NOPM (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

At the moment a campaign has been started by the CET and things seem to be finally happening where the fans may get to stand up and be counted.

Controversial as it comes I know but is it time to discuss NOMP.

Cons

Will hurt the team no question.
Not necessarily on the short term performance front as Northampton showed, ironically they seemed to play better without the pressure. However long term due to a reduction in investment.

Rubbish for the fans you will miss seeing the team and getting the fix.

Will never be fully implemented some fans will always attend. Season ticket Holders would be very foolish not to.

It will lead to a lot of pain for the club. SISU will cut the funding to match the drop in income as much as they can. It will probably lead to a relegation.

If SISU leave do they do administration or liquidation.

Pros

A petition is all good and well. Protests are all good and well. However all have been tried and tested. It's seems SISU are to an extent resilient to them. It seems SISU are only driven by finance.
The only way the finance can be affected by fans is NOMP. Yes they will also try and cut the spending accordingly. However you can only go so far with that.
If season ticket holders follow suit in the summer that would be a breaking point. There will be a point where holding onto the club will no longer be financially viable and they will leave.

Summary

Is NOPM the only way to SISU will leave the club?
If it is, is it worth all the pain and risk?
Can NOMP every actually work in practice.

For what it's worth in my own opinion. Yes it's the only way the fans could influence the owners to leave. In reality it won't work as too many fans wouldn't do it.

What do you think?

Bruce the Boot

So do you believe it can be successful or you are just doing it as your own mini protest?

It the only option , always has been , no customers , no revenue, Yes the club will be damaged , but its very damaged anyway and will only get worse . Lets force their hand and pick up the pieces if we can . The thing is we have nothing to lose , They are torturing the club anyway .

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its a shit idea that will just see the budgets cut accordingly, CCFC fall even further through the leagues while sisu cling on in the vain & ludicrous hope of recovering some of their cash through litigation.....

IMHO....NOPM could actually be THE final nail....

dongonzalos

Its a shit idea that will just see the budgets cut accordingly, CCFC fall even further through the leagues while sisu cling on in the vain & ludicrous hope of recovering some of their cash through litigation.....

IMHO....NOPM could actually be THE final nail....

The first bit will definitely happen.
However they will only go so far with that as you will reach a point where you can't cut to match the drop.

The big question then is adminstration is liquidation?

stupot07

No, sorry don thats a stupid idea, for a start us 4.5-5k ST holders have already given them our money, those that have already purchased boxes, or advertising have already paid their money and away fans will still come 5-600 per match.

Going wide spread NOPM when so many have already paid for season is just kicking your fellow fans in the bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

So long as I'm not going to be called a scab for going to home games any time soon, they're already painful as it is.

dongonzalos

No, sorry don thats a stupid idea, for a start us 4.5-5k ST holders have already given them our money, those that have already purchased boxes, or advertising have already paid their money and away fans will still come 5-600 per match.

Going wide spread NOPM when so many have already paid for season is just kicking your fellow fans in the bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As stated in the OP Stu
Irrelevant for season ticket holders this season they have already paid up. That would have to come in the summer.
However good point that those starting NOMP now would be ruining things for them this season . Which is harsh when they have already paid up.

Kingokings204

I don't know. Desperate people do desperate things and in the end if petitions and so forth aren't listened to then voting with your feet is all you are left with. Not saying I support it (yet) but I am saying it's all the fans have left to have their say and that's by not going to matches.

ceetee

It the only option , always has been , no customers , no revenue, Yes the club will be damaged , but its very damaged anyway and will only get worse . Lets force their hand and pick up the pieces if we can . The thing is we have nothing to lose , They are torturing the club anyway .
You have got something to lose

The Football Club you support

You might be happy with that

I won't

Bruce the Boot

You have got something to lose

The Football Club you support

You might be happy with that

I won't

Enjoy the slow death my friend . Euthanasia is kindest . Who knows somebody just might offer a life support machine , but that olive branch will never go out to Sisu , From ANYbody..

peeler

NOPM or not. Lets see 4 Games, 1 goal, no wins, I doubt that will change dramatically with the current crop of players.
I think people are already voting with their feet.

ceetee

Well actually it is SISU that has provided the life support machine despite all of the damage they have caused.
That is the problem.
They have only kept the club alive....., Nothing more
But if they go they may well switch the machine off and I prefer to think that while there is still a glimmer of life there is a glimmer of hope

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The problem is that if SISU are here, they might decide to liquidate the club anyway. Their current behaviour is that of a cat in its last days, it feels like they're going to die because they go and hide where you can't find them. Selling Ryton (effectively the last asset) is kind of the equivalent in this shitty analogy.

NOPM is extreme but at this rate there is a very realistic chance they will kill (if they're not already planning it) the club anyway.

NOPM would only be effective if everyone did it. They'd be so starved that they wouldn't even be able to cut, they would physically have to leave.

I feel it may get to then point we have to get them our even more than now, and the above may be one of the only ways we could do it. It would require someone actually wanting to buy the club though, and you'd have to be some sort of smack head to want to do that.

torchomatic

I'll never be NOPM. Why damage the club even more?

clint van damme

As stated in the OP Stu
Irrelevant for season ticket holders this season they have already paid up. That would have to come in the summer.
However good point that those starting NOMP now would be ruining things for them this season . Which is harsh when they have already paid up.
people should do what they feel is right, and what they are comfortable with, but they should respect their fellow supporters decision if it is different to theirs.

NorthernWisdom

The only way I could do it. Was if I knew by doing so you are actually saving the club.

And it's backwards logic, really.

Firstly, SISU's actions have been plays for other things. Ultimately, their recent actions such as the Northampton play haven't needed attendances as such. Once we moved past the plays, the consequence of lower attendances is selling what limited assets are left... as per most clubs.

What does a sparse crowd signify? That nobody cares. What does that say to any potential owner? That nobody cares. What does it say when asking CCC to help out rather than play by the rules? That nobody cares. What does it say when asking for CCFC to get special treatment ahead of a franchise? That nobody cares.

NOPM is a passive protest of absence that says nothing and achieves nothing. Furthermore, it increases the likelihood of the club going pop entirely. Now, views may differ as to whether if it were to be done, 'tis best it were done quickly... or not. But, let's not pretend oitherwise, that absence forces SISU to do what those absent want SISU to do.

And I say this as someone who barely goes nowadays but... lets at least be realistic about this.

Bruce the Boot

And it's backwards logic, really.

Firstly, SISU's actions have been plays for other things. Ultimately, their recent actions such as the Northampton play haven't needed attendances as such. Once we moved past the plays, the consequence of lower attendances is selling what limited assets are left... as per most clubs.

What does a sparse crowd signify? That nobody cares. What does that say to any potential owner? That nobody cares. What does it say when asking CCC to help out rather than play by the rules? That nobody cares. What does it say when asking for CCFC to get special treatment ahead of a franchise? That nobody cares.

NOPM is a passive protest of absence that says nothing and achieves nothing. Furthermore, it increases the likelihood of the club going pop entirely. Now, views may differ as to whether if it were to be done, 'tis best it were done quickly... or not. But, let's not pretend oitherwise, that absence forces SISU to do what those absent want SISU to do.

And I say this as someone who barely goes nowadays but... lets at least be realistic about this.

Sisu will do as they like anyway , So why fund it ?

Users who are viewing this thread