"No player is bigger than the club" (1 Viewer)

barnes8

I keep hearing people defending the stance of fans going to Northampton say "Steven Pressley and the lads need our support". But are we now truly supporting Coventry City F.C?

Surely the one thing that defines our "club" is the fact we play in Coventry. Thats our identity. Now the tie has gone what else is left? Are the players explicitly the club? No. They will move clubs at the drop of a hat given a better offer.

I've found the great results against Bristol City & Carlisle to be hollow victories. I just cant get excited about it. And until we move back to Cov I just won't get that same buzz which is what supporting a football club is all about. Sad state of affairs. Cheers SISU.

Paxman II

Coming from such an avid supporter and fan who has posted just 4 times in this forum?

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Everybody has to sign up some time.

Having spent a while being accused of being a SISU plant/in the employ of SISU/Tim Fisher ;) just because of when I joined, the same applies for all perspectives...

Amazingly enough the current situation may want people to say their piece.

(If we were going into conspiracy theories, then the uber pro-SISU posters are clearly ACL plants btw ;) )

CCFColi

Does it really matter how many times he has posted? Does that define him as a rubbish supporter because he has only posted a couple of times on a message board? What he says Ida true reflection of the modern game. Just for the record I have been a member of this forum for a while and have only posted a couple of times, but I can tell you this you are no more a better supporter than myself.

LastGarrison

Does it really matter how many times he has posted? Does that define him as a rubbish supporter because he has only posted a couple of times on a message board? What he says Ida true reflection of the modern game. Just for the record I have been a member of this forum for a while and have only posted a couple of times, but I can tell you this you are no more a better supporter than myself.
Indeed.

Last edited:

barnes8

haha. Is the worth of a fan judged by how many times they've posted in an internet forum!? What a ridiculous comment. People like you, Paxman II 'CCFC Manager', are why people read the forum and don't post because of the amount of idiots knocking about.

Spionkop

Barnes, your sentiments are probably echoed around the city. Sad state of affairs. I was sitting in my car in a pub car park listening to the last few minutes of the Bristol win. . After going up to the charity game at the Ricoh. What should have been a fantastic win, shared with 15,000 other city nuts, the feeling was - as you said - hollow.
Just doesn't feel like our team. Keep the faith. Hopefully it will all change soon.
Paxman, disappointed in that comment.

Paxman II

I'm referring to the amount of new posters that have appeared since all this nonsense got out of hand with SISU. Where have you been during other crises that have been affecting the club in recent times? Would have been nice to have your views then too?

ajsccfc

I don't think someone staying away from here is a bad thing. If anything it's to their credit, and I'm sorry for what they've unleashed upon themselves. Run!

kmj5000

I'm referring to the amount of new posters that have appeared since all this nonsense got out of hand with SISU. Where have you been during other crises that have been affecting the club in recent times? Would have been nice to have your views then too?

It's hardly surprising that "new posters" are reluctant to make comments with stupid and inane remarks like yours! You are such a tosser, you really are.

As you rightly say, things have recently "got out of hand with SISU" which, not unexpectedly, has now aroused the emotions of many more less-vocal, but nevertheless, loyal supporters.

Welcome back to the forum Barnes8. Take no notice of this fuckwit!

ajsccfc

Although I shouldn't reveal this, 500 posts gets you into the secret gentleman's forum where we play backgammon and enjoy not but the finest brandy.

ccfcmustang

Coming from such an avid supporter and fan who has posted just 4 times in this forum?

Such an avid supporter in the cotswolds, I imagine you havent been to a game in years, pretend your a supporter by franticly posting on this forum. What about the other 20,000 city fans who do not have an account, are they shit supporters aswell

Moff

Whether you disagree or agree with Paxman, his opnion does not warrnt such abuse on the forum, from those who say they have vetoed the forum due to such abuse.

To call someone a tosser for their opinion, whether you agree or disgaree, makes them a bit of a tosser themselves.

Moff

Although I shouldn't reveal this, 500 posts gets you into the secret gentleman's forum where we play backgammon and enjoy not but the finest brandy.

Dont let the cat out of the bag. Are you free for a game of Bridge on Monday?

kmj5000

Whether you disagree or agree with Paxman, his opnion does not warrnt such abuse on the forum, from those who say they have vetoed the forum due to such abuse.

To call someone a tosser for their opinion, whether you agree or disgaree, makes them a bit of a tosser themselves.

I'm sorry, but to criticise someone just because he hasn't posted many comments in the past is a tosser - "in my opinion"!

Grendel

Lovely to see such chivalry to a new poster. I'm sure the same would be said of any new poster of late - am I right?

Sky Blue Harry H

When you say no player....have you not seen blueflint's avatar?

Last edited:

rondog1973

Such an avid supporter in the cotswolds, I imagine you havent been to a game in years, pretend your a supporter by franticly posting on this forum. What about the other 20,000 city fans who do not have an account, are they shit supporters aswell
Often disagree with both you and Paxman 2 on issues debated in this forum, however recognized your views as those of a genuine Cov fan. The above comment, and the one Paxman has made are seriously damaging your credibility though. For fucks sake, put your shovels down!

Users who are viewing this thread