No shortage of keeping options?? (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

With Westwood virtually gone, and rumours of other interested parties in Murphy, are we out of options? It seems not.

I've been keeping tabs on the PFA Free Agents list in recent times, and keeping options with "free transfer" advertised next to them include:

Adriano Basso
Jason Brown
Matt Duke
Darryl Flahavan
Marcus Hahnemann
Richard Kingson
Paul Rachubka
Iain Turner

Oh, and a fella called Michael Quirke.

Of course, you can also add Cammy Bell to that list, so there are plenty of options around according to that list. If we lose out on Murphy, any preferences as to who we should go for?

*Thought this would be a nice little thread to get away from the 'King saga'.

CovScott88

Cammy Bell is highly rated so would be good, but I still maintain that i'd love to see us sign Marcus Hahnemann. I think he would be fantastic!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Matt Duke is ok he is a bit more of an all rounder than the others.... Iain Turner is ok as well, I think he could be alright if he was given a first team chance but all in all I think we can do better. Hahnemann is the only one there I would consider, I think he'd be a good signing .

gouldberg

See, to me, I'd go for in this order:

1) Cammy Bell
2) Paul Rachubka
3) Matt Duke
4) Richard Kingson

skybluesteve76

With Westwood virtually gone, and rumours of other interested parties in Murphy, are we out of options? It seems not.

I've been keeping tabs on the PFA Free Agents list in recent times, and keeping options with "free transfer" advertised next to them include:

Adriano Basso
Jason Brown
Matt Duke
Darryl Flahavan
Marcus Hahnemann
Richard Kingson
Paul Rachubka
Iain Turner

Oh, and a fella called Michael Quirke.

Of course, you can also add Cammy Bell to that list, so there are plenty of options around according to that list. If we lose out on Murphy, any preferences as to who we should go for?

*Thought this would be a nice little thread to get away from the 'King saga'.

But you still had to mention him!!:)Grrrrrrrrrr!!
I'd take any off that list, thank you very much.

Skyblueheff

Don't want Basso, mate at work is a Bristol City fan and hates him. Got to big for his boots then they signed the pensioner James. Have just read on the sky sports rumour pages we might be in for Kirkland. Maybe the best of the lot?

gouldberg

Problem with Kirkland is you need a keeper that can get through 46 games a season. Of course you occasionally get freak injuries (like I think Rachubka got at Blackpool) but Kirkland has only played 7 games in the last year. Is that back in good enough condition to get through a full season? I'm not so sure it is.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I think you're all forgetting that Hahnemann is 39. At most, he probably has 3 games left in him. High wages, too old. no thanks.
I think most of those keepers are knocking on though aren't they? :/ I still think he would be a fantastic temp for a season, though I can see why people would think its risky.

As for Lonerghan I really like him, We would probably be looking at a loan though unless i'm missing something.

gouldberg

I think most of those keepers are knocking on though aren't they?

Basso 36
Jason Brown 29
Matt Duke 33
Darryl Flahavan 32
Marcus Hahnemann 39
Richard Kingson 32
Paul Rachubka 30
Iain Turner 27
Cammy Bell 24

Brown, Rachubka, Turner and Bell all have plenty of years left in them if we're looking for someone that could stick around. There are a couple of 19/20 year old punts we could go for as second choice, only problem there being possible tribunal payments.

gouldberg

Didn't put Dunn on the list because as he's 24 there would be a development charge as Northampton made him a contract offer. Sometimes tribunals give players away for peanuts, other times (eg when we paid I think £500k for Gary Borrowdale), it's a bit of a rip off.

Bertola

Lonergan would be a top signing, wouldnt mind Basso either, or Speroni from Palace......

But lets face it, we all know its going to be Murphy, and i'm not disappointed with that one bit

Users who are viewing this thread