Nopm (1 Viewer)

kg82

Yeh, can you imagine what life would be like if we all said what we weren't doing?

'Hey Trace, I'm not going to bingo tonight!'

'Really? Okay. Well I'm not going scuba diving, Sue.'

'Fair play to you. Hey Trace, you'll never guess who I didn't see last night! Only Marti Pellow from Wet, Wet, Wet!'

'Wow! You really didn't see him? That's amazing! I didn't see Brad Pitt either.'

'You're having me on. You must have done.'

'Nope. Ooh, did I tell you. I'm not having a hip replacement. There's nothing wrong with my hip apparently Isn't that amazing.'

'Yeah. Amazing! NOPM!'

Yeah. NOPM!'

I see that conversation everyday on Facebook.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Stupot07....Pray tell why, you aimed that post at me, when Blueflint made the original point only a couple of posts before mine?....Oh I see now......His name isn't Sky Blue Kid.

Grendel

Exactly...Allegedly! A SBT member who posts on here confirmed to me that he'd seen "Overall wage bill" ie- players, management, groundsmen, directors, aux staff, etc. infact ALL STAFF that work for Otium/CCFC. No mention of "Players wages being "X" amount" I will not "Out him" but if he wants to confirm my chat with him, I hope he doesn't feel pressured to do so. We all saw the Keiran Crowley brag of showing the wages to SBT on twitter, but no mention of them being ALL staff wages eh!

So what - the players wages cluld still be in the top 8 - as usual it proved nothing.

Bob Latchford

Oh.

We've got a nice new Nike kit.

Never mind then.

I won't be buying now . the back of the shirt has totally ruined the shirt. truly shocking

Grendel

Fortunately I'm not as boring as you to go traipsing back through 18 plus months of yours and mine old posts so no I can't. But we both know you were and that's all that matters.

Bit like when you initially said you'd go to Sixfields as you lived near but when you realised very few went you lost your bottle and became NOPM?

skybluetony176

Bit like when you initially said you'd go to Sixfields as you lived near but when you realised very few went you lost your bottle and became NOPM?

Unfortunately for you with your accusation we both know that to be a lie. Also unfortunately for you we both also know that you being initially NOPM is the truth. Good effort though.

hill83

Fortunately I'm not as boring as you to go traipsing back through 18 plus months of yours and mine old posts so no I can't. But we both know you were and that's all that matters.

If it's there you can google it in about 3 minutes.

Sky Blue Kid

So what - the players wages cluld still be in the top 8 - as usual it proved nothing.
Much like your "Estimated transfer fees being facts" eh Grenduffy :) Very much like you, posters were taking Crowleys words as gospel, until it gets broken down and shown in black and white, nobody will know for sure. Exactly the point I was making.........Btw, Tony was right, you DID say you were NOPM about Sixfields, but like him I'm not trolling back 18 months worth of posts to prove it.

stupot07

@ Stupot07....Pray tell why, you aimed that post at me, when Blueflint made the original point only a couple of posts before mine?....Oh I see now......His name isn't Sky Blue Kid.

No, wasn't picking on you, didn't see Blueflints post otherwise I'd replied to him instead. :)

And I think your suggestion that Kieran Crowley was bragging is a tad unfair, he was merely answer a question posed to him on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluelee

NOPM is whatever the individual deems it to be, there was no contract signed in blood. Something the OP clearly doesn't get.

For me NOPM was until the needless madness that was Sixfields ended and we returned home to the Ricoh.

And here. Wasn't that the case for most of us?

Astute

You are either a woman. Or in a gay relationship. No straight man dredges up arguments from the past that much.

It doesn't matter if he/she is/isn't.

I like the having a go at NOPM then stating about not going. It stopped SISU from keeping us in Northampton by not giving them money.

NorthernWisdom

It stopped SISU from keeping us in Northampton by not giving them money.

Personally I think that's abslute nonsense.

It's unfortunate I have to reply to anyone now, but this quote leapt out ;) so a fine time to say as a general it's been, it's gone. It's not going to help things going forward if we go down this avenue again of defining fans by their choice to attend or not.

That applies to having a go at people who don't, or those who do.

Last edited:

lewys33

It is fascinating how much a 4 word slogan can cause so much division. Build a bridge gents.

hill83

You are either a woman. Or in a gay relationship. No straight man dredges up arguments from the past that much.

I don't know why people have a problem with dragging up old threads to prove a point. It's the internet, the whole point is proving people wrong. If it was an option to do it in real life to I'd be all over it.

lewys33

I don't know why people have a problem with dragging up old threads to prove a point. It's the internet, the whole point is proving people wrong. If it was an option to do it in real life to I'd be all over it.

Me and the mrs regularly google shit just to prove the other wrong. Everything written on the internet is fact especially twitter.

SkyblueBazza

Is anyone still actually doing it since we moved back?
Judging by attendances, many are! Some must've come back although SISU joined NOPM initiative by allowing the Ricoh to slip through their fingers IMO.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Last edited:

Hobo

I was right behind NOPM when we were moved to Northampton.
When we returned to the Ricoh I was right up for following city again, but the shambolic ticketing organisation prevented me from going to the first couple of matches.

In the meantime, Coventry Rugby had a good season and I enjoyed the Butts experience so much I only missed two home games. Which severely limited my attendance at the Ricoh.

But things seem to be improving at the City. Will I buy a season ticket? No! I have never had one due to work commitments. Am I tempted by a block of match tickets? Yes.

But City will be battling against Coventry Rugby for my attendance, around my work commitments. I think Cov Rugby will give it a big push for promotion this year, so the most attractive team will probably win out.

that is the damage SISU have done by moving to Northampton for a year. I am not alone, I saw a lot of ex CCFC season ticket holders at the Butts last year.

I no longer feel obliged to support them, they will only win me back by proving they are moving in the right direction (and I don't expect success in one season or unrealistic budgets to be unveiled, just steady progress over the next few years).

That new shirt, am I tempted? Yes. I haven't said that for about 15 years despite going to matches. Last year I bought a rugby shirt, a scarf and a hat and the same purchases for my wife (who was a season ticket holder with the City for years).

Northampton cured me of my blind faith, should I thank SISU? No I shouldn't.

Covstu

When we returned to the Ricoh I was right up for following city again, but the shambolic ticketing organisation prevented me from going to the first couple of matches.

In the meantime, Coventry Rugby had a good season and I enjoyed the Butts experience so much I only missed two home games. Which severely limited my attendance at the Ricoh.

But things seem to be improving at the City. Will I buy a season ticket? No! I have never had one due to work commitments. Am I tempted by a block of match tickets? Yes.

But City will be battling against Coventry Rugby for my attendance, around my work commitments. I think Cov Rugby will give it a big push for promotion this year, so the most attractive team will probably win out.

that is the damage SISU have done by moving to Northampton for a year. I am not alone, I saw a lot of ex CCFC season ticket holders at the Butts last year.

I no longer feel obliged to support them, they will only win me back by proving they are moving in the right direction (and I don't expect success in one season or unrealistic budgets to be unveiled, just steady progress over the next few years).

That new shirt, am I tempted? Yes. I haven't said that for about 15 years despite going to matches. Last year I bought a rugby shirt, a scarf and a hat and the same purchases for my wife (who was a season ticket holder with the City for years).

Is that alot of questions to yourself? Yes.

wingy

Ditto Hobo
that Is my plan for this season.
12 New players In
Its slightly awkward explaining to family members as Its always been a Social fixture as well as the game.

ajsccfc

Am I looking forward to next season getting underway?
magic8ball1-252x231.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread