North Stand back open.. (1 Viewer)

theferret

..apparently. Looks like it's going to be open this season after all.

Warwickhunt

..apparently. Looks like it's going to be open this season after all.
Ferret is that a fact! cos I had to change my season tickets seats because it was being closed. where did you get the information from?

westofrayne

is this wind up ????? Just move my 3 x ST and 1 x PSL from block 29 to block 11 - can't get through to the TO, anybody got any other numbers for them??

ricohrich

delighted the club is reopening the north stand

just been contacted by the club to let me know that they have listened to the fans and will be contacting all the exiled fans from blocks 26/31 to let them know they can return to their old seats, hope we all get back together

Astute

Great news. Things are really looking like they are listening to their customers. Bodes well for the future.

skybluelee

Stupid idea. Means the lack of atmosphere problem when there's 10K in the stadium (like there will be for most games) will continue. Unless there is an alternative being put in place, ie closing off the top rows.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stupid idea. Means the lack of atmosphere problem when there's 10K in the stadium (like there will be for most games) will continue. Unless there is an alternative being put in place, ie closing off the top rows.
Exactly, could have had the east stand and corner rocking with 10-15k. Now it will just be exactly as it was before.

Astute

Stupid idea unless it is where you prefer to be like it is for a lot of us.

ricohrich

nathaniel from the club just called me to say after advise and talking to the manager they will be contacting the fans to let you know you can return to your old seat, they will send you a replacement slip, of course if you are away on holiday etc and you only give the club your landline number then they cant contact you, but by and large you would hope that they will hold your seat untill they contact you in person

SkyBlueScottie

I am guessing the part of them listening to the fans is a little bit of spin and its more to do with issues of segregation in the south stand.

westofrayne

fuming my seats I vacated last week which I have had since it opened have been taken, not happy, anybody got a number for TO to Tim?

Nick

Administrator
fuming my seats I vacated last week which I have had since it opened have been taken, not happy, anybody got a number for TO to Tim?

Never understood why people get so attached to 1 individual seat, does it matter being the row behind or in front or 1 down?

Saying that, in this situation the club will probably sort it.

westofrayne

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how the FFck can I get to TO when I'm 150 miles away, nobody answering phone, no response from tweeter or emails.

Come on guys you can do better than this, If there is a change of mind great but tell people.

I feel for TO as they are going to get moaned at again when its not there fault.

westofrayne

I'm sure there will be seats available very close to your old seats that will be suitable?

err NO, row R in block 29 directly behind disable section, perfect when you have kids so they can see. Didn't want to move to block 11, but accepted the change TO were very helpful, but no there should be no reason for me not to get the original seats back - 1 is a Private seat licence.

shmmeee

Agreed. Just going to be rattling around again. Real shame, looked like the club were trying to improve the atmosphere for once.

Astute

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how the FFck can I get to TO when I'm 150 miles away, nobody answering phone, no response from tweeter or emails.

Come on guys you can do better than this, If there is a change of mind great but tell people.

I feel for TO as they are going to get moaned at again when its not there fault.

Give them a chance. There must be a lot of people to contact. At least they have started to contact all those affected and not left us to do it. You might even find out that your seat is taken as it is reserved to yourself. Can't see it being taken as soon as the stand has been opened and hardly anyone will have had the chance to take the seats.

Astute

Agreed. Just going to be rattling around again. Real shame, looked like the club were trying to improve the atmosphere for once.

Will wait and see what their full plans are before having a go at them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm sure those who will get there seats back will be extremely pleased that they get to sit in a specific seat. I'm really disappointed the club have done this.

Astute

Can't really do much now they've sold STs in every area.

They have made this move though. Have they sold many tickets high up in all stands? Has SP told them he wants us in the stand?

I know. All guesswork. But there must be a good reason for it as they have caused themselves lots of work.

ricohrich

those already moaning about it probably have never been moved themselves, where i sit there was 3 rows of seating where we all knew each other family friends , people we have got to know and look forward to meeting up with at the start of each season, one friend is terminaly ill he never thought he would be back in his old seat surrounded by all his mates again, as for the atmosphere how does playing one half of a game towards a goal with nobody behind it generate a good atmosphere? and why should the home fans be penalised, i can remember going to norwich and to newcastle in terrential rain and us away fans was told to lump it sat in the rain, they didnt move the home fans while work was being done on their ground just to keep the away fans happy at the expense of the home support,
on friday it was galling having to look over to my seat and see someone else in it, thank god the club has listened

SkyBlue_Bear83

those already moaning about it probably have never been moved themselves, where i sit there was 3 rows of seating where we all knew each other family friends , people we have got to know and look forward to meeting up with at the start of each season, one friend is terminaly ill he never thought he would be back in his old seat surrounded by all his mates again, as for the atmosphere how does playing one half of a game towards a goal with nobody behind it generate a good atmosphere? and why should the home fans be penalised, i can remember going to norwich and to newcastle in terrential rain and us away fans was told to lump it sat in the rain, they didnt move the home fans while work was being done on their ground just to keep the away fans happy at the expense of the home support,
on friday it was galling having to look over to my seat and see someone else in it, thank god the club has listened

I was moving voluntarily from the North stand this season and disagree with reopening it and will continue to move anyway.

torchomatic

Hmmm. We move from North to South, but in all honesty would rather stay in the South now. Not heard from the club yet.

Astute

All round the stadium or just in the North?

Hopefully everywhere. The season tickets have not been on sale long so maybe not many sold at the top 11 rows.

torchomatic

They don't listen do they? While I was waiting in the queue for my season ticket on the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday this woman was walking down and speaking to us explaining about the reason why they were closing it. I disagreed and said rather than shut a whole stand, they should just move everyone forward.

The back 11 rows are not being sold.

Users who are viewing this thread