nopm mob (1 Viewer)

steveo1987

Steve your choice to go. But do not say I am being self righteous by staying away from Sixfields. I have been a season ticket holder for 27 years and only stopped for the 5 years I was living away from Coventry from the last 38 years. It is killing me not going but when the club is called COVENTRY City guess where it should be playing? Grow up and let people have a different opinion to your own.

#PUSB #NOPM

Where did I say that then

James Smith

You're killing it by not going.The players need support,we have a bloody good side

Even if I could go which I can't because of work, I wouldn't set foot inside Sixfields if it were a 'home match' and not if it's an away match and we would normally be the 'home team' there. Apparently SISU have the money to keep the club going whilst they take us away from our home in Coventry and we play at Northampton, well they're going to do so without my (and others) financial support.

If there was a financial benefit to playing at NTFC then I might possibly in another universe have wavered and considered going. But there isn't a good commercial reason to move to Northampton and that says a lot to me about the owners of our football club and their attitude to the fans.

Last edited:

James Smith

No not a stupid protest, just go to Sixfields and do something positive ( just for a change), SUPPORT THE MANAGER, PLAYERS, TEAM & FOOTBALL BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY, that's what it's all about.
Football my team but not the 'politics'. PUSB,
Bring on Colchester!

Which you can do from the hill apparently, no need to give SISU any cash.

ccfctommy

Oh good. One of the 10% that are letting the fans down and have no pride in where their club belongs.

You'd have been one of the Wimbledon fans who went to MK Dons

What do you think of Rotherham fans who went to Sheffield? Or Brighton fans who went to Gillingham?

Skybluepiglet

Yes bring on Colchester, will wave from hill again.
Better fun up there with genuine fans.

This is the problem..Whilst I will not Go to Sixfields myself..you can't say some fans are less genuine than others.

You can dislike them going and paying..but it doesn't actually make them any less of a fan.

Spionkop

Ferret is right about one thing, the glaring lack of passionate, loud protest. Don't care much for him going in, but if he could channel his idea, Get the trust to organise it. I'm talking peaceful sit down in the centre circle protesting. No violence. But a lot of fans. 1,000 or more. Hold the game up for ten minutes.
Are they going to ban a thousand people? Fine a thousand people? Don't think so.
To be honest I'm surprised the younger louder fans haven't done this.
The Hill community seems to be growing. Maybe something for you lads to organise. Get the numbers for it. It doesn't have to be down to the Trust. Sometimes they're too nice for their own good.
But NO violence.

theferret

Ferret is right about one thing, the glaring lack of passionate, loud protest. Don't care much for him going in, but if he could channel his idea, Get the trust to organise it. I'm talking peaceful sit down in the centre circle protesting. No violence. But a lot of fans. 1,000 or more. Hold the game up for ten minutes.
Are they going to ban a thousand people? Fine a thousand people? Don't think so.
To be honest I'm surprised the younger louder fans haven't done this.
The Hill community seems to be growing. Maybe something for you lads to organise. Get the numbers for it. It doesn't have to be down to the Trust. Sometimes they're too nice for their own good.
But NO violence.

Exactly. Just think of the exposure it would get. How would SISU deal with it, what about the FL? Would they fine the club? What about everyone turn their back on the game for first 5 minutes. Those images would make the nationals I guarantee it. It won't happen I know, so we'd better hope this boycott works. Seems to be all we have.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly. Just think of the exposure it would get. How would SISU deal with it, what about the FL? Would they fine the club? What about everyone turn their back on the game for first 5 minutes. Those images would make the nationals I guarantee it. It won't happen I know, so we'd better hope this boycott works. Seems to be all we have.

It needs to be thought out side the box, nothing illegal as it just won't get the interest.

pusbccfc

What annoys me with these so called super fans who are at sixfields...

Where is the noise? Listening on the radio and receiving reviews from away fans, they have said it is the most shambolic atmosphere, which is worse than the Ricoh.

Seriously, you'd think travelling that far you'd make some noise?

Seymour_East

You aint half missing some entertainment.

Having being doing so for many years Steveo. Live abroad, does not mean I am a lesser supporter or believer what is happening is wrong. You get used to not going to games but listening to them instead. Still entertainment, different format that's all. Stopped my subscription on the CCFC website...just doing my bit for the cause.

theferret

What annoys me with these so called super fans who are at sixfields...

Where is the noise? Listening on the radio and receiving reviews from away fans, they have said it is the most shambolic atmosphere, which is worse than the Ricoh.

Seriously, you'd think travelling that far you'd make some noise?

I don't think I'm a super fan. I am no better than you. I actually sang as much yesterday as I did on many occasions at the Ricoh last season, and I was in block 15. That said, their were only 1500 City fans in the whole ground, you don't expect it to be rocking do you? On reflection, I'm not sure I'll go back though. I think I had to get yesterday out of my system. All that aside, the quality of the support from those that were there was quite decent actually.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Nopm is an ideal excuse for those who can't be arsed.

You might not have noticed this, but our crowds have fallen quite well in the last few years without any need for NOPM.

Personally, I am hating missing see my team play but believe that it is for the longer term good of my club.

steveo1987

Having being doing so for many years Steveo. Live abroad, does not mean I am a lesser supporter or believer what is happening is wrong. You get used to not going to games but listening to them instead. Still entertainment, different format that's all. Stopped my subscription on the CCFC website...just doing my bit for the cause.

And I am doing my bit by supporting and cheering our 11 lads who wear the shirt,purely on footballing terms only.

bigfatronssba

And I am doing my bit by supporting and cheering our 11 lads who wear the shirt,purely on footballing terms only.

Do you consider those 11 players to be more important than the club?

Just remember you've condoned Coventry City leaving Coventry.

Seymour_East

So where did I say I'm not cheering for the 11 lads who wear the shirt? I still listen to the match, purely for football, owners won't get a penny more off me through my subscription.
You need to develop a long term view.....it might help you in life.

steveo1987

So where did I say I'm not cheering for the 11 lads who wear the shirt? I still listen to the match, purely for football, owners won't get a penny more off me through my subscription.
You need to develop a long term view.....it might help you in life.

Look,just cut out the cheap shots.nopm,admirable stuff but these boys(and some are boys from the academy) need our support

Users who are viewing this thread