NON FOOTBALL RELATED SONGS SUNG AT THE FOOTBALL (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

I'm sure you know what I'm referring to - 'Ours' of course being 'Twist & Shout'. B'ham City supporters have long sung 'Keep Right On Till The End Of The Road'.
Man City - 'Blue Moon', Forest - 'Mull Of Kintyre' (In the 80's they used to sing 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling') Stoke City have 'Delilah' and before that 'Home On The Range'.
Best one I've heard and there is no irony to the title because it often made me smile - especially with the 'jazz hands' style replication of the finale 'smile', Is Leicester City fans rendition of 'When You're Smiling' (The Whole World Smiles With You)
I don't know if they sing it anymore?
There's bound to be loads I'm unaware of so if you know of any - list them here.

ddsdube

Wolves and Chelsea- the liquidator

(Think it was banned at wolves)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

There are some very good ones in US college football

Enter sandman at Virginia tech
Sweet Caroline at Pitt
Jump around at Wisconsin

oscillatewildly

yep it was initially but we’ve been singing it 30 years or more
Don't think so. 'The Spinners' were a Liverpool folk group who used it in their rep (no doubt also recorded it) It may have been written by them or already a standard tune.
In the 1970's - 1980's rival supporters would taunt the scousers with a variation of the tune - "In your Liverpool slums".
I don't ever recall Liverpool supporters adopting the tune themselves.

skyblue1991

Delilah - Stoke City

Sung by Stoke fans in a pub when put on the jukebox after the landlord complained the previous chant had too much swearing

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread