No subs vs Bham (1 Viewer)

I don't recall watching a match where not a single sub was made before. Is it as odd as I think or does it happen fairly often?

I thought Palmer would get some minutes last night but we didn't change a thing

Brylowes

I don't recall watching a match where not a single sub was made before. Is it as odd as I think or does it happen fairly often?

We were always in pretty much complete control and were rarely troubled anywhere on the pitch, making an unnecessary change could have unsettled us and done more harm than good.
That said, I was surprised he didn’t take O’hare off after his 2nd goal.

Sick Boy

We were always in pretty much complete control and were rarely troubled anywhere on the pitch, making an unnecessary change could have unsettled us and done more harm than good.
That said, I was surprised he didn’t take O’hare off after his 2nd goal.
Nah, always better to players on a hat-trick on the pitch.

Brylowes

Nah, always better to players on a hat-trick on the pitch.
Yeah I get that, but it’s still early days for him after a long time out with injury, so just thought he’d take him off as a precautionary measure, another big game Wednesday night as well.
I suspect Callum would have been furious if he had though.

slowpoke

O’Hare on the pitch even a bit tired occupied defenders. He had two or three round him evertime he had the ball.

oscillatewildly

Although it wasn't ferocious, there was a certain pace and tenacity to last nights game.
I recognise and appreciate what Palmer can add but he would have slowed things down a tad had he been involved.

Esoterica

Got praise at the time because we were controlling the game. Don’t think the squad is anywhere near as strong as is made out though. 5 of the 9 subs were keeper and defenders and you don’t mess with the defence when you’re winning. That left Kelly, Eccles, Palmer and Ayari. No one’s upset Ayari didn’t get on. It doesn’t leave much to change in reality.

oscillatewildly

Got praise at the time because we were controlling the game. Don’t think the squad is anywhere near as strong as is made out though. 5 of the 9 subs were keeper and defenders and you don’t mess with the defence when you’re winning. That left Kelly, Eccles, Palmer and Ayari. No one’s upset Ayari didn’t get on. It doesn’t leave much to change in reality.
Telling that we never had a recognised (in any form) striker on the bench last night but when you have a bloke who previously couldn't hit a banjo with a barn door weighted down by a pig's arse and who ends up with a brace - Who needs a 'strong' squad?

Gynnsthetonic

You use subs for many different reasons
One being to give rest to players or to give time to players to build up their match fitness
Last night was a game looking at the bench where one was not needed, tell me who you think should of gone off and replaced by who?

skybluecam

I would have been tempted to bring Eccles on for Allen or Cal.

I did think we looked a bit tired last 5/10, and especially with a game on Weds maybe a sub or two would’ve helped. But can’t really question a 2-0 home win.

ptr

First time in a long time where we didn’t need to make a change. In control and didn’t look short of fitness.

Sky Blue Harry H

I would have been a bit more concerned had we had a midweek match on Tuesday; the extra day's recovery time means the players involved should be fine.

Offhegoes

Would of liked to seen Palmer get a few mins, as I'm sure he will be needed on Weds night, as no way the same 11 will do another 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread