, has been released on conditional bail.

Gazolba

Currently top of the table and all set for automatic promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread