Nopm (1 Viewer)

Higgi21

When the euphoria of the return to the Ricoh dies down and our owners,who by the way,serve writs on charities and who are generally not very nice,are counting the rewards of their latest little venture,will people think WHATEVER HAPPENED TO NOT ONE PENNY MORE?:confused:

Gint11

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fernandopartridge

When the euphoria of the return to the Ricoh dies down and our owners,who by the way,serve writs on charities and who are generally not very nice,are counting the rewards of their latest little venture,will people think WHATEVER HAPPENED TO NOT ONE PENNY MORE?:confused:
Who served a writ on the charity? Are you making things up?

ajsccfc

Why would people be asking what happened to a campaign designed with the goal of being back at the Ricoh?

mark82

NOPM was always bollocks. There were always exceptions like watching Arsenal, etc.

Boycotting was enough for me while at sixfields. Putting more debt on the club is not a way to save it.

Evans1883

I think its commendable by the fans to keep attendances so low at sixfields for so long , now we are back , instead of moaning or complaining , we should just appreciate playing football in our city again , be it infront of 27000 or 10500 , im just a happy man

lewys33

NOPM was always bollocks. There were always exceptions like watching Arsenal, etc.

Boycotting was enough for me while at sixfields. Putting more debt on the club is not a way to save it.

Complete bollocks. I don't know of anyone who went to Arsenal and said they were hardcore NOPM.

NOPM meant different things to different people, but the arsenal game seems to be an excuse for some to say it was bollocks. There is no proof of this.

Sterling Archer

If I could be arsed to trawl through tens of thousands of posts, I'd easily find some people who were all for NOPM but went to Arsenal.

Buster

If I could be arsed to trawl through tens of thousands of posts, I'd easily find some people who were all for NOPM but went to Arsenal.
Why on earth would you want to do that ? NOPM to most fans was a stick to beat SISU with ,to show them that we were not prepared to fill their coffers while at Sixfields. 100 percent conformity was never going to happen but ,boy didn't it work well! Some will see it as NOPM til SISU have gone. Understandable but probably futile

Sterling Archer

Correct I wouldn't want to do that, I have far better things to do but let's not pretend some very vocal NOPM Advocators didn't go to Arsenal.

Surely NOPM should've meant 'Not One Penny More' or it should've been called something different?

And those who kept tagging that crap on the end of every inane post should've stuck to their guns considering how loudly they screamed it from their keyboards?

As for "didn't it work well", well no, not really. It was seen as a way to financially force SISU to go. It was NOT seen as a way to get us back at the Ricoh. I never saw it labelled as 'Not One Penny More Until Were Back At The Ricoh' (NOPMUWBATR) so it didn't achieve what it set out to do.

NOPM didn't bring us back to the Ricoh. If you really have to give the credit to one of the various online/fan campaigns, surely the #BringCityHome one deserves your adulation?

shmmeee

NOPM always meant different things to different people. Those getting pedantic about it are just trying to play the "I'm better than you" card IMO. It was a general banner that encapsulated the displeasure at the move to Sixfields. Some took it further than others, some had different desired outcomes.

Think of it like a religion, or you know, any other label people identify with.

wingy

If no City Fan went to Arsenal would CCFC have received less in receipts ,Or would Arsenal have sold those 5K tickets to their own??

Jim

'Not One Penny More' was about sticking two fingers up at SISU whilst they moved us to Sixfields, and to achieve this by stopping home ticket sales and merchandise.

The fans supporting en masse away further emphasised the point and Arsenal was a superb opportunity to do this in national TV.

Without touching on the franchise issue, there aren't people moaning about fans dropping NOPM whilst going away to MK Dons. SISU would still have got a minor cut through sales made via CCFC.

Not One Penny More has served its purpose. We now need a new banner to rally round. And the best way to do this is to fill the Ricoh and give SISU as much grief as possible.

We need one match off for Gillingham to celebrate the homecoming but after that we need to show that we the fans want a fresh start and fresh owners.

ajsccfc

Im still NOPM until Sisu have gone , mark my words they (Sisu) haven't finished yet ... Its only just begun !!!

127ad1b0.gif

Covstu

I think NOPM was the 'initial stance' to say we have had enough, although i think alot of fans didnt really think about what they were saying when they said they wont spend a penny until SISU are gone (rather than until we return back to Cov). KCIC made more practical sense as i bet alot of shirts have been purchased since our return from people who stayed away.

We got what we wanted, we are back at the Ricoh. Personally i think the more money and revenue we can now get into the club the better. If we are hitting 15-20K attendances there can be little option for SISU other than put money into the team which is ultimately why we are all here. If this happens personally i can live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread