No scouts (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

It seems like a dig at the club, one scout for the Midlands, then SP expanded it...now they are gone? That says SP expanded a dire system off his own bat? The club didn't, that is why there is now no system....what are TF and SW doing...no scouting system in the infra structure of the club.....no wonder we have signed any dross that any agent can off load onto us.

TF and SW lead weights round the clubs neck. But we run this club like it is in the Championship...yeah where you got us relegated from...jokers

Obviously it is awful that the club is being run with no scouting system, and the article as a whole reads as a criticism as to how the club has been ran which I think is more Waggots fault when it comes to the football side. But I don't see how the quote I posted can be interpreted as anything other than a dig at the previous manager

chiefdave

This is something that needs to be drilled down on. We've heard all about Waggott sorting this out before so how have we ended up with nothing again? If it's not raised by the CT or CWR before the next SCG meeting perhaps they could ask the question.

rupert_bear

Then the old question appears WHO signed the players ? Pressley was a manager in a foreign league with little or no knowledge of the English leagues especially division 3 players. I know who i think signed the players and my ruck with SP is he kept stum when he should have gone public, they could only sack him!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Then the old question appears WHO signed the players ? Pressley was a manager in a foreign league with little or no knowledge of the English leagues especially division 3 players. I know who i think signed the players and my ruck with SP is he kept stum when he should have gone public, they could only sack him!
Pure speculation here but I don't think Pressley was big enough to say no to some players, and coupled with Pressleys lack of knowledge about England probably meant we didn't identify many of our own targets but took on whatever players agents were offering. I'd imagine it went something like this, agent contacts Waggot and Waggot presents player to Pressley. Pressley thinks I don't know much about that player but because of my lack of knowledge on the English leagues as well as having no/fairly new scouting system therefore I don't have a better alternative and if I don't sign him I'll get no one. Player X has a decent championship record/past reputation so I'll sign him.

Nick

Administrator

Who do you think is at fault?

stupot07

You could argue the standard of the signings suggest that they have been signed by someone with little knowledge of English leagues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Well it can't be Steve Waggott as he has denied signing players and he wouldn't lie would he ?

At the fans forum at the start of the season SP said players in and out were all his decision. Of course he didn't go into specifics, for example does he go I want this player or does he go I need a forward here's a list of 5 possibilities.

I guess if we see a noticeable change in the players coming in we can conclude that is down to Mowbray but even then it could just be his list of potential signings given to Waggott is better.

SkyBlue_Bear83

At the fans forum at the start of the season SP said players in and out were all his decision. Of course he didn't go into specifics, for example does he go I want this player or does he go I need a forward here's a list of 5 possibilities.

I guess if we see a noticeable change in the players coming in we can conclude that is down to Mowbray but even then it could just be his list of potential signings given to Waggott is better.

I honestly believe that when Pressley says no player is signed without his go ahead, I'd imagine having no or a new scouting system which won't have watched many matches couple as well as Pressley lack of knowledge of English football meant we weren't identifying most of our targets and Pressley was having to choose from a list of players agents had put forward players to the club and who Pressley didn't know about.

Lord_Nampil

If Pressley didn't leave the scouting reports, does this bring into play why his pay off was and is late, perfect ammunition to say he breached his contract...

Hobo

Obviously it is awful that the club is being run with no scouting system, and the article as a whole reads as a criticism as to how the club has been ran which I think is more Waggots fault when it comes to the football side. But I don't see how the quote I posted can be interpreted as anything other than a dig at the previous manager

I read your post went back to the article and posted my thoughts....you are right it is terrible the club has no scouting system. Your thrust is it is down to SP. My thrust is it was a problem pre and post SP. It appears to me SP maybe tried to address the problem by calling in favours? Rather than the club (TF and SW as custodians) fund or even try to address a problem and therefore change a policy.

Last edited:

city old boy

Pure speculation here but I don't think Pressley was big enough to say no to some players, and coupled with Pressleys lack of knowledge about England probably meant we didn't identify many of our own targets but took on whatever players agents were offering. I'd imagine it went something like this, agent contacts Waggot and Waggot presents player to Pressley. Pressley thinks I don't know much about that player but because of my lack of knowledge on the English leagues as well as having no/fairly new scouting system therefore I don't have a better alternative and if I don't sign him I'll get no one. Player X has a decent championship record/past reputation so I'll sign him.

Case in point The three dickheads from Bournemouth

Users who are viewing this thread