Northampton away (1 Viewer)

Cavan O'Doherty

I haven't glassed a bloke so wouldn't expect someone to glass me. Not an unreasonable position to take really.

I take you will be coming over with the intent to glass someone then - anyone. Prick
I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing! I'm not wishing it on anybody innocent but those that were involved in the incident deserve what they get! Try reading what I said before you roll out the name calling.

Last edited:

Cavan O'Doherty

Hope nothing happens as innocents will get caught up in it, but regardless I think this game was going to be a bit of a tinderbox for obvious reasons.
You'd assume the local constabulary will anticipate this.
It would be more entertaining than the football;)

Sick Boy

I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing! I'm not wishing it on anybody innocent but those that were involved in the incident deserve what they get! Try reading what I said before you roll out the name calling.

It had already been stated that those who did it were up in court.

NTFC

For those looking for a beer avoid the Auctioneers and the Moon on the Square both on the Market Square.

There are various good boozers in town. Recommend the Malt Shovel (loads of real ales etc) which is next to the Carlsberg Brewery. The Albion Brewery bar at the bottom of Bridge Street is definitely worth a visit as it is the home of the relaunched Phipps brewery who make some cracking, beers, ciders and spirits to original recipes.

Then you have the Wig and Pen on St Giles Street which is a rugby pub but have loads of real ales and good food. Around the corner there is the Market Tavern on Fish Street which is a decent pub. There is a Wetherspoons close by called the Cordwainer on a side street called the Ridings which is pretty large. If you are looking for a fairly safe chain pub try O'Neills at the top of the Drapery.

Around Sixfields you have the Black Lion outside the train station, Sevens on the way from the station which is fairly large and not too bad at all. At Sixfields there is the TGI Fridays which is where most away fans drink and you can also grab a beer in the Coast to Coast restaurant.

That should be enough to get you well on your way. Hopefully your players are pissed too!

Gazolba

How many nails does it take to seal the lid of a coffin? I think this game will hammer in one more nail.

Monners

UOTE="NTFC, post: 1249941, member: 6132"]For those looking for a beer avoid the Auctioneers and the Moon on the Square both on the Market Square.

There are various good boozers in town. Recommend the Malt Shovel (loads of real ales etc) which is next to the Carlsberg Brewery. The Albion Brewery bar at the bottom of Bridge Street is definitely worth a visit as it is the home of the relaunched Phipps brewery who make some cracking, beers, ciders and spirits to original recipes.

Then you have the Wig and Pen on St Giles Street which is a rugby pub but have loads of real ales and good food. Around the corner there is the Market Tavern on Fish Street which is a decent pub. There is a Wetherspoons close by called the Cordwainer on a side street called the Ridings which is pretty large. If you are looking for a fairly safe chain pub try O'Neills at the top of the Drapery.

Around Sixfields you have the Black Lion outside the train station, Sevens on the way from the station which is fairly large and not too bad at all. At Sixfields there is the TGI Fridays which is where most away fans drink and you can also grab a beer in the Coast to Coast restaurant.

That should be enough to get you well on your way. Hopefully your players are pissed too![/QUOTE]
Thanks mate. I live in Northampton (teyn) and have passed on similar info to a few on here via pm - glad I got it more or less right.

Are the Foudrymans and Becket ok?

NTFC

Foundrymans and the Becket are on the way from the station to the ground that's the only reason I'd drink in them but they should be ok.

Tbh i'd drink in a couple of the ones I mentioned then get a black cab from outside All Saints Church to the ground for k.o.

Nick

Administrator
For those looking for a beer avoid the Auctioneers and the Moon on the Square both on the Market Square.

That should be enough to get you well on your way. Hopefully your players are pissed too!

The auctioneers, remember being introduced to a "grenade" in there. Double vodka red bull with 2 jaigers balancing on the pint glass. Pull the pin out and in it goes, bang it down. Some really random blokes in there, I remember some guy had just got a barbed wire tatoo like pamela anderson with his dole money and was well chuffed about it. Needles in the toilets and everything.

Wig and Pen, sounds like a rubbish copy of the pen and wig so not interested in that.

NTFC

Forgot, there is a pub called the Fox and Quill on Fish Street which is a good sized chain pub. That, the Market Tavern and the Cordwainer are within a minute of each other and you get to see a bit of the Town there (if you are bothered).

Users who are viewing this thread