No reason to celebrate-Got to act quick now (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Now all the drama is finished, we need to act quickly...There is no reason to celebrate surviving in league one. It's not good enough.

Need to sign TM or a similarly experienced and decent manager.
Must sign an almost entire new squad: keep only Burge, Reda, Willis, Phillips,Fleck, JOB and Tudgay (along with kids- Maddison etc.)
Transfer business has to be done early.
The right foundations have to be laid- E.G scouting system, involvement in the community, contact with fans.

It's not much to ask it is simple football business. We have to build, it does not cost much to get out of this league, we just need to have the ability to bring in the right players.

chiefdave

Get moving now. Every year we seem to start the season without the players we need, still scratching around for loans and free agents. Lets get it sorted so we have our squad in place in time for pre-season.

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't business usually start about June?

Not that they can't get targets they want then.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sign Mowbray

Then let him do whatever he wants within the budget, let him sign who he wants, let him release/sell who he wants, let him loan who he wants. If he wants to make changes to the backroom and coaching staff/training ground/scouting/medical/infrastructure and its within budget then let him do it.

Then get promoted.

Last edited:

The CableGuy

Sign Mowbray

Then let him do whatever he wants within the budget, let him sign who he wants, let him release/sell who he wants, let him loan who he wants. If he wants to make changes to the backroom staff/training ground/scouting/medical/infrastructure and its within budget then let him do it.

Then get promoted.

Then have a pint.

skybluegod

Doesn't business usually start about June?

Not that they can't get targets they want then.

Business for us usually starts about 2 weeks into pre-season, it should start immediately if we want to do well. People talk about players jelling but that is what pre-season is for. Although players aren't out of contract until June we can pick out targets and talk to agents and have deals in place to pounce immediately.

Macca

There is relief but absolutely no way I can celebrate this. I agree with the OP, we have a good guy here let's sign him up

Hobo

I Expect Waggott and Fisher will be going on holiday tonight

RFC

Now all the drama is finished, we need to act quickly...There is no reason to celebrate surviving in league one. It's not good enough.

Need to sign TM or a similarly experienced and decent manager.
Must sign an almost entire new squad: keep only Burge, Reda, Willis, Phillips,Fleck, JOB and Tudgay (along with kids- Maddison etc.)
Transfer business has to be done early.
The right foundations have to be laid- E.G scouting system, involvement in the community, contact with fans.

It's not much to ask it is simple football business. We have to build, it does not cost much to get out of this league, we just need to have the ability to bring in the right players.

Whilst agreeing with a lot of what you say, it only costs if you take the gamble but don't make it!

£5:7 million isn't much if your prepared to gamble on losing it! Great if it works out but if you fail you've suddenly incurred more debt that you're not likely to recover.

In truth it's the so called investment (gambling by spending money you haven't got) that has put us where we are today, in the third tier of English football!

Just take a look back over the last 25 or 30 years.

SkyBlueSid

How long do we think it'll take to either sign up TM or confirm he's not staying?

I doubt he will be signing a contract in the morning.

The way I see it, there are two issues. First off, he has to be satisfied that he will be given the resources for a serious crack at promotion. That is a hell of a long way from where we are now, tatting around with the rubbish at the bottom of our division. I have serious doubts that they will agree on this.

Then, even if they do agree, there will be clubs at a higher level wanting a new manager in the next few weeks. Mowbray has had his way back into the game and done well with a poor squad. I fear he will get a better offer and be gone without a backward glance.

skybluegod

Whilst agreeing with a lot of what you say, it only costs if you take the gamble but don't make it!

£5:7 million isn't much if your prepared to gamble on losing it! Great if it works out but if you fail you've suddenly incurred more debt that you're not likely to recover.

In truth it's the so called investment (gambling by spending money you haven't got) that has put us where we are today, in the third tier of English football!

I'm not even asking for an increase in budget tbh, we already have a top 6 budget, it's just been used poorly.

Maybe we do need to pay a fee for a player, but I don't think even Mowbray would ask for millions, but we need more goals and that costs money.

ccfcway

cant we concentrate on the court case 1st.

When that is over, we can look towards the new season until the next court date

ccfcway

whilst agreeing with a lot of what you say, it only costs if you take the gamble but don't make it!

In truth it's the so called investment (gambling by spending money you haven't got) that has put us where we are today, in the third tier of english football!

I could comment on this, but i am not going to. Watch this space !!

HELP !

Samo

Get moving now. Every year we seem to start the season without the players we need, still
scratching around for loans and free agents. Lets get it sorted so we have our squad in place in time for pre-season.

But if you want a few quality loans you won't get them until the prem clubs have finallised their squads.

SkyBlue_Bear83

But if you want a few quality loans you won't get them until the prem clubs have finallised their squads.

I'm not sure, we're not exactly going to be going in for players who are on the fringe of making the premier league cut are we? It will be more the youth players who are nowhere near making the squads yet. The only obstacle at that I can see is some clubs may wish there young players to go through preseason with there parent club rather than out on loan.

chiefdave

The few quality loans should be the final pieces and we shouldn't be reliant on them. If we are relying on them becoming available and then they don't materialise we've got another season similar to this one.

Get our own squad together and if loan players become available that will add to that squad bring them in. Personally I've got no issue with not having a single loan player if we don't need them.

Hobo

Samo
We have a lot of work to do. The infrastructure of the club needs sorting. We need to decide who is going and who is staying. We need to decide who or the positions we are targeting to make the most of the summer window. We want most additions to have a full pre season with us. The likes of Samuels Pennington and Ward we can express an interest in and sound out. Yes the loans come last and hopefully we might be just adding one or maybe two final pieces of the jigsaw.

Users who are viewing this thread